Polaris xp info wanted

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
ok xp ,peeps ....
i would like to get some feed back from the xp owners and after market members on what i need to do to my new xp to make it stronger in the week points and what the week points are that i need to keep an on ,
and what i can do to get the most out of it.
any input you can think of will be most appreciated.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Congrats on your XP. You will love it! If you are like most you will need a Lock and Ride box in the bed, some tunes, as PB said maybe some trailing arm guards, and have fun! Make sure you run decent tire pressure if you drive in the Mojave most of the time...eg, 16 lbs.

lmcarraher

Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
Congrats on your XP. You will love it! If you are like most you will need a Lock and Ride box in the bed, some tunes, as PB said maybe some trailing arm guards, and have fun! Make sure you run decent tire pressure if you drive in the Mojave most of the time...eg, 16 lbs.
its at on the go audio now getting the sound system installed:D
where do i get the t/a guards?
sorry guys i just dont know any thing about the rzr's i have always been a rhino guy

lmcarraher

Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
North County Yamaha has outfitted mine except my Rugged Radio and Intercom! Kendal is hard to beat! Best prices I have found and shipped to my door! :D I have run 6psi in my Maxxs from the time I unloaded it and love the ride! When I picked it up they had 16psi and it was horrible and the ride was getting me worried! Now I love the ride and cornering! I like my Ipod and head sets too;) My music when I want it! :D:D:D Now you have to go riding! Johnson Valley this weekend!
GET ME THE JV INFO I CANT WAIT TO TEST HER OUT.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Ok...fair enough. I drive REALLY hard and with 12 psi, I get pinch flats, but not with 16 PSI (play riding). 4-6 psi is what I run in the dunes. You don't want to know what I run in the Bobsled in race trim. If you are going to run less than 12 psi, I highly recommend you get a high quality plug kit and a 12 v air compressor. This isn't a 900 thing...it is any UTV. But if you are are just cruising, you will get a much better ride with lower tire pressure. But then again, why not just get a RZR S to cruise. The potential of an XP is gnarley. Woot...woot!

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
I am not a rock crawler, just a golf cart desert racer.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
As you know racing is a different cat! You can't always pick "your line" or be where you should be and at speed 12psi works for that application, I am just talking about recreational riding! :)
Are you saying 12 psi works for desert racing?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Larry stay tuned to the Cognito channel!!!:D We will have suspension upgrades for all the weak areas...and if our test Mule WORC's racer Keenan Rogerson cant break it...I doubt you will in just recreation. I say go out and Play...then start upgrading AS needed!

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I agree with BajaXP that 16psi is good for fast play riding.I have broken cast wheels into pieces at 16psi when racing.Hi speeds and rocks require higher pressures.

FABWERX1

May 31, 2011
Larry,
Let me know when you want a cage and rear links.
I will make you a killer deal

BTW, I just picked up a xp today from berts.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I agree with BajaXP that 16psi is good for fast play riding.I have broken cast wheels into pieces at 16psi when racing.Hi speeds and rocks require higher pressures.
I disagree especially for the XP, it gets very squirly at that pressure. and I would not increase for dezert either, racing or not.

for the OP,

Seat belts are the first thing to add IMO, then play/use it to see what else you may want. Benchmark composite skid plates, POPO LNR box is great and carries a ton of stuff and super easy to remove. the Stock tires (at least on mine ITPs) are questionable by many, but I have had no issues. Maybe some seats by twisted Stitch, Rugged radios intercom and/or radio is a plus and wearing the headsets make the ride more enjoyable as well.
have fun

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I disagree especially for the XP, it gets very squirly at that pressure. and I would not increase for dezert either, racing or not.

for the OP,

Seat belts are the first thing to add IMO, then play/use it to see what else you may want. Benchmark composite skid plates, POPO LNR box is great and carries a ton of stuff and super easy to remove. the Stock tires (at least on mine ITPs) are questionable by many, but I have had no issues. Maybe some seats by twisted Stitch, Rugged radios intercom and/or radio is a plus and wearing the headsets make the ride more enjoyable as well.
have fun
Rog, PM me your address. I didnt get you message about your tow strap until after the SSSS. It looks like my first trip to G this year will be around new years. Id like to mail you your strap incase you need it.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Rog, PM me your address. I didnt get you message about your tow strap until after the SSSS. It looks like my first trip to G this year will be around new years. Id like to mail you your strap incase you need it.
Just bring it new years, I got it covered buddy, :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000