Why is no one racing MORE series ?

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Perkins, you hit the nail on the head, it's not about hype, or the media, or the factories, it's about having fun racing, isnt that what it's all supposed to be about having fun with your friends and family racing. If your concerned with keeping the factories happy your missing the point of life.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
Those intentionally changing, ignoring and/or intentionally crafting the rules ('pre-season' starting positions, etc.) to benefit the elite absolutely love any series (effectively) siphoning off those not deemed worthy to even eat their dirt on race day (anyways).
Hats off to the MORE for creating a racing series which today's kids can actually look up to..not to mention the racers themselves for simply policing their own should these same kids need to create a series themselves someday based on anything of value (sportsmanship, keeping corporate influences at bay, playing by the rules, integrity, etc.).

Winning isn't everything and the last few years have provided a very valuable lesson for the next generation of 1900 class racers.

Last edited:

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
I think that the racing UTV world don't know much about the MORE series, This is really the first year they have had a1900 class. I raced the first two races and had a blast, the course was challenging and I always had someone to race with, no UTV's but it was still fun, plus I won a thousand bucks for beating the 9 cars. As far as which series is best, who cares, let's just pre-run, have fun with our families and race hard the next day. MORE is all about family and racing, no hype, no media, no factory pressure, just hard competitive racing. Perkinsdirt is going to make every race, so come on out and let's see if we can become MORE's largest class.
This is exactly what I was trying to get people to see , see you at the next one and hopefully we can get more to show up

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
MORE has been a staple of desert racing for 20 years, drawing big names and small to challenge themselves against the desert and do battle with their competitors. Long before UTV's were even on the map, teams big and small from Trophy Trucks to Class 11's have been racing in the MORE series drawing some big numbers for the bigger races. Recently MORE has partnered with SNORE to put on some joint races, that have been truely epic. Both SNORE and MORE have always and foremost been about the racers themsleves, not any corporate sponsor or even fans, it's about racing for the pure love of racing.

Reactions: acme and staggs

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I think it's great that MORE is doing what they can to give the UTV racer another option on where to race. I have said in the past that the class needs another series that can better support the needs of the UTV racer. While BITD is a great series, its much more costly and the UTV's classes are run on a dictatorship, vs by the series and the racers them self. I still think you will be hard pressed to see teams who are supported by the manufactures come and race in these other series, unless the manufactures want them there. But its not a bad thing to not always have them around. As mentioned MORE and these other series will have more to offer the average racer and the environment and access for spectators and families is much better at a More or Snore race.

And maybe enough will see the positive about racing in a series where there is less conflict of interest, and no extra tech fee's. Maybe this will bring more racers over to the point it forces BITD and the manufactures to take a look and see whats going on. Remember most in not all the racers are racing BITD because Cory & Casey were the first to really embrace the UTV's and that is also what brought Polaris sponsorship to them too.

And not to hi-jack this thread, but I saw on RDC that SNORE is also working to get the UTV racer to come to there series. I know in the past they have offered some bonus incentives.

Here is what was posted on RDC in the UTV section;
"Come Race your SXS/UTV's with us !! Here is why we have Great course's,Affordable Desert racing with payouts,bonus money,contigency money.Fun Run the day before.Family events,We have 3 classes Pro limited,Pro Unlimited and Sportsman...We have board meetings every month and as the SXS Class rep and Board member you have a voice..And we have a general meeting for all members every month in Las Vegas.
Come try us out. We have some big things coming for 2017 !!!"

Last edited:
Reactions: UTVMike24

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Responses to posts in this thread in no particular order:

Joey: Other threads have stated how much many of the UTV racers worry about the factory involvement in racing so IMHO that's why the most guys stick with BITD. SCORE is a different deal and the 500/1000 a personal challenge and choice for many of us but they are totally budget unfriendly races that will always draw certain people draw w/wo the factories involvement. I think another reason people choose BITD is a lot of us really enjoy the spam affiliated with it...o_O

Perkins: Spot on! Having chased points in various classes and series over the years, we now have more fun racing the few races we want to do. As long as there is a little competition, it makes sense financially and fits with our schedule we're in (IF WE CAN EVER GET THIS CAR TO A RACE...). Hopefully a few guys might also be down for a SNORE or Record race...

Nikal: You're comments are so true and we've said the same thing: Too many guys are hung up on racing a certain place and are missing some fun races! Does anyone really like to race in Imperial in the summer???

Legacy: Does this mean you may be racing a more or SNORE race?

Anyone considering but unsure of Baja and interested in RECORD or CODE shoot me a PM and I can read you in on what they are about as we've done a few and they are a ball. It's a really cool way to experience Baja racing without the SCORE $'s and madness... It's not the 500 or 1000 but the Record/Ensenada to SF race is pretty bad arse!

Coco: Remember, you were contracted to that small, "Not For Profit", sideshow team first and we plan to call you back up to the majors... Dramamine is already in the trailer. :p

Perkins1946

Dec 8, 2013
Bakersfield and Phoenix
Here's what needs to happen, 10 UTV's (BITD legal) need to show up at every MORE race. Once we get 10 regular racers the class will grow at a rapid rate. Cody the owner of MORE has sponsors ready to dish out some big bucks once the class is over 10. So what you will have is this; camping right on the course, pre running with your family, pit bikes are almost required, lower entry fees, easy sign up, free and super easy tech, drivers meeting is in the morning right before the start and some of the most challenging courses you will ever drive on. Plus the UTV class has the highest payback of any class. So I ask all you UTV racers, what are you waiting for? Come out and compete with Perkinsdirt.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Here's what needs to happen, 10 UTV's (BITD legal) need to show up at every MORE race. Once we get 10 regular racers the class will grow at a rapid rate. Cody the owner of MORE has sponsors ready to dish out some big bucks once the class is over 10. So what you will have is this; camping right on the course, pre running with your family, pit bikes are almost required, lower entry fees, easy sign up, free and super easy tech, drivers meeting is in the morning right before the start and some of the most challenging courses you will ever drive on. Plus the UTV class has the highest payback of any class. So I ask all you UTV racers, what are you waiting for? Come out and compete with Perkinsdirt.
Well I can tell you there will be a few at the next round to compete against Perkins dirt

Reactions: UTVMike24

Perkins1946

Dec 8, 2013
Bakersfield and Phoenix
Well the PURE 150 is over and now it's time to get ready for the MORE race. It sounds like there are several 1900 cars that are going to give MORE a try. We can really make this club special if we support them, Perkins Dirt will be there, let's start a entry list so everyone can see who will be attending, that way maybe more will show up and race. We need 10 cars so we can take the big money Fox is offering.

Perkins1946

Dec 8, 2013
Bakersfield and Phoenix
The MORE race is the McKenzie's 250 on May 21st, it is located at Camprock Rd Anderson Dry Lake Bed in Lucerne Valley. They are running a 40 mile loop and the 1900 class does 4 laps. If you need more info you can call Cody Jeffers at 307-272-7431 or email him at [email protected]

UTVMike24

UTV RACER
Jun 11, 2013
Henderson Nevada
I'm the current SNORE UTV class rep and board member ... SNORE and MORE have been working together to grow the UTV/SXS class. Currently SNORE and MORE run 3 races together and more next year..We also have some big companies aboard, Driven Experience,KC Lights,Kartek,Mckenzies,FOX,Butchs Speed Shop.PCI Radios.And some more Big names for 2017...Yes currently Perkins is winning all of MORE races and bringing more racers to the series..
Yes were winning in our YXZ in the SNORE series our biggest count was 15 at Laughlin,But were also racing against the 5/16 cars the 9 cars and the trophylite trucks..That has been some awesome racing...The goal was to have a option for racers to race desert tracks that are not bladed.That offer a more Family environment with Family fun runs,pre running,lower cost,payouts and bonus money for all classes,trophies,picnics,giveaways and the big one is.We have a board meeting every month.And a open general meeting for all racers !!! If you have a question or a rule change or proposal or a Bitch you can do it every month..

So Come Race Caliente Nevada or Try the McKenzies 250

Perkins1946

Dec 8, 2013
Bakersfield and Phoenix
Perkins Dirt will be racing two cars so we need to add Christina Perkins in car 1946. We may need some help pitting since we will only have One person in our pit. If another 1900 team could help us that would really help us out. We only need someone to help refuel.

Apr 7, 2014
apple valley, ca
Perkins Dirt will be racing two cars so we need to add Christina Perkins in car 1946. We may need some help pitting since we will only have One person in our pit. If another 1900 team could help us that would really help us out. We only need someone to help refuel.
we can help you out we will get with you at the race and grab whatever you need us to take.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000