Who's excited for Blue Water?

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Only 10 days until one of my favorite races. Its hard to beat racing in Parker. I was looking at the draw orders and a couple interesting things popped out at me.

First, the Murrays will be the first turbo off the line. I'm sure they will be racing their X3 in the Pro Turbo class now that its available to the public. I think there will be a lot of people waiting to see if they can stay out front with the new car. What will really make their race intense is that they are only 2 points behind in the points championship. Will they push to take the lead or will they play it safe as the most consistent team in UTV racing?

Speaking of the X3s. Jones is not in on the draw. Being out of the point chase, and with a busted car after V2R, did they decide to spare themselves the long drive from the south? If they weren't able to get the new car fixed, I would assume they still have their old car. If they aren't a late entry there will be a certain flair (and a film crew) missing from tech. S3 are some of the funnest guys to talk to. I bet they would show for sure if it was announce the Monster girls would be their in yoga pants!

Burnett is also within striking distance of the points championship. He is currently sitting 5 points down on Sims. With the lower entry numbers this late in the season he is going to have to put on a show to make it happen. Its checkers or wreckers time!

Looks like Scanlon is debuting his new car in the Unlimited class. We all know it will be a top level build and with Holz Racing being one of the few companies willing to take the risk of building a car outside the box, I'm sure there will be a few tricks on it besides the front steer conversion and the shocks on the lower A arms. From the pictures I have seen, it didn't look like there was anything that would keep it from racing in the Pro Turbo class. I believe there was a rule implemented that said if you could race in turbo or production class then you HAD too as opposed to the unlimited class. If I am correct, could we see the first Polaris race car with the 2017 Turbo tune?

Its been a long while since we have had some good smack talk and side bets leading up to a race here on the underground. Anyone feeling especially cocky or think they know what horse to bet on? Lets here some of those predictions!

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I am looking forward to a few things . Race # 3 for the Murrays in thier new car so I would think they have to be getting closer to having a sorted car. To me It will be much more interesting to see how they do at this race than the previous two.. Staggs says he has his YXZ set up finally to his liking. He placed well with a car half way there earlier in the year so im looking forward to seeing how his car stacks up to the Turbo cars. Im hoping LSR had enough time to put together their new Can Am. Thats one team that deserves some good luck going forward. And more than any race car im really looking forward to seeing SMGs fleet of chase vehicles. Im sure the pics ive seen do
them no justice. Hope everyone has a safe race.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Craig wanted to race Unlimited for no other reason then to stay out of the way of any points races in the Pro Turbo class. Not
To mention this is essentially a test race for the program. With that said, he is planning to run all-out. The new Holz build is certainly on the cutting edge.

I love the BWDC and can't wait to get out there

Reactions: motive

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
We know the RedLands car is is clearly the benchmark for out of the box, cutting edge thinking. And if Craig's new car is on this same cutting edge platform as Joey said, does this mean we might be seeing a new trend in full tilt custom built UTV race cars? Is this the begining of a new generation of what it's going to take to be competitive?

Thoughts anyone?

Goliath Motorsports

Nov 22, 2015
1967 Will be there in a heavy, slow, N/A car with 30" tires; a tired motor and a bumper that we never use. Scott isn't in the car as he is selling it after this race. The back up and the back up's back up driver are piloting so we are optimistic about driving blind in the dust as we are taking a rear start. That said I'm sure we will be in the top 5 N/A cars and maybe top 12.5 Overall, LoL. I think we were in the top 5 N/A cars the last time we raced in Laughlin.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Craig wanted to race Unlimited for no other reason then to stay out of the way of any points races in the Pro Turbo class. Not
To mention this is essentially a test race for the program. With that said, he is planning to run all-out. The new Holz build is certainly on the cutting edge.
Thats awfully kind of him.:cool: And not a bad plan entering a new car this late in the season. No one wants new car blues with 18 eager N/A cars and whatever turbos you draw a better spot than, right on your tail. I bet he still has better times than half the turbo class.

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
1967 Will be there in a heavy, slow, N/A car with 30" tires; a tired motor and a bumper that we never use. Scott isn't in the car as he is selling it after this race. The back up and the back up's back up driver are piloting so we are optimistic about driving blind in the dust as we are taking a rear start. That said I'm sure we will be in the top 5 N/A cars and maybe top 12.5 Overall, LoL. I think we were in the top 5 N/A cars the last time we raced in Laughlin.
LOL! not a good sales pitch for the car. have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000