XP 1000 4-seater?

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Because there is nothing out yet. Only speculation that it will be released new years. Similar to how xp4 released

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
What has been the price difference between the 2/4 seater. I have an 800S, think I payed 12-13K for it brand new. Its crazy the money Polaris is making on these things

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
What has been the price difference between the 2/4 seater. I have an 800S, think I payed 12-13K for it brand new. Its crazy the money Polaris is making on these things
They dump a lot of money into advertising but it has paid off BC they obviously own most of the side x side market share. They have made all the right moves.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
They do make a good bit of money but you have to think about the money they have spent on R&D, advertisement, they had 20 something XP1000's they were letting random people test drive at the sand dunes (I forgot where that was at). So they have spent a lot of money on this new Xp hopefully it pays off for them so they can continue to make new machines and gain further interest for the sport we all love.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I almost wish they would stop advertising the Sport cause it brings in more Fools. And with more people comes the Government. Maybe thats why Polaris lobbied for the Helmet Law in California so it gives them a Legal out if some one gets hurt not wearing there Helmet, Right.:(

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
They do make a good bit of money but you have to think about the money they have spent on R&D, advertisement, they had 20 something XP1000's they were letting random people test drive at the sand dunes (I forgot where that was at). So they have spent a lot of money on this new Xp hopefully it pays off for them so they can continue to make new machines and gain further interest for the sport we all love.
Well said!
The demo event was in Oregon...Coos Bay I think

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
I kind of hear ya...... Those 20 XP's will still be sold at some point. R&D and advertisement costs some money certainly........ but a large portion of that is a tax write off (actually 100% of advertisement is). I'm in no way harping or bitching. I love the sport and hope it continues to grow. I own two businesses myself and would be interested to know what the bottom line cost is per unit on an XP. Polaris has an excellent business plan, good combination of engineering and common sense. Seems to me they truly value the customers feedback.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
I kind of hear ya...... Those 20 XP's will still be sold at some point. R&D and advertisement costs some money certainly........ but a large portion of that is a tax write off (actually 100% of advertisement is). I'm in no way harping or bitching. I love the sport and hope it continues to grow. I own two businesses myself and would be interested to know what the bottom line cost is per unit on an XP. Polaris has an excellent business plan, good combination of engineering and common sense. Seems to me they truly value the customers feedback.
I absolutely agree with you about Polaris making a lot of money off of the sxs's I'm not a Polaris owner so I feel I have a pretty unbiased opinion but I feel they are doing a ton for the sport. And I think the reason there prices are so high is that people are paying that much for them and every time we get a new badder machine the less money we have to put into it. Do I think they should sell for 20k no, would I pay 18 to 20k if I could afford it absolutely :)

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
I know one thing, they certainly are raising the bar. They want to be on top right off the show room floor. I was surprised when Can-Am released the Maverick they only went with the 14" of suspension. Thats the same my "S" has (HCR long travel kit) but its 4 years old. You would think they would have gone a little "bigger" knowing that Polaris would follow them up. I've seen long travel kits for the mav that takes it to 18"...... for 6K.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
I almost wish they would stop advertising the Sport cause it brings in more Fools. And with more people comes the Government. Maybe thats why Polaris lobbied for the Helmet Law in California so it gives them a Legal out if some one gets hurt not wearing there Helmet, Right.:(
The fools will come regardless that's why yamaha lost there ass in the early years of sxs's. and as far as government goes that has nothing to do with Polaris I live in Utah and we don't have all those lame ass laws like California it is because we vote for less gov. And Cali is a liberal state that votes for more gov. Of corse Polaris will vote for more laws to save there ass. Look what happened to yamaha. America is full of a bunch of people that won't take responsibility for there own actions, they would rather sue a manufacture than admit there fault. If Polaris is doing anything it's making sxs's more common, and that will result in less law suites and better products. You will never get away from idiots they are everywhere. More attention on our sport will not change that.

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
The fools will come regardless that's why yamaha lost there ass in the early years of sxs's. and as far as government goes that has nothing to do with Polaris I live in Utah and we don't have all those lame ass laws like California it is because we vote for less gov. And Cali is a liberal state that votes for more gov. Of corse Polaris will vote for more laws to save there ass. Look what happened to yamaha. America is full of a bunch of people that won't take responsibility for there own actions, they would rather sue a manufacture than admit there fault. If Polaris is doing anything it's making sxs's more common, and that will result in less law suites and better products. You will never get away from idiots they are everywhere. More attention on our sport will not change that.
I wouldn't necessarily say Utah votes for less laws. I live in Colorado and have been to Little Sahara (Utah) for Easter. I have never seen a more aggressive bunch of troopers/cops/low lives than I saw that weekend. They sneak into camps at 11PM, follow people..... I got pulled over for doing 8mph in a 5mph zone. At 2am in the morning!! I'll take Glamis over little sahara on a major weekend any day of the week.

You can certainly get screwed with in Glamis...... but you have to do 40 through the camps or rows of people at the hill or drags, light of fireworks(know this one from personal experience) or crash. Easter weekend at Little Sahara was the worst experience I've ever had. That night I got pulled over they informed me that I have to carry my Drivers License on me and if they caught me again without it they would impound my RZR and take me to jail. All this happen not 10' from my toyhauler. Utah just has different ways of enforcing laws.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
I wouldn't necessarily say Utah votes for less laws. I live in Colorado and have been to Little Sahara (Utah) for Easter. I have never seen a more aggressive bunch of troopers/cops/low lives than I saw that weekend. They sneak into camps at 11PM, follow people..... I got pulled over for doing 8mph in a 5mph zone. At 2am in the morning!! I'll take Glamis over little sahara on a major weekend any day of the week.

You can certainly get screwed with in Glamis...... but you have to do 40 through the camps or rows of people at the hill or drags, light of fireworks(know this one from personal experience) or crash. Easter weekend at Little Sahara was the worst experience I've ever had. That night I got pulled over they informed me that I have to carry my Drivers License on me and if they caught me again without it they would impound my RZR and take me to jail. All this happen not 10' from my toyhauler. Utah just has different ways of enforcing laws.
Oh ok Utah doesn't vote more conservative. You would know cause you visited little Sahara once on Easter weekend on the most popular weekend there is out there. You don't need to tell me how it is out there. We have no helmet laws we can put seats in the beds of our sxs's my kids can ride in the back seat without touching the floor and a grab bar. I said nothing about our law enforcement. And how they enforce them. But we are getting off subject I suggest we get back on, no point bickering about laws we all have our down falls and we all have gov. That thinks they know what's best for the public

granny

OG Ninjet
Sep 23, 2009
Johnson Valley, Ca.
Well I guess living in Utah doesn't make you the big brain you think you are, babbling about liberals , I live here in California and happen to know that helmet law was put in by Paul Cook a right wing Republican congressman.

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
Oh ok Utah doesn't vote more conservative. You would know cause you visited little Sahara once on Easter weekend on the most popular weekend there is out there. You don't need to tell me how it is out there. We have no helmet laws we can put seats in the beds of our sxs's my kids can ride in the back seat without touching the floor and a grab bar. I said nothing about our law enforcement. And how they enforce them. But we are getting off subject I suggest we get back on, no point bickering about laws we all have our down falls and we all have gov. That thinks they know what's best for the public
I've been to Little Sahara plenty of times(7-8) and you're right, Easter is horrible. But its 10X worse than I've ever seen in Cali (Glamis/Pismo/Dumont) on any holiday. I've have spent time all over the state.... Park City, Salt Lake, Duchesne, Vernal, Blanding. Law enforcement and how they enforce it really is all that matters, I could give a shit about the laws if they let them slide. The lasting memory I have of Little Sahara as I was leaving last Easter were all the flatbed tow trucks with impounded bikes strapped down on the back. Well over 100. If you can catch good weather (no wind) a regular jo blow weekend in Little Sahara is great.

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
Well I guess living in Utah doesn't make you the big brain you think you are, babbling about liberals , I live here in California and happen to know that helmet law was put in by Paul Cook a right wing Republican congressman.
They didn't pass the not legal to ride if "you can't touch the grab bar or floorboards" right? I heard that one didn't pass.

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
And not to beat this to death Mr Utah but Colorado has the same laws as Utah in reference to no helmets, riding in the beds of pickups and all that. Obama/liberals have owned this state for the past 6 years. Bottom line being that common sense is no longer so common. Here, Utah, Cali. There's just a lot more people in Cali so it gets more publicity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000