Whiplash @ Prescott Valley

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Sunday only for me......

Will there be a practice session on Sunday? Time?

What time do you think UTV's will run on Sunday?

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I talked to Brandon earlier today and there is no schedule for sunday up yet.According to whiplash website tech and registration closes at 7;30 am for all adult desert classes.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
As far as true UTVs there were 4 I believe. Brandons SR1 rhino, two more regular rhinos and a RZR. Then there were 3 or 4 china type things, 3 pilots and a......well.....i'm not sure what to call it. Its a little thing with a 600cc streetbike motor, full a-arm suspension and a trophy kart body. Its fast, light, low and the suspension is set up very well.

I didnt get crapfor pictures, but i put anin car camera in Brandons SR1 for the first race. Unfortunatly the $300 sports action cam is an absolute POS. So no video either.

Race 1 started with a land rush everybody go start. Brandon stalled his new SR1 on the line...twice. By the end of the first 1.5 mile lap Bob in the trophy kart thingy was in front, Brandon in the SR1 second, three pilots three thru five and then Josh with his newly built 720 rhino.

The order stayed the same for the front 5 till lap 5 of 7 when bob stalled for some reason giving brandon the lead. Bob got going again but wasnt going to catch brandon. It took brandon a few laps to get the hang of the SR1 (he just finished it thenight beforeand had zero seat time in it). He really was hanging it out in the corners after that. Unfortunatly brandon had a rear hub pull off the CV. The bolts in the midboard setup were too short and the hub just pulled of ending his chance for the win.

So in the end Bob won in the trophy kart body thing, thre pilots next, then a rhino.

I didnt stay for the second round but Brandon caled me and said they got him back togetherand he won it. :D

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
The track seemed pretty flat and kind of boring. Apparently it was very un safe in its original form, with supercross faced jumps with no landings and deep square edge ruts cut across long fast straights. They only had 36 hours to rework the 1.5 mile loop before tha race, and considering all the rain we have had and how muddy it is everywhere around here I guess it wasn't too bad. Great spectator venue as the track is built in the in field of the Prescott fairgrounds horse track. The stands are awsome and you can see everything.

RZRS EDGE RACING

Sharp As A RZR - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
Court thanks for the update. Is it me or are fewer and fewer doing the whiplash race ? Congrats to the UTV's who raced. We are going to try to get to the Snowflake race this year with the S.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
I think your correct. There are so many series now and with LOORS starting up the guys like Bobby, Dan and the wellers wont show up for whiplash. That and the class rules suck. I'm not interested in racing against pilots and whatever that 600cc trophy kart body thing is. Worcs has the best class breakdowns in my opinion.

Everyone will be at snowflake though. I might do Page, i liked that one.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Well, Brandon Simms won todays desert series race. apparently the trophy kart body thing actually started life as a trophy kart elite, got a rhino long travel kit and a CBR1000 motor. they were battaling hard when halfway thru the race the trophy kart ended up on its roof. It was all brandon from then on.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I think your correct. There are so many series now and with LOORS starting up the guys like Bobby, Dan and the wellers wont show up for whiplash. That and the class rules suck. I'm not interested in racing against pilots and whatever that 600cc trophy kart body thing is. Worcs has the best class breakdowns in my opinion.

Everyone will be at snowflake though. I might do Page, i liked that one.
I dont really think that the pilots should be in our class but if they didnt show there wouldnt be anyone in pro mod.There was a bunch of sport mod cars today.Maybe around 6-8

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
The two SR1's were great today. It was a real race until the suspension on the trophy-lite, cart, thingy just hit its limits. Brandon looked very comfortable out there. Hans (DFR Teryx) did a great job in the non-SR1.

I was helping Brian in his Rotax Rhino. They classed him with the two SR1s...what a joke! Those two were GONE from the start and Brandon ended up laping Hans (who was running in second at the time). Brian was coming on when a failure ended his day :(

Now for Whiplash, someone PLEASE explain why you need to tech at 7:30AM when you don't race until 3PM??? Until they can keep peeps from waiting around for hours on end, with no posted schedule, people are going to be turned off...I also think all the other series are pulling racers away. This weekend was also the SF250 and some of the higher HP guys might have been in Mexico. I DO like this track! A summer race (to get the hell out of the heat of the valley) is perfect there!

Seems that the Pilots all bugged out after Saturday, something about getting destroyed on the track for blocking other racers (hehe):D

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
The Whiplash organization is a joke. Thats all that needs to be said about it.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I have a lot of issues with whiplash also but it is the racers that make the racing.Whiplash and Grindingstone were both won by a 686 rhino last year so you dont have to have a Kawi to compete at the local level,you need to drive good and be consistent.Lets get out there and race and have fun.Buy the way I drive a Rhino 720 not a Kawi as reported in earlier post.Thanks DFR and Muzzys.

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
I AGREE !! WITHOUT THEM WE WOULD HAVE NO LOCAL RACING! IT MIGHT NOT BE TO ORGANIZED BUT IT GIVES US TIME TO RACE WITH OUR KIDS AND MAKE THE MEMORIES WITH THEM THEY WILL NEVER FORGET!! A RACE IS A RACE ITS ALL FUN!:)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Actually, now there is the ASCC Series for local racing....very well run and a good time for everyone! I am spending my time there and at LOORS this season. The only Whiplash race I will probably do this year is Snowflake.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I am sure ASCC is welll run but is the same track every time with no class for rhinos and is more set up for R1 and high hp cars.We need racing that everyone can go out and have a chance if they are consistent annd reliable.15 min sprint races take that away from lo buck guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000