who runs a horn/siren for fireroads

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Curious who runs either a horn or siren for blind corners on fireroads. Thinking of grabbing one but not sure if it will do any good at high speed.

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
Curious who runs either a horn or siren for blind corners on fireroads. Thinking of grabbing one but not sure if it will do any good at high speed.
I think it would be a waste. at 60mph you will out run the siren no matter how loud it is. Add to the fact if your doing 45mph and someone else is doing the same the opposite direction they will see you at the las second well before they hear the siren. Now if they are stopped or putting along it might help but I wouldn't count on it.

PickupTrucker

Dec 20, 2013
Duvall, Washington
I was just dirt biking high speed fire roads yesterday, I might be worth a try even an extra split second can mean pulling off to the side just enough to avoid collision.

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
It's a crap shoot anytime your are on high speed fire roads and you are running high speed. I doubt a siren will help so just hug your right side line and hope the opposing vehicle does the same!

TLAM

Oct 9, 2011
Agree with all of the above; however, i just ordered one. It is extremely irritating when you pull up on the guy with no mirrors or idea that they are not the only one on the planet..

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Where are these "high speed" fire roads? Never heard of such a thing, especially in California lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000