Who is R.Acer?? Off-Road Superhero?

Whattha

Apr 21, 2014
I've been reading all the fuss over on RDC. I think dude should be commended for his work. If he wants to wear a helmet and suit so what. Dude is doing great things. I applaud his motives and people should follow suit. Nothing at all wrong with making the world a better place to live.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Great write-up Joey. At the end of the day if he is really doing all this stuff for kids and the people of Mexico I don't care how he is doing it.
If Baja was like Nascar the only people racing would be trophy truck guys. The everyday guy wouldn't be able to go down and enjoy Baja the way he can now. I personally don't think it is going to go mainstream and don't want it to.
I like his message and I'm curious to see what's next.

Whattha

Apr 21, 2014
Who watches NASCAR or F1 racing anymore anyways? Why does this keep getting compared to those race venues? It makes me sick that someone trying to do something good for people is being over shadowed by the fact he wears his race helmet and suit. Humans in nature are scared of anything out of the norm. I'm not anyone special nor do I have piles of money, but I tell you what, I fully support this guy and everything R.Acer stand for. God speed sir and thank you!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I believe it's much easier for the kids to remember his masked image rather than remember a face. It's so much more exciting for the kids to grt to talk about him in the mask. Let the guy do whatever he wants if he is going to help grow our sport and help children. It shouldn't matter what he looks like to an adult.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Here's my take. Off road racing is mere plip on the national radar. Unless your part of the off road culture we are unkown. As Robby Gordon says Off road racing is the best kept secret. Part of this reason is racers are takers. Very few give back. Heck we can't even get a few Stars of the Sport to show to BLM meetings or write letters.

So with considering what I have said we can not compare our desert racing to the other professional Motorsports. In our sport we are called Pro classes, but there is nothing Pro about it. Any one with some disposable income can be a pro and enter any class that there is. Helen Keller could race a TT (if alive) if she had the entry fee $. We don't have any licensing, drug testing or real structure like Usac, NASCAR the IRL.

So now that I have shot down some egos and made you realize that even the TT class is really just another amateur class with wealthy people speding there own money. Why is it some extremely welthly guy who chooses to protect his identity is such a bad thing? His helmet is not hurting or making light of our sport. Our sport did that before R Acer showed up.

Until you are in his shoes you don't know what his life is like. Maybe he has done this very charitable thing before and later was extorted for money, gets flooded with people begging him to give them money? Who knows? He could be a Lotto winner? I can see so many reasons to stay annanomiss. After he takes the helmet off he becomes just like you and me and is free to walk the streets like the average joe.

When Jeesie James was racing on TT. The first year I was asked to help them at Laughlin. Both him and Sandra Bulluck could not go anywhere without people bothering them. I could only imagine how paranoid a guy like R Acer would be in Baja if people knew who he was and his wealth or where the money is coming from.

Also like mentioned he is doing such great things for the children in Baja and in several other places in the world. I thought I read what he is doing in Baja he is or has done in other countries. So he wants to play a super hero and give people hope that there is something good out there and something to believe & look up to. If this guy was just like you and me but wealthy and was giving $500k to the schools and orphanages would his impact be the same? I say no! His character is part of the gift. As he said the mistery gives hope and kids love a super hero.

I say we need more R Acers in our sport. Trust me more people in this sport take vs give, which is a huge problem. You ever wonder why you hear or read about a pissed off rancher in Baja? Yeah we are not always seen as positive in Baja. The government likes it, but the private land owner just trying to make it threw the year might not appreciate what we do to his land, gates and farms. Plus many don't get the compensation they are promised. If you were in his shoes would you want some "rich in his eyes" American racers tearing up his property or country?

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I think it's awesome! I hope he really is rallying for offroad and helping kids! Who gives a rats ass who he is. I'm sure it will come out eventually but until then he is doing good things!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
you would think joey/race dezert/ would be all over this. If he is giving that much to charity/schools/kids how much would he give for coverage to bring it to the masses. just saying. every sport needs a villan and hero. run with it

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I honestly didnt even pay attention to the guy until this last race....I generally Avoid RDC.com like the plague as most those guys are just d!cks. But after this race I was over there reading about the sticker Bomb ordeal and became intrigued.

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
R.Acer has my support. I like what he is doing to help people and using his own money to do so. Though it may not add any additional "professionalism" to this sport, it does bring attention to it. Perhaps it is what this sport needs. Nascar doesn't need this because they have millions of fans who watch races from comfortable seats. This sport doesn't have comfortable seating nor can you see the whole race from one place. Long distance off road racing is not a spectator sport. It is a participant sport so of course it wont get the attention that Nascar gets because there are not millions of fans talking about it.
And though R.Acer does reek somewhat of professional wrestling, you cant ignore the success of a sport nobody takes seriously. Not saying off road racing go the same route, but the attention (silly as it may look) R.Acer is bringing in can only help the sport if you don't take yourselves to seriously.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
R.Acer has my support. I like what he is doing to help people and using his own money to do so. Though it may not add any additional "professionalism" to this sport, it does bring attention to it. Perhaps it is what this sport needs. Nascar doesn't need this because they have millions of fans who watch races from comfortable seats. This sport doesn't have comfortable seating nor can you see the whole race from one place. Long distance off road racing is not a spectator sport. It is a participant sport so of course it wont get the attention that Nascar gets because there are not millions of fans talking about it.
And though R.Acer does reek somewhat of professional wrestling, you cant ignore the success of a sport nobody takes seriously. Not saying off road racing go the same route, but the attention (silly as it may look) R.Acer is bringing in can only help the sport if you don't take yourselves to seriously.
isn't masked wrestling very popular in mexico? mabe that's why the attention is very popular there.the kids seem to love it so all is good. the smiles say it all. if he helps change just one kids life for the better ,it would all be worth it

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Nice write up Joey.
Not sure I understand the facination of whats under the helmet. Many of us do business all over the world with people we have never seen. We have elected "leaders" we could not pick out of a line up. So our sport has someone doing good things, and is using some mystery to get it done. If it were Joe Q Public would he be as succesful? And there would be those wanting to dig into his past to throw poo. Our society tends to celebrate bad deeds, lets show the world that off road racers support those who do positive things.

Last edited:

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
We pitted next to him team last weekend, great group of guys and very helpful and patience with all the kids coming up asking for stuff. I'm a fan!

transcribed by carrier pigeon for tapatalk

calstyl2

Hammer Rescue Pilot
Dec 22, 2011
Cherry Valley, CA
I like what he brings to offroad racing, Im sure we will all be let down when we find out who he is, but he has Mexicos support, appears he has brought Chevy into the game as a sponsor. Everything he is doing is positive. Compared to some of the douches in the sport I think its a good thing.
Some of the top tier teams like the TSCO, Vildolsola, Mac and McMillins are all taking it to another level.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Has Rodger Norman been racing since he took over Score? Maybe R.Acer is his new identity.... Lol!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000