Why is no one racing MORE series ?

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
im curious as to why no one is racing the MORE series in utvs as it has a huge payout and low entry fees and costs , I am thinking about racing the rest of the series.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
I think it's a follow the leader kind of thing, lots of followers out there, I think it will take someone who is willing to think outside of the quadrilateral parallelogram. Everybody thinks that they should be racing BITD because thats where everybody else is, thats where the big teams are, even thou they will never win a BITD race and are just there adding to the payback. More racers need to decide why they race, for the fun of racing and putting yourself against the desert, or for the hype and the show and the look at me factor. Either are viable reasons, but if it's the former then MORE makes way to much sense. As more decide that MORE makes sense to their budget the car counts will go up and as they do that will drive even higher car counts.

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
I am planning on racing the MORE series for the rest of the year and the future. Perkins has been running some races and I know of another team that wants to run this series but is looking for a larger car count.

For me most events are within an hour to hour and a half of my house and the lower cost helps out as well. I believe all races have a pre-run which will be nice to take some of the team out and see more than a pit or two. Getting pit support will be MUCH easier as people wont have to take time off of work and away from their families to come help out for the full weekend ( if not longer ).

Its also nice that you can chase the course at these events on race day. JUST STAY OFF THE TRACK and 150 away !!! I don't have the time, and budget to run BITD. Not a knock against BITD , they are an incredible series and wish them nothing but success. But when you add up travel expenses, additional time off of work and the trackers it adds up. I fall into the good luck winning a race category so payback isn't on the top of my list. I'm out here to have fun and enjoy this great sport.

I think MORE is a great place for someone who has the fully built desert car to come and race. I have raced the AVE Series and that can be a ton of fun but with it being an open desert to the public I've had too many sketchy moments up there with, crazy locals, trail riders and spectators exc. I'm constantly worried about hitting someone out trail riding or another competitor whose lost on the poorly marker racetracks. ( its GPS based this year so hopefully the course marking situation is better this year). Camping at the AVE Ranch was a blast and looking forward to doing the same at the MORE Races.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
Hope to see you out there I know of a couple of teams that are planning on running at MORE, so it should get pretty good as the time goes by

acme

Jul 21, 2015
We are shooting for the SNORE Caliente race as we like that area over Barstow & Lucerne or are thinking Record Ensenada to SF if we can round up a crew for it and cars show: But MORE is a great series and we have solid support there so if there is no one to race at SNORE or Record, we may join you boys in Lucerne IF our stuff is ready in time... Now I just gotta go find a co-dog that has his own Dramamine?

Coco: You have told your guys they don't blade in MORE right :eek:... you have Dramamine right Joe:confused:

dezertBandito

Sep 16, 2013
More looks great for cost savings, I just think their courses get a little tired and beat up.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
I am planning on racing the MORE series for the rest of the year and the future. Perkins has been running some races and I know of another team that wants to run this series but is looking for a larger car count.

For me most events are within an hour to hour and a half of my house and the lower cost helps out as well. I believe all races have a pre-run which will be nice to take some of the team out and see more than a pit or two. Getting pit support will be MUCH easier as people wont have to take time off of work and away from their families to come help out for the full weekend ( if not longer ).

Its also nice that you can chase the course at these events on race day. JUST STAY OFF THE TRACK and 150 away !!! I don't have the time, and budget to run BITD. Not a knock against BITD , they are an incredible series and wish them nothing but success. But when you add up travel expenses, additional time off of work and the trackers it adds up. I fall into the good luck winning a race category so payback isn't on the top of my list. I'm out here to have fun and enjoy this great sport.

I think MORE is a great place for someone who has the fully built desert car to come and race. I have raced the AVE Series and that can be a ton of fun but with it being an open desert to the public I've had too many sketchy moments up there with, crazy locals, trail riders and spectators exc. I'm constantly worried about hitting someone out trail riding or another competitor whose lost on the poorly marker racetracks. ( its GPS based this year so hopefully the course marking situation is better this year). Camping at the AVE Ranch was a blast and looking forward to doing the same at the MORE Races.
these are many of the reasons why I cant believe more people don;t come out and race these races not to mention the great pay outs for the UTVs. All it takes is a few to show up and more will follow and as like some one said don't expect this course to be graded haha its rough and perhaps maybe people are scared haha... Well I am looking at this series and what it has to offer I also know of a few other utvs that will be showing up and racing so lets make this class in More grow!

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
People race BITD because they want to compete against the best. Not because they follow the leader. There are many other great places to race but there is only one where you can see where you stack up against the best in the sport.
Totally get that but what I'm saying is why doesn't this series get more UTV turn out including the best ? And sponsor support as it really is a good deal and has a huge pay out and more affordable for most

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I would be interested in running some MORE races, but I had a hard time finding a schedule/info about the races....I think they would be good shake-down races and just a good time all around.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
im curious as to why no one is racing the MORE series in utvs as it has a huge payout and low entry fees and costs , I am thinking about racing the rest of the series.
People race BITD because they want to compete against the best. Not because they follow the leader. There are many other great places to race but there is only one where you can see where you stack up against the best in the sport.
MORE like Snore would be great affordable series for the UTV guys. The reason you will never see the top teams race in those series is because when you are sponsored/supported by a manufacturer, you will race where they want you too. Polaris sponsors BITD, Score & Mad Media's Mint 400. So that is where Polaris is going to want the dozen top teams they support. So if you want to race the best teams, your going to race where their sponsorship contract has them racing, which is BITD or Score. If you ever want a chance of getting a manufacture or some other big sponsor, your going to have to race where the top teams are. If Polaris sponsored MORE, then you would see the JaggedX, Cognito's, Barnett, UTVinc, Sims etc.. racing MORE.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
MORE like Snore would be great affordable series for the UTV guys. The reason you will never see the top teams race in those series is because when you are sponsored/supported by a manufacturer, you will race where they want you too. Polaris sponsors BITD, Score & Mad Media's Mint 400. So that is where Polaris is going to want the dozen top teams they support. So if you want to race the best teams, your going to race where their sponsorship contract has them racing, which is BITD or Score. If you ever want a chance of getting a manufacture or some other big sponsor, your going to have to race where the top teams are. If Polaris sponsored MORE, then you would see the JaggedX, Cognito's, Barnett, UTVinc, Sims etc.. racing MORE.
of course we all
Know this but it doesn't mean they can't still race this series and it doesn't mean many of the other competitors can't come out and race some of these races as a alternative or for testing or fun etc. I'm just suprised like the ones who only race a select few Bitd races a year and not all year don't come out to these races for a chance at the cash and a good affordable race series as well as a lot more features like pre running , chasing , can help during the race and not just pits as long as your 150' off the course etc

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
We are shooting for the SNORE Caliente race as we like that area over Barstow & Lucerne or are thinking Record Ensenada to SF if we can round up a crew for it and cars show: But MORE is a great series and we have solid support there so if there is no one to race at SNORE or Record, we may join you boys in Lucerne IF our stuff is ready in time... Now I just gotta go find a co-dog that has his own Dramamine?

Coco: You have told your guys they don't blade in MORE right :eek:... you have Dramamine right Joe:confused:
You know it will take some serious compensation to bring me out of retirement, my current corporate racing contract will only allow me to race in the Baja 1000 or in the Dakar so if you chose one of those I will consider it. A large supply of Dramamine will have to be part of the contract if I am to ride with you.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
What Joey said....when we started racing it was about racing against the best.The "Big teams" as folks keeps stating are already 7-11 races a year at score and bitd. I don't know about most but re-prepping a car in a couple of weeks is a huge undertaking. I would think that the guys not racing for a championship would take advantage of the smaller entry fees and race other series races. It would be a lot cheaper to shake down a car thats for sure.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
What Joey said....when we started racing it was about racing against the best.The "Big teams" as folks keeps stating are already 7-11 races a year at score and bitd. I don't know about most but re-prepping a car in a couple of weeks is a huge undertaking. I would think that the guys not racing for a championship would take advantage of the smaller entry fees and race other series races. It would be a lot cheaper to shake down a car thats for sure.
pretty much my point and the 6k fox purse is awesome but if you have time to sit at your desk and read the forums you got time to come race one or too haha jk Jim

Reactions: facteryfmf

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I chased a buddy in Class 10 at the last SNORE/More race...the Ridgecrest 300. There was only 3 or 4 UTV's but overall I was very impressed with the course, and the number of entries. Eg...in class 10 they had 20+. Very fun and laid back atmosphere, entry is very affordable, payback very good, and you didn't have to pay the tech guy an additional $30 and have him hose with your ECU. :) Personally I don't think it will reach the level of BITD, but I see no reason why there shouldn't be 25+ Utes showing up at every race.

Perkins1946

Dec 8, 2013
Bakersfield and Phoenix
I think that the racing UTV world don't know much about the MORE series, This is really the first year they have had a1900 class. I raced the first two races and had a blast, the course was challenging and I always had someone to race with, no UTV's but it was still fun, plus I won a thousand bucks for beating the 9 cars. As far as which series is best, who cares, let's just pre-run, have fun with our families and race hard the next day. MORE is all about family and racing, no hype, no media, no factory pressure, just hard competitive racing. Perkinsdirt is going to make every race, so come on out and let's see if we can become MORE's largest class.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000