Who has the sickest lifted truck in the underground???

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Not even close to most of the trucks in the underground but It fit the budget and Ive never had to make a payment on it.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
I love the Van!!!

Here is my daily driver, not the "sickest", but its paid for and gets me from point "A" to point "B" (5.7 Hemi, Tuner, Intake, 3" lift, 35's...ARB front locker next along with 4.56 gears)

Here is a little "urban crawin'" gone wrong, maybe too much Pepsi :eek: Actually, he flopped it on purpose...all in good fun!

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
Not near as cool as some of the prerunners but this is how i role over on the east coast. The suburban was my daily driver but now is in the shop awaiting the ax. The 2500HD is now my daily driver. The suburban was going to be on full custom 4 link and coils with 54 inch tires with hydro steer. But that is kind of useless other than to look at so i am thinking maybe going prerunner just can't figure out the rear fenders. Any Ideas? It would not fit in over here but I really don't care and kind of like it that way. Anyway enough babble.

Last edited:

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
I might as well join in on this.

Here's a dirty pic from last weekend.

My old truck with 40" swampers and a custom 4 Link front end by 151 FAB.

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
that is one hell of a load in that 1st pic stetler. may need some bags to help out a bit. funny i used to have a dodge just like that but only on 38s. it was two dodges in one for me, first and last. mine was the old 12 valve cummins and when i parted with her the only thing still in good shape was the engine. lol.

STETLER

Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
My dodge started off as a 6" lift with a 3" body lift then we added 3" coil spacers off a different kit and fabricated up new 4 link arms instead of the 3 link that the kit came with. Added new dual steering stabilizers but that still didn't help. That truck was all over the place with those crappy Super Swamper tires. It was a fun truck at one point but towards the end it was nothing but problems.

That is next on my list of stuff to do....Air Bags. Surprisingly it actually still drives straight even though the ass is on the ground like that.

andyallday

Oct 20, 2009
Well I know Im probly gonna get some shit for this but here is my truck. Its an 88 toyota with 4x4 sheetmetal, 3/4 custom body dropless frame and three linked air bagged suspension. Its getting painted this summer.

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
My dodge started off as a 6" lift with a 3" body lift then we added 3" coil spacers off a different kit and fabricated up new 4 link arms instead of the 3 link that the kit came with. Added new dual steering stabilizers but that still didn't help. That truck was all over the place with those crappy Super Swamper tires. It was a fun truck at one point but towards the end it was nothing but problems.

That is next on my list of stuff to do....Air Bags. Surprisingly it actually still drives straight even though the ass is on the ground like that.
I think i had a 6 inch lift on my dodge also . it was 3/4 ton so thats all it needed for the 38 inch tires to fit. we redone the kit like 3 or 4 times to get it right and still ate the tires off and drove like shit. we could either get it to drive great witht the drive line angle terrible or vice versa. really needed to cut the hub carriers off and turn them.

on the air ride. i would just fab up a 4 link and go full air ride. i had that on the burban and it road and drove like a champ. i found some bags with internal bumps so the install was so easy. not much harder than just adding air to leafs and much better ride control and with your fab skills it would be super easy. also it would tow anything. i want to air ride the back of my truck but i am hoping to trade up to a dually if this economy will ever get back in line so we will see.

loco

Loco Time - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
Placerville, CA
Nothing flashy.

2004.5 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 2500HD Carbon Metallic LLY with matching escalade handles. 6" RCD lift, 315/75/16 Toyo Mt's on 16x8 eagle 102's. Edge Juice and Pillar Mounted Attitude. Predator 2.2 for codes, tire size and to turn the egr off. 4" magnaflow from turbo out and boost stick with blocker plate.

Attachments

STETLER

Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Here you go Lance,

I purchased the Bully dog rack that holds quads, loaded from the side or from the back back in March 08. Bullydog ATV was the only company that would customize there truck racks for the customer. I needed my rack to fit my custom Long Travel Rhino that is +8" wide and +6" longer then a stock rhino. They also welded in a Winch mounting plate for my own Warn winch that I already had.
This rack comes already powder coated but he will ship it to you in a raw finish for less money. It was only something like $200.00 less in a raw finish. I could not get it painted for that much so I went with there P.C.
Also the rack comes with ramps for the same price. I have never seen ramps this nice and compact with the weight rating like this before.

My empty rack weighs around 400Lbs so I was told. I loaded it on with a forklift but 2 guys could of done it with out a forklift. The real nice thing about this rack is that it never touches your bed rails or any of your bed sides. It has a box frame design that allows it to distribute the weight over the entire inside of your bed.

They did come out with the model made just for sideXsides like you see in the first post (no center floor and it cost around $400. less). I wanted the full floor so we had a place to stand on while watching the drags, also it gives me the option of loading quads and also I can lock up all my ice chest/gear/bags/gas cans/ect. underneith it with the use of a tailgate handle lock.

As for driving with it on...I have a 12" lift and 38" tires and I fill no differance with it on there loaded then I did with the rhino in the bed. I'm sure there is a differance but I really can't tell. It's kind of like the other guy said...a bed camper weight 3 to 4 times this amount.
Yes you do have to watch the height clearance. I'm 12' 4" to the top of my old rhino cage.
Even with my custom built rack my tires and OEM towing side mirrors still still stick out further then the rack. So I have never had to worry about it hitting a tree or something.

Here's some pics I just took of it sitting in my driveway.
Hope this helps you guys out.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
here is a video i put together from a weekend ago..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoqAqPwqxq0]YouTube - Dub in Glamis.wmv[/ame]

It did pretty well for its maiden voyage, with untuned shocks..

G-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000