Who wins desert challenge

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Only thing that came out of the discussion is the artic cat is coming with a 280hp turbo in late February and so it doesn't matter how Casey splits the classes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Actually what came out of it was they might split the class but they arent sure. They want to do "further research" However it sounds as if splitting the class may be a go.

Reactions: JoeyD23

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Actually what came out of it was they might split the class but they arent sure. They want to do "further research" However it sounds as if splitting the class may be a go.
That's not what I felt, but who knows.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Some really great racing this weekend for sure. The class just keeps getting better!
There were six turbo cars,(as far as I know) Three Can Ams and Three Polaris. 5 of them finished in the top ten.
The S3 car killed everyone on Saturday and was leading strong of Sunday. They Broke a Wheel and had apparently shed the spare to save weight? So really all six would have been top 10. Granted a 1st and third were
N/ A cars but both are known super fast modified cars.

Anyone who thinks the N/A cars are not at a disadvantage is clearly uninformed and potentially suffering from delusional tendencies.

At the Meeting BITD ( Cory & Casey) announced that they have decided not to decide yet. Apparently the "survey" is a almost dead even for split vs no split.

However Casey said that he has enlisted the help of a "professional" to help make the determination.

He did not indicate who this person is or what research results they are seeking, Or how it will matter.

Team Jagged had two flawless days and ended up 7th. Our Stock motor was challenged in the soft Parker conditions.

The season points are still close. While Cognito was pretty confident in an imminent Championship the math tells a different story.

As of now the points should look like this WITH CURRENT THROW OUT RACE

Angal 637
lambert 629
Schueler 606
Sims 602
Murray 599
Fisher 595
Sappington 585

WITHOUT TROW OUT

Angal 738
Lambert 729
Schueler 703
Sims 701
Murray 695
Fisher 646
Sappington 645

Pretty exciting!!

See everyone at Henderson

Last edited:

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Some really great racing this weekend for sure. The class just keeps getting better!
There were six turbo cars,(as far as I know) Three Can Ams and Three Polaris. 5 of them finished in the top ten.
The S3 car killed everyone on Saturday and was leading strong of Sunday. They Broke a Wheel and had apparently shed the spare to save weight? So really all six would have been top 10. Granted a 1st and third were

Anyone who thinks the N/A cars are not at a disadvantage is an idiot.

At the Meeting BITD ( Cory & Casey) announced that they have decided not to decide yet. Apparently the "survey" is a almost dead even for split vs no split.

However Casey said that he has enlisted the help of a "professional" to help make the determination.

He did not indicate who this person is or what research results they are seeking, Or how it will matter.

Team Jagged had two flawless days and ended up 7th. Our Stock motor was challenged in the soft Parker conditions.

The season points are still close. While Cognito was pretty confident in an imminent Championship the math tells a different story.

Angal 637
lambert 629
Schueler 606
Sims 602
Murray 599
Fisher 595
Sappington 585

WITHOUT TROW OUT

Angal 738
Lambert 729
Schueler 703
Sims 701
Murray 695
Fisher 646
Sappington 645

Pretty exciting!!

dangit i didnt think about the BWDC being such low points because the turnout was only i think 25 cars. That helped Johnny in the points for sure since now his drop is BWDC instead of UTVWC.

That means we have our work cut out for us at Henderson!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
JXBS, I don't remember any 'idiot' saying that NA cars were not at a disadvantage. I do remember many people saying they would rather not increase the number of UTV classes. Turbos apparently are here to stay and once people get them sorted out and/or the top teams/drivers run them, then they will start to win on a consistent basis. It really is no different than when it was Rhino vs RZR, or RZR 800 vs 900, or 900 vs 1000. Only once did they split the class when they created the 850 class which was a flop and only lasted one season. I still think two classes, Pro UTV and Sportsman is the best solution.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
JXBS, I don't remember any 'idiot' saying that NA cars were not at a disadvantage. I do remember many people saying they would rather not increase the number of UTV classes. Turbos apparently are here to stay and once people get them sorted out and/or the top teams/drivers run them, then they will start to win on a consistent basis. It really is no different than when it was Rhino vs RZR, or RZR 800 vs 900, or 900 vs 1000. Only once did they split the class when they created the 850 class which was a flop and only lasted one season. I still think two classes, Pro UTV and Sportsman is the best solution.
I'd rather see an additional class thats a flop in a year or 2 than to tell 30+ teams step up or step out. I would say in 2017 that 80% of your class will have gone turbo. In talking to racers @ SSSS and ORE we have already lost a half dozen teams over Corys Antics and rule changes.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
I'd rather see an additional class thats a flop in a year or 2 than to tell 30+ teams step up or step out. I would say in 2017 that 80% of your class will have gone turbo. In talking to racers @ SSSS and ORE we have already lost a half dozen teams over Corys Antics and rule changes.

The ironic part of this is that if they choose to run the 2 classes together you will say loose the half that lost the vote. But if you split the class you will have everyone show up. No turbo guy would ever decide not race with the turbos and NA cars in one class. But you will have plenty of guys who say they don't wanna race turbo cars and not show up. So in reality there really is only one decision that will continue to bring the big numbers. The only reason the turbo guys could care about the class is the pay out will me much less. But either way your pay our will be cut.

I don't see who there is even need for professional opinions. DO you want more cars next year then last or do you want less. Its obvious what the results will be when they make a decision.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
The ironic part of this is that if they choose to run the 2 classes together you will say loose the half that lost the vote. But if you split the class you will have everyone show up. No turbo guy would ever decide not race with the turbos and NA cars in one class. But you will have plenty of guys who say they don't wanna race turbo cars and not show up. So in reality there really is only one decision that will continue to bring the big numbers. The only reason the turbo guys could care about the class is the pay out will me much less. But either way your pay our will be cut.

I don't see who there is even need for professional opinions. DO you want more cars next year then last or do you want less. Its obvious what the results will be when they make a decision.[/QUOT

Spot on!

Reactions: Ignore Amos

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013

Anyone who thinks the N/A cars are not at a disadvantage is an idiot.

Angal 637
lambert 629
Schueler 606
Sims 602
Murray 599
Fisher 595
Sappington 585

WITHOUT TROW OUT

Angal 738
Lambert 729
Schueler 703
Sims 701
Murray 695
Fisher 646
Sappington 645

Pretty exciting!!

I 100 % agree that turbos and na have no business in the same class , I haven't posted on this matter because of a life changing moment has taken me out for the rest of the season and at one point thought it wouldn't matter what I thought because I have missed the last couple races .(Tony Larabell 1963),but I most definitely plan on returning as soon as a few things get worked out .Now, my 900 is definitely out dated and a new car is in the plans,So in all fairness if they thought turbos and na were equal or fair to compete against each other, What would a person want to build? I personally think anyone would be an idiot not to step up with the newest and fastest car, these things aren't cheap to keep up with the latest and greatest .Especially because some are getting free cars(and I don't blame them for it as I would love to have that option too)but new times are making it next to impossible for the average joe to stay competitive in this class .I think this class has gotten to where it is because of dreams and somewhat affordability and now has graduated into who has the dollars to be better then the rest,with the newest technology that a lot of the class cant afford to keep up with. Being as it seems the votes are pretty close , I will throw in my vote as NO, they don't belong together just mu .02 cents,lol........ and a big congrats to cognito on there 1st place finish,that was awesome.

Reactions: facteryfmf

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
maybe case in point ,I am still 29 in points this season,with I believe a total of 62 pro members and i haven't raced the last 3 races,lol..

Last edited:

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Actuall theyre were several "idiots" that suggested NA cars could be competitive with turbos so just another way of saying their not at a disadvantage. That's the fundamental justification for the argument to combine the classes.....the claim is they CAN compete together and only wishful thinking or a retard believes that's the case in the bigger picture not a race or two in the debugging stage.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I'll take my driver and our NA car against any turbo driver. Any day. Only problem we had was we started 21st Saturday and S3 got clean air early both days.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000