Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Shorty cage into the bed and rear bungs, no rear bumper

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I'm kind of annoyed with the entire industry that builds and provides aftermarket goodies in the UTV world as a whole. They cater to the RZR crowd and don't seem to give much of a shit that there are people with other brands out there, and the companies that do have a very limited selection of Can Am or any other brand that isn't RZR, with the exception of CT Raceworx. Even a local guy here wants to build more Can Am stuff and asks what I'd want but when I list off the stuff he should be making he couldn't be bothered to listen.

i hear you BUT, building Rzr cages by the dozens that sell quickly overrides building a couple of Canam or Teryx4 cages. Its all about business and they aree in it to make money the easiest way.

M0FMav223

Oct 16, 2015
i hear you BUT, building Rzr cages by the dozens that sell quickly overrides building a couple of Canam or Teryx4 cages. Its all about business and they aree in it to make money the easiest way.
I get that but they're all built off a jig anyways and it's no harder to build any other cage, especially since mavericks are becoming more and more popular

sincityryder

Dec 6, 2015
I had a radius from toys for big boys on my 900rzr and now I have a flat top on my 1k I love the flat top more . But I think if you run a radius you get a lil bit more viewing angle from the radius . I don't have a roof yet on my flat top but I do love seeing through it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdrew1965

Oct 28, 2015
The way I look at this is as follows:

Those cages that flow into the rear bumper look good, but they are only good for the owner that wants a stylish machine that is not in fear of being rolled.

A cage that is separate from the rear bumper will still look amazing without being tied into the bumper. The advantage to this style is if you have anyone decide they want to Nerf you or drive around while texting and hit you're machine they will not damage an entire cage assembly. Plus when the recreational owner decides they need to get more power and take the machine to Sparks performance it is not such a hassle to get the engine out for that big bore kit.

The great thing is a UTV is an extension of a personal taste and style. If you like the design, get it. Everything on a UTV has a posivite and negative. The proportion of that neg v pos is all due to personality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000