Whiplash Snowflake race pics

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Robert VanBeekum top speed 116mph in his SR1

great time in the cool country. The wife, little one and myself along with Bob(Azamsoil) helped out Brian and Greg in their pit. The race course was 5 laps of a 28 mile loop. 28 cars started and from our count and watching 5 cars per lap did not come by again. Bobby was ripping around the course somewhere around a 33 minute lap. Brian and Greg did great with no issues and were running around a 36 minute lap. Lots of broken cars. Congrats to the guys who finished. I think Bobby got 1st and Brian/Greg got 2nd in sport mod. not sure of the rest.

here are the pics of the 28 cars comming trough our pit area.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Thanks for the pics Mike. This is always one hell of a race. Starting off behind Brian B & Hans(Driving the Original Nessy) I knew I would have a tuff time getting out in front. Once they left the line & I moved up to start & my clutch cable broke in half. So once they gave me the green flag I just stated the car in First gear with the pedal to the floor after a few feet it fired & away I went. I caught up to the two within a couple of mile but the dust they were making made it almost imposable to see. At times 0 visibilities. So I waited for the flats to pass the two. After that it was open track for me until lap two when I started hitting lap traffic. Well my goal here was to do over 100mph in a race in a UTV & succeeded @ 117mph Per my phones GPS top speed. I must give credit to my perfectly set up XMF/Walker evens suspension without that I would have pulled the throttle back before reaching that speed. Whiplash still has two more years on the BLM permit for snowflake so I hope to see more UTV’s there next year. Also want to add Great job to all the racers & especially for my wife for taking a four place out of 8 in the sport mod class in her second race ever.

Last edited:

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
great time for sure! Bobby was super fast and Brian/Greg made for easy pits (fuel and a drink for them). Always great to hang w/you Mike! Congrats to Bobby and Brian...tough day for Hans and Branden, but after race beers are always fun. Hans - did that tire bead EVER get seeded? That guys was crazy!

This is always a great race, can't wait till next year

howyadoin

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
Great time, I took quite a few pics from the starting line. I wasn't in the car, but I know Bill had a blast in that bone stock 2011 RZR!:D I'll post up the pics when I get them downloaded...just got back to Phoenix a couple hours ago. That red "SR1"??? (sorry didn't look closely before the race) was definately "haulin' the mail"!!!:D

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
For sure a fun race! Congrats to all the finishers. 140 miles is a lot of ground to cover! We gotta make some changes to Brian's fuel cell, as it would start sucking air in the corners after 1 and a half laps, so we had to pit after every lap to make sure we wouldn't stall the car out on the course. Brian did a great job driving, and Megadesert and Az_amsoil were flawless with fuel and water! Thanks for the help guys!! I will have to bring out the SR1 next year. There were a lot of spots where you could really take advantage of the higher speeds those cars are capable of as Bobby showed us all. I even heard he had the highest top speed out of all entries, but not sure if that is legit.

Thanks for the pics Mike!

G-

Dude

Apr 14, 2010
Hi!

I raced the Riot # 205. My son and I had a blast. If I held anybody up in the dust, sorry about that. It was hard to see anything in front of me let alone anything behind me. If anybody got a copy of the lap times would you post it for me?

Thanks,

Dude :)

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
For sure a fun race! Congrats to all the finishers. 140 miles is a lot of ground to cover! We gotta make some changes to Brian's fuel cell, as it would start sucking air in the corners after 1 and a half laps, so we had to pit after every lap to make sure we wouldn't stall the car out on the course. Brian did a great job driving, and Megadesert and Az_amsoil were flawless with fuel and water! Thanks for the help guys!! I will have to bring out the SR1 next year. There were a lot of spots where you could really take advantage of the higher speeds those cars are capable of as Bobby showed us all. I even heard he had the highest top speed out of all entries, but not sure if that is legit.

G-

any time Greg. i like helping out it saves me money from breaking my car.

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
good job guys!!! Dang.... 117 mph!!! awesome... and congrats to Bobbys wife.... get em girly!!!

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
Just wanna give a thank you to the Vanbeekum family. I probably wouldn't make it out to as many races as I do without them. They have given me the opportunity to go to all the loors races this year and snowflake is still the best race. Its always a great time in their pit even if its 11 at night swapping motors or busting our ass five minutes before the race to make sure the car is perfect. THANK YOU Bobby and Meredith!

117 is insane!!! I did miss not having Dan Kelly out racing. I know he would have been hanging out around that speed.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thats awesome that you got in the car Danny. I can tell you that everytime I talk to Bobby he always says that you guys are one of the reasons he is out there competing. You guys are always there to support the racers and thats huge!!! Plus your fun to party with! hahahah Great work!! See you guys in Surprise!

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Just wanna give a thank you to the Vanbeekum family. I probably wouldn't make it out to as many races as I do without them. They have given me the opportunity to go to all the loors races this year and snowflake is still the best race. Its always a great time in their pit even if its 11 at night swapping motors or busting our ass five minutes before the race to make sure the car is perfect. THANK YOU Bobby and Meredith!

117 is insane!!! I did miss not having Dan Kelly out racing. I know he would have been hanging out around that speed.
Thank you Danny. Meredith and I apprecaite everything you do to help us. Even if you do go to Las Vegas, we will figure out a way to get you to the races. Without you, Shane, Jimmy, Scott, Tom, Rob, Court, and many others we would not have a race team. You guys help me to be successful. Meredith and I also want to thank you again for being her co-driver at Snowflake, she said you were awesome and can ride with her again if you are brave enough. :D

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009

G-
No worries Greg, I very much enjoy being part of the team! You guys make it easy, fuel + water! Now your SR1 might be another story LOL!

I heard the Jeepspeed guys sayin they were faster lap times than the UTV's...we had Bobby at 33 minutes and Brian/Greg @ 37 minutes. Any one have the official times?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000