Whos gonna take the BITD Henderson 160????

#xpwarrior

Aug 24, 2015
Johnny... Congrats on the Championship. I just found out that you had a fire issue. I guess your friendship with Mark is now at a new level or is he rubbing off on you?
My condolences to the entire Cognito Team but congratulations on a second place in the chase for the crown. Who would have thought that you guys needed a second place finish or for more UTV's to have entered the race. There are so many scenarios that can come to play with a points race as close as it was.

I do not know if any of you saw my Instagram post, but the reason we (1965) were pulled just off the course at the end of the quarry is clearly visible in the video clip. We got the car fixed and back on course after a stressful and long repair. We did finish the full mileage of the race. As of just now the BITD site is showing that we edged out Jagged for spot 18. Though being proud of a 18th place finish is not all that glamorous, watch the clip...I didn't wreck the car, we got it fixed and fought a couple other problems that came up. I am extremely proud of the team. I love racing with you guys and even though the class is splitting next season I hope we all keep the competition, banter and camaraderie alive. I will post a race report very soon. See you all in Parker.

Long live Joe Schmo!!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Johnny... Congrats on the Championship. I just found out that you had a fire issue. I guess your friendship with Mark is now at a new level or is he rubbing off on you?
My condolences to the entire Cognito Team but congratulations on a second place in the chase for the crown. Who would have thought that you guys needed a second place finish or for more UTV's to have entered the race. There are so many scenarios that can come to play with a points race as close as it was.

I do not know if any of you saw my Instagram post, but the reason we (1965) were pulled just off the course at the end of the quarry is clearly visible in the video clip. We got the car fixed and back on course after a stressful and long repair. We did finish the full mileage of the race. As of just now the BITD site is showing that we edged out Jagged for spot 18. Though being proud of a 18th place finish is not all that glamorous, watch the clip...I didn't wreck the car, we got it fixed and fought a couple other problems that came up. I am extremely proud of the team. I love racing with you guys and even though the class is splitting next season I hope we all keep the competition, banter and camaraderie alive. I will post a race report very soon. See you all in Parker.

Long live Joe Schmo!!
We just needed the 2 entries that pre-registered to show up is all

One heck of a season for everybody. It's tough losing by 2 points but it shows we just need to be better the first 3 races of the season when more people show up and not at the last 3 where only half as many racers show up....

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com

Long live Joe Schmo!!
Link to facebook video clip?

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
Congrats to Johnny and the rest of the UTV Inc. crew. I had a good time driving the 1978 yesterday and we were very fortunate to pull off the win against such tough competition! Looking forward to 2016!

Reactions: JoeyD23 and Johnny

Big-Liv

Dec 7, 2015
Logandale, NV
It seems crazy that this class is so competitive that these guys danced back and forth for 200 miles and were only 30 seconds apart at the end of 3+ hours of racing. That means 1 flat puts you down around 8th place at best. There isn't any time for blown belts anymore. There isn't any room for error. I think it's absolutely awesome that the class is so tight and competitive.
You could not be more correct!! my Nephew Snake Livernash in the 1994 car led half of the race on corrected time, but a flat tire that we changed fast and a minor brush with one of the trucks sent him to 6th. We had a great time, for only his second race, we were pretty pumped up!

Reactions: JoeyD23

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Congrats to UTV Inc on the Championship. Solid season guys.

Question about this statement in the article though: There aren’t many other classes in off-road racing that could allow a total rookie to just show up and compete at this level. Its something very special about the UTV class, it truly is a class for anyone and everyone all at the same time.

I think that 10 years ago in a Rhino this may have been the case but this class is getting more and more expensive every year. I have a 4 seat 1000 but how much money would I have to put in it if I wanted to race BITD next year? Just a ballpark figure to make my car race-worthy and some what competitive.

Also, can someone post a link to the rulebook that outlines all the classes? I don't see anything on the BITD site?

Edit: found the rules....

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com

Question about this statement in the article though: There aren’t many other classes in off-road racing that could allow a total rookie to just show up and compete at this level. Its something very special about the UTV class, it truly is a class for anyone and everyone all at the same time.

I think that 10 years ago in a Rhino this may have been the case but this class is getting more and more expensive every year. I have a 4 seat 1000 but how much money would I have to put in it if I wanted to race BITD next year? Just a ballpark figure to make my car race-worthy and some what competitive.

Also, can someone post a link to the rulebook that outlines all the classes? I don't see anything on the BITD site?

UTVRA web site has the rules for next year. Start with about 30k and min of 3k per race that's the small side for sure.

Reactions: Rynomx785

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

I stand by my statement 100%. Johnny showed up last year and won the Baja 1000 in his first try. He then won the championship this year in his second year. S3 shows up in their rookie year and not only competes but wins 2 races including the Mint 400 and Henderson 250.

I never mentioned how much money it would take to run at that level.... but that wasn't the point of the statement.

Reactions: shane88

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
Rynomax785-the term "somewhat competitive" is the key word.
I am running a stock 2 seat XP 1000. No motor work or clutching, I have a UTV Inc cage that I bolted on and then welded to meet the safety rules along with the fuel cell and other safety rules. Stronger lower a-arms and rear links, upgraded Walker Evans shocks (no long travel) and I was 7 minutes off of the top ten, which was driver holding the car back not the car. We don't carry a spare and have tireballs in the tires as a flat is a minimum 7-8 minute down time. I feel we are "somewhat competitive". It cost me approx. $38k with car cost.

Attachments

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
UTVRA web site has the rules for next year. Start with about 30k and min of 3k per race that's the small side for sure.
Thanks, that is kind of what I was thinking. It's cheaper comparatively speaking to some of the other classes but definitely not something anybody can get started in without mucho dinero coming into it.
I stand by my statement 100%. Johnny showed up last year and won the Baja 1000 in his first try. He then won the championship this year in his second year. S3 shows up in their rookie year and not only competes but wins 2 races including the Mint 400 and Henderson 250.

I never mentioned how much money it would take to run at that level.... but that wasn't the point of the statement.
I hear you and I see what you are getting at. Your statement just got me thinking. I can go buy a 450 dirt bike, put $1500 in it and have bike that is capable to winning. Your average person can afford that.

Like ROTR said, (thanks for the info BTW) You are looking at a minimum of $40,000 to get into a decent race car. I could probably make that happen but divorce would certainly be imminent. lol After that I wouldn't be able to afford to go to any of the races. Money is speed......

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Thanks, that is kind of what I was thinking. It's cheaper comparatively speaking to some of the other classes but definitely not something anybody can get started in without mucho dinero coming into it.

I hear you and I see what you are getting at. Your statement just got me thinking. I can go buy a 450 dirt bike, put $1500 in it and have bike that is capable to winning. Your average person can afford that.

Like ROTR said, (thanks for the info BTW) You are looking at a minimum of $40,000 to get into a decent race car. I could probably make that happen but divorce would certainly be imminent. lol After that I wouldn't be able to afford to go to any of the races. Money is speed......
There's plenty of capable race winning cars for sale for 30k.

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
There were several a few months back but it appears they are all sold. Are there still others for sale?
We might be in the market to get more "competitive". haha
Rynomax-my car will be for sale soon, it would be a cheap way to get your feet wet.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000