who wins V2R

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
59th overall starting behind all the big cars. Nice work UTV Racers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I'm spent. 2:22am. Bed time. Huge thank you to Rusty for relaying all the images and info we could get him from the course! The UTVUnderground.com / Mad Media team killed it again on coverage. Sorry not more posted here. We were uploading as fast as we could to social when we had the service to do it. Props to everyone who competed and finished. Super fun race to chase!

Reactions: Bret901

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Attaboy Rusty, get er done! That's the UTVUG of old right there. At RM 300, the S-3 guys surely have the field covered. A full 20 minutes and 2 1/2 MPH faster than the 2nd and 3rd JX team.
Turbo? Now? Really Johnny, WTF were you thinking? In a double points race to boot. Ouch!
BURNETT UPDATE: Broke a front spindle and 2 rear axles (or cv's. not sure which) early on. At least 150 miles behind the leaders. As of 1 hour ago, still working on forward progress and plan on finishing the event. If I were a betting man (and I am!),. he wont see the checkers. He got pretty banged up during his backflipping fiasco at Dunefest, and was uncertain if he could even last the full race due to his injuries. He's a manly mofo, that's for sure. The brand switch has him chasing his tail. It may prove to be a season long chase, or more. It's amazing how high the bar has been raised in the 1900 class in this year alone. The level of competition and the equipment that they race with is fierce!
We won our first race out in our new car last year at silver state, just saying!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Johnny isn't doing to bad. Showing him 6 physically right now.
I got S3 in the lead, Scott Yancy second at 0mph and not at a pit. Schueler is a mile or 2 back. Murrays not much more then Scanlon.

I know there has been some drama out there from instagram. At least one incident with a truck but no damage. Cognito and Nygren's cars got tangled together for several minutes when Cognito tried a botched nerf. Cognito isn't tracking now so don't know what came of them.
Botched nerf? More like Nygrens rear bumper is more of an innie rather than an outie.

Bumpers need to stick past tires guys...

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
We won our first race out in our new car last year at silver state, just saying!

Yeah, but you're comparing apples to oranges. It was early in the season, you were running 7th in points going into the SS 300 (100 points behind the points leader Scheuler), and you were a chassis builder using racing to develop your product. You had nothing to lose and everything to gain.
But coming into the race mid-season with an unproven package "thrown" together in less than 2 weeks, and leading by only 11 points over the 2nd place team (that drew first start at this years event, and won the race last year I might add) was a massive risk, and took gnarly sized balls!
Hindsight says, "Johnny's the man", and he is. I've been praising him since he started racing in the 1900 class, and even more so now. I considered his team to be 2nd best, only behind JX, as the team most capable of persevering in any given event, for any given reason. Now, that ranking surely deserves a second look, for his is the complete package.
Making the transition from $80,000 UTV's to $400,000 Trophy Trucks after only his 2nd year in the sport could prove to be much easier, financially speaking, with a pro class championship under his belt. He risked that luxury this weekend. (I'm just sayin').
Congratulations to you and your team on your victory. You have been constantly working towards a package that is competitive and reliable. No team deserves the win more than yours.

Reactions: sand shark

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have always been a fan of the Cognito program. Justin and Justin run hard. As a photographer I am exposed to things others don't get to see. I seek out terrain that will upset the car. I watch almost every racer come through and Cognito is one of the 3 or 4 cars in the class that actually is really pushing it. Most are trying to survive. They lift...... Brake hard and tip toe through. #WARHAMMER = #WINHAMMER

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I have always been a fan of the Cognito program. Justin and Justin run hard. As a photographer I am exposed to things others don't get to see. I seek out terrain that will upset the car. I watch almost every racer come through and Cognito is one of the 3 or 4 cars in the class that actually is really pushing it. Most are trying to survive. They lift...... Brake hard and tip toe through. #WARHAMMER = #WINHAMMER

That's a good point Rusty and I'd agree they push hard and will do anything to win. I guess we wait for the official results to see if they did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000