WORCS 2012 season?

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
This is what seperates the WORCS series and LUCAS OIL SERIES!

Fun and cheap dont mess it all up when it went well 1 yr!
NO PARADE LAPS.
I start dead last and watch half the racers go out,this might be my only advantage.

Add all saftey requirements and I love to race for money.

It would be nice to see one of the after market suspension companys step and sponsor the series!

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
The only problem I see with a Sunday race is the drive home. Sunday gives the teams that travel the option to drive home. Some people travel up to 25 hours straight for these races.
I'm with you on this. I think having Sunday races makes it too difficult to make it back to work on Monday. Most people have to take Friday off too to travel. I see UTV racing as more of the common "working" mans class that we all can somewhat afford to do. Guys that can afford to go bigger go into bigger classes. I think this is one of the main problems with LOORRS, it's too much of a time commitment to run a "smaller" class. Next year I'll be all over the WORCS and Lucas Regional races that I can make it to, the number one reason being I can race Saturday and dive home Sunday. Missing the "big" Sunday race would make it less appealing to race Saturday, it would make the Saturday race almost feel pointless.

mark#63

Apr 27, 2011
NoHo,CA
IMO THE PARADE LAP IS A GOOD IDEA FOR A COUPLE OF REASONS, ONE REASON, SAFETY, AND TO KNOW WERE THE SKETCHY SPOTS ARE, AND TO SAVE YOUR RIG FROM GETTING BUSTED. THE CARNAGE I SEE ON THE ON THE TRACK IMO IS NOT PART FAILURE, ITS DRIVERS NOT KNOWING THE COURSE AND DRIVING WAY TO FAST (OVER THEIR HEADS? IDK) THE CARS TODAY HAVE 3 & 4 TIMES THE POWER THAN THEY DID WHEN WORCS STARTED RUNNING THE SXS'S.

NOT FEELING THE SUNDAY RACES TO HARD TO GET BACK TO WORK ON MON.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT WORKS IS THAT, (I MIGHT BE SPEAKING FOR MOST OF THE RACERS) THE AVERAGE WORKING PERSON CAN COME OUT AND COMPETE, HAVE A KILLER WEEKEND AND IF YOU DON'T BREAK, NOT SPEND ALOT OF $$$$$$!

MY.02

gsxr702

Jun 18, 2010
L.V N.V.
I say run the nets that come on the unit new . Putting window nets on a car with no doors doesn't help when there's no doors . Fire suit I don't think should be have to have . It's a place to race have a great time an see other cars before you start to build yours . It a place to start racing an not have to spend thousands first .

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
i think window nets, single layer fire suit,neck roll should be mandatory. i think there should be class 1, 2, and 3 with a 45 minute race and no parade lap and a seperate pro class which should be a hour long with a parade lap and a gate start with only 15 pros or as many as they can fit . none of the amatuer quads get a parade lap and in order to run pro am you have to do good in the expert class.pro is pro and not anybody should be allowed to run it.
I like everything about this post. Asking racers to spend another $200-$300 one time to be safe is not asking for the world. If you can't afford a fire suit, neck roll, and window nets then you probably can't afford to fix your car if you wreck it while racing. Everyone wants to race on the cheap and we all get that but all it takes is one bad wreck to spoil everybody's fun.

IMO every car in class 1 should have to have a 6 point cage with solid panels also. These cars are way to fast not to have that in sanctioned racing.

I love the idea of a pro class race that uses Saturday's race as a qualifier for Sunday's PRO race. If people have to travel then just race Saturday for fun like most all have been and still will do. If you set it up this way everyone still has to race on Saturday anyway. Maybe both races can be held on the same day?

When WORCS started utv racing they did it for fun. They may have got 10 UTVs to show. Now it's a monster of a class so to protect the integrity of the series some things need to improve on the rules side so that the class can endure.

The improvements to rules won't always mean higher cost but when it comes to safety how much is your life and this sport worth? No one wants to turn WORCS into Lucas Oil. We want to see WORCS flourish. But I know I don't want to see anyone get seriously injured because they didn't want to spend a few hundred bucks to properly protect themselves.

WORCS is only going to get bigger. Amateur racers are key to the growth. Costs should be kept down and racing should remain affordable. With that said I hope all racers Pro and Amateur alike will encourage safety!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Great post Pasta Grande and very well said.

I like everything about this post. Asking racers to spend another $200-$300 one time to be safe is not asking for the world. If you can't afford a fire suit, neck roll, and window nets then you probably can't afford to fix your car if you wreck it while racing. Everyone wants to race on the cheap and we all get that but all it takes is one bad wreck to spoil everybody's fun.

IMO every car in class 1 should have to have a 6 point cage with solid panels also. These cars are way to fast not to have that in sanctioned racing.

I love the idea of a pro class race that uses Saturday's race as a qualifier for Sunday's PRO race. If people have to travel then just race Saturday for fun like most all have been and still will do. If you set it up this way everyone still has to race on Saturday anyway. Maybe both races can be held on the same day?

When WORCS started utv racing they did it for fun. They may have got 10 UTVs to show. Now it's a monster of a class so to protect the integrity of the series some things need to improve on the rules side so that the class can endure.

The improvements to rules won't always mean higher cost but when it comes to safety how much is your life and this sport worth? No one wants to turn WORCS into Lucas Oil. We want to see WORCS flourish. But I know I don't want to see anyone get seriously injured because they didn't want to spend a few hundred bucks to properly protect themselves.

WORCS is only going to get bigger. Amateur racers are key to the growth. Costs should be kept down and racing should remain affordable. With that said I hope all racers Pro and Amateur alike will encourage safety!

Reactions: 1 person

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com

I don't know that I could have said any better myself Joey. I run BITD because of the safety standards they have and the level of competition it brings with it. I've always been a fan of WORCS and raced their 8 hr endurance challenge when they were first starting with UTVs. I didn't understand it back then and I still don't now as to why people won't spend the money to invest in their safety and ensure their future and the future of the sport. I'm sure if you ask Brandon Schueler about his incident at the SS300 last year he was extremely glad to be in a fire suit and proper gear during that race. It's just proof it can happen to anyone and i'm sure nobody will argue that these guys are one of the best equipped and prepared teams in the UTV community today.

Ryan15

Sep 20, 2011
Like I said rules are another story but since it keeps coming up. We are working with isa to set some safty rules to put in palce so you can goto many diferent races not just worcs and not have to add some new safty items everytime you race. Like I said another story but safty is coming. So maybe if you don't have any safty you should get a head start. Easier to spend a few hundred dollers on safty than a hospital bill!

Also the 2 race day is for those that want to race two days. It wouldent be manditory to race both days but to race Sunday you will have to qulify saturday. Just looking to get people more track time. We canot put both races on Saturday because of time and all the other atv races. So 2nd utv has to go on Sunday just after the pro atv race.

Last edited:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I think BITD is the Resort of desert racing , But having a class1 or trophy truck comming up on your tail during a race is pretty un safe I would say! They should run SOLO!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I think BITD is the Resort of desert racing , But having a class1 or trophy truck comming up on your tail during a race is pretty un safe I would say! They should run SOLO!
'Resort' ???

Anyway it would be unsafe if our Ute's weren't built the way that they are, which is also what makes them so expensive. But as they are built, they are as safe as a 2/1600 5/1600, etc.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I say run the nets that come on the unit new . Putting window nets on a car with no doors doesn't help when there's no doors . Fire suit I don't think should be have to have . It's a place to race have a great time an see other cars before you start to build yours . It a place to start racing an not have to spend thousands first .
Figuratively & literally....what? I gotta say wow, guess I need to get on the soap box now and say some of you guys dont get it yet, let me help you all on this a little.

Saturday my sons engine blew on the last lap at LOORRS.....major oil fire. By the time it was over it melted or burned; wiring harness, fan, hoses, then the fire moved to the drivers area and melted or burned, his seat, his restraints, more wiring, HIS FIRE SUIT, and his shoe laces. The car was still going about 40 when it happened (I wont go into the damage it sufferd when it hit the wall while he was getting out).
The suit saved saved his ass, while he was on fire (he said he was covered in flames) he was able to get himself out of the car then put his own fire out and suffered no burns what so ever. All of the above took place over a 10-15 second time period, that fast.

Do you think jeans and a t-shirt or nylon MX gear will offer the same protection?

While the chances of this kind of fire is remote it is still possible. Remember, you're strapped in a car, behind doors and window nets, maybe even laid over or upside down, once those flames start dancing across your lap (try not to panic) the extra time a fire suit will buy you is the difference between looking at a smoking car going "aw shit" and a year of getting skin grafts.

SFI is your friend guys, when racing buy one, wear one, and make sure you buy the nomex socks too, those things saved my sons exposed area between the shoes and pant leg of his suit.

Racing is damn fun serious buisness, money and cars will come and go but theres only one you, protect yourself. My .02

PS, Im ordering an on board fire system, this $300 dollar expense most likely would have saved me $1500 or more by the time Im done repairing the car.

Long Travel Ind.

Human Welding Machine - UTVUnderground Approved
May 31, 2009
anaheim
Figuratively & literally....what? I gotta say wow, guess I need to get on the soap box now and say some of you guys dont get it yet, let me help you all on this a little.

Saturday my sons engine blew on the last lap at LOORRS.....major oil fire. By the time it was over it melted or burned; wiring harness, fan, hoses, then the fire moved to the drivers area and melted or burned, his seat, his restraints, more wiring, HIS FIRE SUIT, and his shoe laces. The car was still going about 40 when it happened (I wont go into the damage it sufferd when it hit the wall while he was getting out).
The suit saved saved his ass, while he was on fire (he said he was covered in flames) he was able to get himself out of the car then put his own fire out and suffered no burns what so ever. All of the above took place over a 10-15 second time period, that fast.

Do you think jeans and a t-shirt or nylon MX gear will offer the same protection?

While the chances of this kind of fire is remote it is still possible. Remember, you're strapped in a car, behind doors and window nets, maybe even laid over or upside down, once those flames start dancing across your lap (try not to panic) the extra time a fire suit will buy you is the difference between looking at a smoking car going "aw shit" and a year of getting skin grafts.

SFI is your friend guys, when racing buy one, wear one, and make sure you buy the nomex socks too, those things saved my sons exposed area between the shoes and pant leg of his suit.

Racing is damn fun serious buisness, money and cars will come and go but theres only one you, protect yourself. My .02

PS, Im ordering an on board fire system, this $300 dollar expense most likely would have saved me $1500 or more by the time Im done repairing the car.
well said .... here is what josh's leg looked like after a quick fire in the rhino without a fire suit.....

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
'Resort' ???

Anyway it would be unsafe if our Ute's weren't built the way that they are, which is also what makes them so expensive. But as they are built, they are as safe as a 2/1600 5/1600, etc.
Resort of desert racing meaning: High end and top notch orginzation of desert racing! Thanks to Casey and still running strong overall.

As for fire suits and doors:
Doug,
Im glad Code is OK, Sucks for the car but a great example why all racers should wear a FIRE SUIT!Where do I get the socks?

Door's should be manditory and the ones that open dont work. The bars could go through you if you get T-boned.
Dont be lazy and dukes a hazard out off your car!
You must have nets and doors to make it safe!! Get your doors on and I know of a place for a great deal. FAB and SHEET METAL. PM ME for doors and windows

PRP WINDOW NETS

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Im not sure where your image of BiTD is coming from, but I will say with V2R just behind us its far from a resort. We were torn on what racing we wanted to do. And after NOT finishing V2R due to an engine failure I can say the accomplishment we felt only making it 307 miles was intense. We plan on running in the Pro class next year and making the whole season. WORC's on the other hand is an awesome Event. Its just too bad we dont have the funds to race 2 cars at 2 different series'

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
well said .... here is what josh's leg looked like after a quick fire in the rhino without a fire suit.....

If that doesn't make you want to wear a fire suit then I don't know what will......

Again, I want to personally thank WORCS (Ryan & Sean) for keeping UTVUnderground members/racers/readers informed on the current and upcoming season. The fact that this many people have input, concerns, and praise shows that whats going on at WORCS is pretty special. I for one cannot wait to see how this season finishes up and am really excited for January's kickoff race at Glen Helen!!!

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
I raced every WORCS race last year in class 2 and had a blast, I would hate for that to change. Just becareful about what rules you try and change. Safety is #1 and they should make fire suits be worn, plus it looks alot better for our sport then some one racing around in shorts like they did last year. Leave the classes how they are and just add some more safty to the rules.

805CustomZ

Oct 31, 2009
atascadero
First off. I am all for safety.

If we look back on the 2011 Season first race at Taft.
The turnout for class one was very small and class 3 was huge.

There was more than one stock looking rhino out there with or without passengers having a great time. If we compare it to last race in Glen helen the Rhino turnout was very small. One stock looking rhino and very few passengers. I am not sure what the reasoning is for the shrinking of the Rhino class is. But when other rhino racers are asking stock looking rhinos if there really going to race. This could be intimidating for new racers to the sport. I am guessing they don't think that a stock rhino should be out there with them. It is going to hurt the sport. Most racers start off somewhere. If we chase the little guys off we won't grow. I would personally like to see the rules in class 2 and 3 stay the same.(the addition to wrist straps is a good idea) In these classes a stock rig can be competitive. For those of us that have warranties and use them for activities other than racing. Welded on doors and side nets void warranties and make it extremely hard to use the vehicles for recreational activities.

I am all for rule changes in class 1. If class one continues to grow at the alarming rate is it. Its going to need 2 separate classes. One modified and one stock. There are RZR xp that have more money in additional parts than the original cost of purchase in them racing against stock rzr's. If we want to stay on the premise that this is for the average racer to compete in we might just need two classes. 3 rows of Xp's means there is definitely alot of them out there. Xp's are running such fast track times it might be a good idea to let them run without anyone else out there. There is going to be more collisions and bumping and if we don't address it soon. When an xp is lapping people its hard to tell if its an xp lapping you or a competitor trying to get around you.

This brings me to a separate topic. There needs to be places to pass people. The rigs are getting so wide that its very difficult to get by other rigs. Especially on tight tracks. Even if there lap traffic they can still be very difficult to pass if the tack is only one car wide. In some spots there needs to be 2 paths that connect back up. This will cut down on the bumping and allow faster racers to get around slower racers.

As far as practice goes it is definitely needed. If we look at how many utv's were broken or rolled at Taft practice. It is evident we need a chance to see the track. It gave everyone a second chance to correct there mistakes fix there rigs and race.

Hopefully my rant will make since. Hope to see you all at the next race.

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
First off. I am all for safety.

If we look back on the 2011 Season first race at Taft.
The turnout for class one was very small and class 3 was huge.

There was more than one stock looking rhino out there with or without passengers having a great time. If we compare it to last race in Glen helen the Rhino turnout was very small. One stock looking rhino and very few passengers. I am not sure what the reasoning is for the shrinking of the Rhino class is. But when other rhino racers are asking stock looking rhinos if there really going to race. This could be intimidating for new racers to the sport. I am guessing they don't think that a stock rhino should be out there with them. It is going to hurt the sport. Most racers start off somewhere. If we chase the little guys off we won't grow. I would personally like to see the rules in class 2 and 3 stay the same.(the addition to wrist straps is a good idea) In these classes a stock rig can be competitive. For those of us that have warranties and use them for activities other than racing. Welded on doors and side nets void warranties and make it extremely hard to use the vehicles for recreational activities.

I am all for rule changes in class 1. If class one continues to grow at the alarming rate is it. Its going to need 2 separate classes. One modified and one stock. There are RZR xp that have more money in additional parts than the original cost of purchase in them racing against stock rzr's. If we want to stay on the premise that this is for the average racer to compete in we might just need two classes. 3 rows of Xp's means there is definitely alot of them out there. Xp's are running such fast track times it might be a good idea to let them run without anyone else out there. There is going to be more collisions and bumping and if we don't address it soon. When an xp is lapping people its hard to tell if its an xp lapping you or a competitor trying to get around you.

This brings me to a separate topic. There needs to be places to pass people. The rigs are getting so wide that its very difficult to get by other rigs. Especially on tight tracks. Even if there lap traffic they can still be very difficult to pass if the tack is only one car wide. In some spots there needs to be 2 paths that connect back up. This will cut down on the bumping and allow faster racers to get around slower racers.

As far as practice goes it is definitely needed. If we look at how many utv's were broken or rolled at Taft practice. It is evident we need a chance to see the track. It gave everyone a second chance to correct there mistakes fix there rigs and race.

Hopefully my rant will make since. Hope to see you all at the next race.
agreed 100%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000