who wins V2R

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I was surprised to see that of the 50 entries, more than 1/2 of them didn't make it 200 miles, and only 8 finished. Is that correct? That's an attrition rate of 84%!
Curious if it was mainly due to the course being more torn up than in the past and if so, how many teams would prefer to have started in front of the 4 wheel vehicles.
Down time in this class sure is costly, as the scant 63 minute spread between first and last place finishers suggests.
The teams' race reports should make for some interesting reading.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I thought the course was perfectly rough as hell as it should be. Didn't have to worry about trucks too much. Where it was rough cars w less horsepower had a more level playing field. When it's a straight fire road of course more hp wins every time. But with 4 wd utvs seem like should be on a rough course. I know a lot of teams like a smoother course. Being a bike racer for years I never liked fast over technical or rough. Yeah the deep silt was a bitch but their were plenty of alternate better lines in the scrub thru it.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I was surprised to see that of the 50 entries, more than 1/2 of them didn't make it 200 miles, and only 8 finished. Is that correct? That's an attrition rate of 84%!
Curious if it was mainly due to the course being more torn up than in the past and if so, how many teams would prefer to have started in front of the 4 wheel vehicles.
Down time in this class sure is costly, as the scant 63 minute spread between first and last place finishers suggests.
The teams' race reports should make for some interesting reading.
Many more than 8 finishers... RDZ just isn't updating

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
Watched this for most of the day off and on. Huge props to all the UTV guys and gals. Also, wanted to say THANK YOU to the UTV UNDERGROUND CHASE CREW....GREAT JOB for bringing this to us! Hope you get plenty of rest before hitting the road.

Reactions: JoeyD23

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I watched most of the day but the last 150 miles was cool to see play out. Even though its dots on a computer screen I could see it playing out in my head. I texted Justin in the afternoon to see what was up since they weren't tracking and he called me back about 6:30 and told me they were moving and were behind the Murrays. Getting updates from him and watching Jones loose a big lead and Jagged and the Murrays closing fast it was getting exciting. I saw Jones in pit 14 for a while and saw a post that they were having a transmission drain plug issue and where trying to fix it. They got going but Jagged and Murray were close and I wasn't sure where Cognito was. Then Murrays tracker quit updating and they were stuck in the same place going 59 mph with Jagged passing them and then Jones car stops. Justin called a little later and says the are first across the line but started ahead of Jagged and Murray and is a bit nervous. Jagged was still about 15 miles out so I knew they couldn't win but I still had no idea where the Murrays were. They needed to finish within something like 6 minutes but didn't make it. Overall a great race and nice to see Cognito get a win here after coming close before. Congrats to them and the other finishers as well.

Reactions: COGNITO

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Congratulations to cognito on the hard fought win. When I called it a botched nerf it was not blaming anyone. Shirt happens that can't always be explained. Cody does have some perfect side shots of his car on instagram and his bumper does seem very short but maybe just past his tires. For those that couldn't be at this race it's a scramble between multiple social media sites to find out the stories and drama as it unfolds. Technology has made it so those couch racing can witness more of the action but it's still not the same as being in the heat of the race as it unfolds. Are we going to be able to see the go pro footage?. :)

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Our front go pro got broke off in the incident, but I am trying to get footage from a mad media camera. Thx for the props

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CodyNygren

#1916 Lone Star Racing
Apr 25, 2013
Farmington, NM
Yes my rear bumper needs to slightly be extended but lets face the fact my rear bumper is not what was the issue nor what caused this. We were going down the power line road just before pit 4 at a speed of 60-70mph. At the time me and my codog were on point in watching out behind us as for the last 10-15 miles we had been playing leap frog with a TT that was having issues. On this road there was enough room for any car to get by if needed and for me to pull over when needed. I have never been a fan of staying or blocking other racers no matter what the case may be. There is nothing to gain by doing so except possibly risking damage that could possibly take you out of the race of harm yourself. With this being said the Cognito car did not follow us for 5 miles like they claim and if they did than they followed or dust trail not our bumper. Once they did catch us they did not give warning (siren) nor time to move. Instead the plowed through us and hit the siren as they contact was made. They hit us so hard that it lifted the rear end of my car throwing us sideways into a roll as we went sideways and up their "war hammer" got lodged between our shock and cage above the passenger rear wheel breaking off our shock reservoir. Luckily in this incident we did get stuck because if not were fixing to take one hell of a ride as 60-70mph to straight sideways never ends up good. To get us dislodged the cars had to be jacked up and lifted. So back to Cognitos other statement that my rear bumper caused this and that we made tire contact causing them the "climb our car" is not possible. If this would have happened and you "climbed our car" how would your front bumper get stuck up underneath my rear quarter panel cage by my shock mount ? It wasn't stuck under my roof!

I agree the rubbings racing and the nerfing is sometimes needed. But this is the 3rd time my car has had this same type of incident with Cognito, once last year on a dirt road again with no warning, 2nd time in Baja with Dan fisher driving, and now this. I am not the only team out here that has had this experience with them. Is it always Lambert, no but in the end its you car and your team. You run it and drive it as you want but I personally think its bullshit! Race with class and respect at the end of the day we are all out here trying to finish and get home safely to our families! This last incident very well could have made this not possible and sorry im not about to have some fucks driving like assholes trying to show off their "war hammer" risk harming my life! Its time you guys recognized that this is getting out of hand and is uncalled for. As always this is just my opinion.

I like racing and enjoy all of the people I have meet and look forward to attending every race but shit like this is what gives racing a bad name and hurts the sport!

Reactions: tim07

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Cody I nerfed you dead square in the middle. That's why our tires touched. You started to spin BC the tires touching. I'd never nerf anyone to the outside bc the possibility of spinning them out. Our tires touched and that's why it destroyed our steering rack.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Yes my rear bumper needs to slightly be extended but lets face the fact my rear bumper is not what was the issue nor what caused this. We were going down the power line road just before pit 4 at a speed of 60-70mph. At the time me and my codog were on point in watching out behind us as for the last 10-15 miles we had been playing leap frog with a TT that was having issues. On this road there was enough room for any car to get by if needed and for me to pull over when needed. I have never been a fan of staying or blocking other racers no matter what the case may be. There is nothing to gain by doing so except possibly risking damage that could possibly take you out of the race of harm yourself. With this being said the Cognito car did not follow us for 5 miles like they claim and if they did than they followed or dust trail not our bumper. Once they did catch us they did not give warning (siren) nor time to move. Instead the plowed through us and hit the siren as they contact was made. They hit us so hard that it lifted the rear end of my car throwing us sideways into a roll as we went sideways and up their "war hammer" got lodged between our shock and cage above the passenger rear wheel breaking off our shock reservoir. Luckily in this incident we did get stuck because if not were fixing to take one hell of a ride as 60-70mph to straight sideways never ends up good. To get us dislodged the cars had to be jacked up and lifted. So back to Cognitos other statement that my rear bumper caused this and that we made tire contact causing them the "climb our car" is not possible. If this would have happened and you "climbed our car" how would your front bumper get stuck up underneath my rear quarter panel cage by my shock mount ? It wasn't stuck under my roof!

I agree the rubbings racing and the nerfing is sometimes needed. But this is the 3rd time my car has had this same type of incident with Cognito, once last year on a dirt road again with no warning, 2nd time in Baja with Dan fisher driving, and now this. I am not the only team out here that has had this experience with them. Is it always Lambert, no but in the end its you car and your team. You run it and drive it as you want but I personally think its bullshit! Race with class and respect at the end of the day we are all out here trying to finish and get home safely to our families! This last incident very well could have made this not possible and sorry im not about to have some fucks driving like assholes trying to show off their "war hammer" risk harming my life! Its time you guys recognized that this is getting out of hand and is uncalled for. As always this is just my opinion.

I like racing and enjoy all of the people I have meet and look forward to attending every race but shit like this is what gives racing a bad name and hurts the sport!
We get bumped just like you do, my rear bumper has a fresh new gnarly dent in it from Sappington. The fast guys are in a hurry to get to the front, we are not only trying to finish, we want to win. Heck I had to nerf a 7200 truck, he didn't move over until then. I am trying to gather up go pro footage of your incident, I will review it. I understand you all think we are trying to use our bumper, it's not the case, believe it or not. We are not out for anyone. People need to realize that the slower car in front needs to move over, the faster car behind can't just jump over and pass, it is not safe. We can't see what is in front of you, plus we don't know if you are going to pull over on us like Brian Bush did on Paul Cooper at the mint, I am sure you saw the results of that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
"...this is the 3rd time my car has had this same type of incident with Cognito, once last year on a dirt road again with no warning, 2nd time in Baja with Dan fisher driving, and now this. I am not the only team out here that has had this experience with them. Is it always Lambert, no but in the end its you car and your team. You run it and drive it as you want but I personally think its bullshit! Race with class and respect at the end of the day we are all out here trying to finish and get home safely to our families! This last incident very well could have made this not possible and sorry im not about to have some fucks driving like assholes trying to show off their "war hammer" risk harming my life! Its time you guys recognized that this is getting out of hand and is uncalled for. As always this is just my opinion.
(2015 Baja 500/UTV Inc.) "...Around mile 25 we all got stopped behind a few racers that where getting stuck on a small hill section. We had to stop and wait in line for our turn to go up! Well, most of us waited in line… Cognito (#1918) figured they didn’t have to as they drove passed a bunch of us waiting in line. As they pulled up and realized we were not waiting for sandwiches and iced cold beverages they cut in front of Cory Sappington, who then proceeded to give the Cognito car a bump to push him forward a bit. I was sitting back and enjoying the show as a couple of pissed off locals tossed rocks at the Cognito car. As the hill cleared, the pile of cars was caused by Cognito passing everybody.."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000