WORCS Peoria Updates

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well the rain is falling. Not heavily but it's light and steady. No telling how its going to be tomorrow during race day but I think it's safe to say that everyone racing is praying it holds off.

The track here at Canyon MX track is pretty gnarly. The MX section is full of step ups and when I say step up I mean you need to step up and pin it otherwise you need to back it down and roll it slow. This race will be won and lost in the big jumps for at least the top racers in the big classes. Not sure if some of the smaller classes will have the power to sky them all. Needless to say the MX section should be fun to watch.

The desert section is tight and rocky. Lots of gotchas so the racers will need to be very smart to not push too hard and end up blowing out a wheel or tire. There are a lot of high speed areas with passing lanes but don't go to crazy or you can blow a turn or smash a cactus. Rain or not there is a lot of water holes and mud out there.

Qualifying went down and the who's who of WORCs racing lined the top 5 with the new Holz cars sweeping the top 3 with Beau Barron and RJ Anderson going 1 and 2. Mitch Guthrie Jr would claim the 3rd overall position and take first for Production 1000. 33 machines in all made it for qualifying and we know many more will be here tomorrow who did not qualify.

It's going to go down! We will update when we can!

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Good luck to everyone racing. Can't wait till WORCS hits socal and I can afford to race. My baby boy will be here next week and money is tight. But come pala I'll see you there! :cool: Good luck again to everyone.

Ryan

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
the whole metro Phx valley is supposed to be under rain untill midnight.

Break out the waterproofing duct tape and screen, its gonna be a nasty wet one out there.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
So disappointing to see all this rain. It hasnt rained this much in Phx for a long time. Hasnt been heavy but has steadily coming down all night and morning pretty much. Looked like we were in for a great race until this. I doubt anyone will have enough traction to jump a few of the big jumps today and the wash amd desert section with def have some standing water to worry about.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Are they still racing you guys? It's been pouring here in Chandler since last night.....

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Talking about eliminating the MX section now I guess. Its pretty wet and puddled out there.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Last year at Glen Helen i swamped my car and it died in the Lucas Oil track. Damn rain. Better have tear offs. ALOT OF EM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000