Whos gonna take the BITD Henderson 160????

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
There were several a few months back but it appears they are all sold. Are there still others for sale?
We might be in the market to get more "competitive". haha
Yes , the Used cars went fast.

I always wondered why more teams didn't just go with tire balls and leave the heavy spare behind. How often do you break a wheel compared with a tire puncture ?

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
There were several a few months back but it appears they are all sold. Are there still others for sale?
We might be in the market to get more "competitive". haha
Rynomax-my car will be for sale soon, it would be a cheap way to get your feet wet.
Ive got one that is available, it is the current World Championship winning car that has a 2nd place Baja 500 finish, and many other BITD podiums. It will also come with a pretty good amount of spare parts.......

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Thanks, that is kind of what I was thinking. It's cheaper comparatively speaking to some of the other classes but definitely not something anybody can get started in without mucho dinero coming into it.

I hear you and I see what you are getting at. Your statement just got me thinking. I can go buy a 450 dirt bike, put $1500 in it and have bike that is capable to winning. Your average person can afford that.

Like ROTR said, (thanks for the info BTW) You are looking at a minimum of $40,000 to get into a decent race car. I could probably make that happen but divorce would certainly be imminent. lol After that I wouldn't be able to afford to go to any of the races. Money is speed......
$1500 in up grades to be #1 in pro motorcycle really. If your so good do that and bring sponsors with you to utv just like matlock did. I bet he put a little more then $1500 dollars in up grades to win in his little quad. Every form of racing is expensive. But really $1500 come on the gpr steering stabilizer is that much.

Reactions: facteryfmf

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
There's plenty of capable race winning cars for sale for 30k.
I would absolutely love to buy one and get started but there is no away I could afford the program that it requires to race BITD competitively.

I have looked at Brandons car multiple times and dreamed about taking a shot at it. I would probably have to get started in the Pure series and hope to earn a couple sponsors to help out with things.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
$1500 in up grades to be #1 in pro motorcycle really. If your so good do that and bring sponsors with you to utv just like matlock did. I bet he put a little more then $1500 dollars in up grades to win in his little quad. Every form of racing is expensive. But really $1500 come on the gpr steering stabilizer is that much.
$1500 might have been low for a desert setup but a stock 450 with the suspension dialed in for the rider (under $1500) can win all say long on a MX track with the right rider.

For the record, I never said that I was that rider. lol

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
You're*

facteryfmf is slacking.....

Reactions: facteryfmf

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
The only difference with Pure and BITD is really the entry fee. 400 vs 800. On a loop race. There are some safety difference. But the prep is the same and its really an over night event either way and you can camp at most BITD races so it really isnt that much difference.

Now on a stupid small loop race at Pure you would have 1 less truck needed for another pit area. Race lengths are nearly the same.

The easiest way to save money is build a good car and don't drive over your head. Your probably not going to be Johnny in your first year.

Reactions: Rynomx785

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Thanks for the input. In reality it really isn't feasible for me even though I wish it was.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just think that the 1900 class has gotten out of reach for majority of people. I grew up riding and racing MX and even that gets pricey with traveling. It is a fraction of the cost of running 1900 race team.

Guess what I am really saying is I am jealous of UTV Inc, Cognito, Sims, and a host of other teams.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
$1500 might have been low for a desert setup but a stock 450 with the suspension dialed in for the rider (under $1500) can win all say long on a MX track with the right rider.

For the record, I never said that I was that rider. lol
Put that same rider in BITD race he couldn't even fill his tank fast enough for $1500. But in this case you could race worcs series for about $1500 in your Polaris rzr in safety items. After first race your budget might have to go up but you could easily do it. If there is a will there is a way.Just saying.

#xpwarrior

Aug 24, 2015
Thanks for the input. In reality it really isn't feasible for me even though I wish it was.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just think that the 1900 class has gotten out of reach for majority of people. I grew up riding and racing MX and even that gets pricey with traveling. It is a fraction of the cost of running 1900 race team.

Guess what I am really saying is I am jealous of UTV Inc, Cognito, Sims, and a host of other teams.
Rynomx785, I really wanted to add a little something to you on the topic of getting into this sport. It is a super scary thing to shell out the cash. I will tell you that if you do it, and you take that green light...you will get hooked! I believe that right now is still the great time to get into the 1900/2900 class. Many teams are going to make moves to the new 900 or 2900 class, while those in the 1900 will be left in the class without many of the teams that people have worried about competing with based on pocket books.

I paid for my car on my military paycheck and it sucked. I did take my time and bought some big items cheap while some things the car has now came after this race and then the next. I did get some help from some of the industry aftermarket companies once they knew I was actually going to race and not just some guy on the phone. I guess what I am getting at is, please do not let a bunch of my fellow racers scare you (they aren't trying to) from joining us because of the fear of cost. I will say that if you like Pure or WORCS go enter those races. If you want to race BITD then make it a goal and never give it up. Just realize that where ever you race, if you worry about money it will crush your spirit when something breaks. I have friends that thought WORCS would be a great entry level series because of cost. Those guys have mangled cars and spent so much money chasing guys they called "big money teams" and "factory backed" just like is talked about in BITD. I haven't had a fellow UTV in BITD hit me so hard it damaged my car, and then again I also get out of Justin's way. (That was a joke...I always start behind him and I don't really think he hits everyone either)

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Put that same rider in BITD race he couldn't even fill his tank fast enough for $1500. But in this case you could race worcs series for about $1500 in your Polaris rzr in safety items. After first race your budget might have to go up but you could easily do it. If there is a will there is a way.Just saying.
Agreed and as bad as I would like to start racing, I just can't do it right now.

My point with the dirt bike was that I could make that happen monetarily speaking. Even after the initial purchase of the bike and parts to make it raceworthy, chasing a dirt bike is a lot more simple than chasing a UTV that has $40,000 worth of parts.

I think that there are more guys with the talent to drive a UTV at a top 5 race pace than there are guys that have the money to build a top 5 UTV.

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
"My point with the dirt bike was that I could make that happen monetarily speaking...I think that there are more guys with the talent to drive a UTV at a top 5 race pace than there are guys that have the money to build a top 5 UTV."
While most bemoan the cost of top 5 UTV entry racing (I believe) there is a little more to the talent side vs other single rider classes.
I can remember when I owned the first sport UTV to hit the market and started talking about the immediate added responsibility of this sport over any other (lightly built) one to come before it. Even then, most tended to ignore what having somebody aboard that you loved or why you should be driving like you love them (setting aside your own high or 'goals') entailed. Carnage quickly ensued as many years ago predicted it would with long seat/rack equipped atvs.

Just because you have the money to get to the finishing line ahead of everybody else doesn't somehow inoculate you from your co-pilot's family's trust in you to get their loved one home alive and in one piece. True, a lot of people could knock off the top 5 drivers in this class on any given day...yet they will have the exact same limitations put on them unless they are driving solo with not a care in the world for what potentially happens afterwards involving BOTH of their families.

It's never talked about but I believe somebody driving UTVs solo with a bare bones budget/"whatever happens/happens" attitude is a bigger threat to traditional podium winners (and quite possibly everybody else) than most might believe at first glance.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
While most bemoan the cost of top 5 UTV entry racing (I believe) there is a little more to the talent side vs other single rider classes.
I can remember when I owned the first sport UTV to hit the market and started talking about the immediate added responsibility of this sport over any other (lightly built) one to come before it. Even then, most tended to ignore what having somebody aboard that you loved or why you should be driving like you love them (setting aside your own high or 'goals') entailed. Carnage quickly ensued as many years ago predicted it would with long seat/rack equipped atvs.

Just because you have the money to get to the finishing line ahead of everybody else doesn't somehow inoculate you from your co-pilot's family's trust in you to get their loved one home alive and in one piece. True, a lot of people could knock off the top 5 drivers in this class on any given day...yet they will have the exact same limitations put on them unless they are driving solo with not a care in the world for what potentially happens afterwards involving BOTH of their families.

It's never talked about but I believe somebody driving UTVs solo with a bare bones budget/"whatever happens/happens" attitude is a bigger threat to traditional podium winners (and quite possibly everybody else) than most might believe at first glance.
UTVRA rules state you must have a co-driver.

acme

Jul 21, 2015
Aside from the rules which makes it a moot point:

Having likely raced more SS'rs than most on here.. I can tell you in certain situations I personally prefered a single seater at that time. In shorter loop races and areas like Parker, Barstow, certain parts of Baja or Lucerne where I knew the area, courses and/or had prerun extensively; I seemed to focus more in an SS and in retrospect liked not worrying about the other person, but I still drove as hard in 2 seat cars. Now that I'm older I like having a co-dog with me...

On longer events and or bigger/single loops I think the Co-dog and the extra eyes are more useful and having a hand with a tire change or issues is awesome. Now that GPS has become so engrained in the sport, a SS actually gives up something to a 2 seater as now you have the ability to use the tool as an advantage as opposed to a SS'r where GPS is just a reference to make sure you are on the course that you cannot fully utilize with one set of eyes.

Another advantage in the buggy classes with limited HP where you have a lot of single seaters like classes 16 12,10 & 9 was weight, and making them narrower and more streamlined. But with the UTV drivelines where they are in some models, it's not as feasible to balance a car with a center seat.

Most true drivers will not factor in the concerns for the co-drivers and will drive the same w/wo a passenger... Now if you want to level the field: Remove the GPS and race on the markers like we did on ATV's & bikes or just give a reference to course direction or limit zoom and you'll see who a good driver that can read terrain is vs a guy with just balls or a lack of common sense or people that race on daddy's & or sponsors money... IMHO it takes a lot more skill to race a car w/o GPS.

We raced the SF 250 this year and our GPS had a total hardware failure at RM 35 and we went old school off ribbons, arrows and sight and some knowledge of the area and we had a ball! Reminded me of the good old days...

Back on topic-sorry for the derail... I was hoping Harvey Mushman would win the Henderson 160

Reactions: Rynomx785

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
...my point (if it has to be explained further)..is that all drivers piloting supercharged lightly built golf carts have a significant race day equalizer built in to their every decision on the course...the life of the person next to them.
Motorcycles, atvs, even everything all the way up to trophy trucks (comparatively) built much heavier don't bear near the second to second responsibility that this new class of machine demands in this regard.

It's pretty bad (in my opinion) when you have to sit down a younger generation and explain the above to them..
Hush with your rules!!! let him ramble on. LOL!!!!
...without what is rarely (if ever) talked about being made light of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000