Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 4 seats

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

mikef

Big Mike - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Beaumont, Ca. (Inland Empire)
I have decided to buy an XP 1000. Now I have to decide between 2 seats or 4. 99% of the time I won't use the rear seats. But I have heard the 4 seater is a far better ride. I like that if its true. I ride desert and mountain trails. Places like Ocotillo. I am a little worried about the length and size of the 4 seater on the trails. Not sure if that is an issue or not. Also is there a lack of performance with the 4 seater. Money is not an issue. Just want what's best. So what do you guys think and why...... Thanks.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I've always thought that the four seaters would be too long for Ocatillo Wells and superstition where I ride. But, I kind of changed my mind when I noticed one day after swapping vehicles that my wife's razor four 800 Road smoother than my Maverick two-seater. And then, New Year's week I didn't see some whoops in front of me and so I didn't slow down for them, and I did two or three forward flips in my Maverick and totaled it. The first time down my favorite whoop section in the Maverick I figured out that it was still too short of a wheelbase for me at 84 inches. Then when the XP 1000 was announced I thought there's a very good combination, 18 inches of travel in the rear and a 90 inch wheelbase. But I believe that the 90 inch wheelbase is still a little bit too short. I've taken a ride in my friends xp1k in the desert and it does ride great. Very smooth ride. But, I also test drove the XP 1K4 in Glamis, and down sand highway we were doing 50 miles an hour and my mouth was wide open because of how smooth the ride was. I was in shock at how smooth it was! Where as in my Maverick, I could only do 35 and it was very uncomfortable, rocking back-and-forth. If I were to buy another vehicle right now it would be the xp1k4, simply because the smooth ride cannot be beat. Also,, with those 29 inch tires on it and 13 1/2 inches of ground clearance, it should go most of the places that we're used to in the two seaters.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I have the 2 seater and am having a blast driving it. My first ride was out in Jawbone/Cal City. The rest of my riding has been in the dunes.

It is very stable at all speeds and soaks up the bumps well. The stock suspension does need some tweaking with the pre-load and compression settings. Probably could use a re-valve, but not absolutely necessary.

Coming from a Rhino this thing is stupid fast and will get to 60+mph quickly. It has a nice smooth powerband.

The 2 seater has a 90" wheelbase. It is a very nimble machine.

I have not driven the four seater. I do know the 4 seater will provide a better ride over the whoops as the wheelbase is much longer.

The only four seater I have driven was the Wildcat and it is the Caddy of them all. If the 4 seat XP1000 is anything like the wildcat the ride will be smooth.

No matter which one you get you will love the ride, power and most importantly the power steering.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
I've driven both. 2 seater is fun and a little bit more squirrelly. You can't tell you are driving a 4 when you do. I mean, it doesn't seem like all that length is behind you. The length does help in the whoops, but both cars perform awesome! It's really preference.

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
I own a 900 XP4, but for the 1000 I personally voted for the 2 seater...

I like the newer longer wheelbase of the 1000 2 seater vs the 900 2 seater, however at the same time the length of the new 1000 4 seater is border line rediculous!!! its a limosine (my opinion only).

Sure the length of the 4 seater will make the whoops a little better. But I dont know about you, I am in the dunes and spend about 5% of my trip in the whoops. Same goes for Ocotillo and other riding areas, I try avoiding the whoops even though my car is very capable of them (75mph down oldsmobile hill no problem :cool:).

But in the end it all comes down to preference, riding style and cargo space!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000