Working on my new/old tow Rig ;-)

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Well we got started working on my new/old tow rig ;-)
1975 Ford 4x4 Crew Cab High Boy ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Getting ready to remove the Tranfer Case ;-)

And yes you are not seeing things = 3 drive shafts ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
its amazing what wheels and tires will do.
looking real good , so what is on the to do list for that beast?
A 460 with C6, new/old short bed, new/old driver front fender, new/old front grill, new/old 2 gas tanks under the bed, all brakes will be redone, 5th wheel, new headers, new mufflers, new exhaust, it a high boy so no lift kit needed, and anything it may need for now just to get it on the road.

No paint or interior for now ;-)

FBT

Gonna be a nice rig, Cisco.
Divorced transfer case or two-piece rear drive line?
I am one of those clowns with two or three projects going at any given time and no $ to work on any of them, LOL
my #1 son and I are going to resto a jet boat my cousin bought new in 1977 that I have been in lust with since the first time I saw it, it is a 460/Berkeley set up, and I have actually made some progress on my '56 F-100..a truck i have owned for over 35 years.
It is also going to be a 460/C-6 deal.

If I didn't have my '97 F-350 7.3 diesel long bed crew cab 4x4 that I bought new and converted to dually, and if I hadn't tweaked it into (almost) exactly the hauler I need, I would be doing something along the lines of what you are doing, because I will never be able to afford or make sense of a 50k truck.
It has 94k on it, just really broken in.

I love the early big Ford trucks, always wanted to do a f-350 crew or supercab with a 12 valve Cummins...:D

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Gonna be a nice rig, Cisco.
Divorced transfer case or two-piece rear drive line?
I am one of those clowns with two or three projects going at any given time and no $ to work on any of them, LOL
my #1 son and I are going to resto a jet boat my cousin bought new in 1977 that I have been in lust with since the first time I saw it, it is a 460/Berkeley set up, and I have actually made some progress on my '56 F-100..a truck i have owned for over 35 years.
It is also going to be a 460/C-6 deal.

If I didn't have my '97 F-350 7.3 diesel long bed crew cab 4x4 that I bought new and converted to dually, and if I hadn't tweaked it into (almost) exactly the hauler I need, I would be doing something along the lines of what you are doing, because I will never be able to afford or make sense of a 50k truck.
It has 94k on it, just really broken in.

I love the early big Ford trucks, always wanted to do a f-350 crew or supercab with a 12 valve Cummins...:D
Look like me type of place, got to many projects and no mula LOL ;-)

It has a Divorced transfer case, the only way to go ;-)
Dana front and Dana rear, going to be a fun Toy ;-)

I know a Cummins is better but can stand the noise ;-)
I can tell is somthing is wrong with a gas motor (+ I can fix it) but with a diesel motor it will drive me crazy thinging something wrong LOL ;-)

mclerc07

Jan 30, 2012
i love these old trucks! i have 2 '76 f-150's. one is 2wheel drive and the cleanest body i have ever seen with no engine. the other is a 4x4 that the body is beat up and the engine and trans are cherry. it was an engine out of a 79 its the 351m. my plan is to do a little swapping around and make the 4x4 a bad @$$ rig and the other will be parts or maybe a truck to haul wood around. and i have building a cummins crew cab one day as well. to many other projects already at hand here as well. ha

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Motor, Tranny and Tranfer Case out and ready to have them rebuilt ;-)

Getting Truck Ready ;-)

Had to lower the front of the truck so out with the air ;-)

Motor ready to come out ;-)

Motor out and ready for trip ;-)

All pack up and ready for trip ;-)

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Looking good cisco! What are your plans? Stock or ?

Best tow rig is an old tow rig..... Especially with a cummins!

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Looking good cisco! What are your plans? Stock or ?

Best tow rig is an old tow rig..... Especially with a cummins!

Very nice Truck ;-)

I know a Cummins is better but can stand the noise ;-)
I can tell if somthing is wrong with a gas motor (+ I can fix it) but with a diesel motor it will drive me crazy thinging something wrong LOL ;-)

A 460 with C6, new/old short bed, new/old driver front fender, new/old front grill, new/old 2 gas tanks under the bed, all brakes will be redone, 5th wheel, new headers, new mufflers, new exhaust, it a high boy so no lift kit needed, and anything it may need for now just to get it on the road.

No paint or interior for now ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Drop off Motor with :)

Fred from "La Familia"

Drop off Tranny and Tranfer Case with ;-)

Pat from "La Familia"

This is going to be a "La Familia" project ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Did some more demo ;-)

Removed Old Tranny ;-)

Removed Truck Bed ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000