Where to go? 3-4 day ride

cek

Yakima my Yakima - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
Looking for a place to go for a long ride. No dunes. I remember some guys doing a few days to Moab but I can't remember who it was. We want to take off ride, camp, wake up and do it again. Would like to find a ride that we could hotel hop each night?

Any ideas?

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Grand Canyon... I think there's still a few here that do that, but I'm not sure. I think Joey did it too.:)

cek

Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
Yeah. I'm looking into that. I'd really like to find how they did the Moab trip. They were able to stay at hotels on their UTV trip.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
Moab is amazing lots of cool terrain. I go down for jeep safari every year tons of trails but it sounds like Grand Canyon is amazing to

cek

Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
Moab is amazing lots of cool terrain. I go down for jeep safari every year tons of trails but it sounds like Grand Canyon is amazing to
I would like to do the Moab trip first. I remember reading about some guys who left from point A and stayed at a couple different hotels along the way. Just left their tow rigs at point A and rode for a couple days each way. Does that sound familiar or possible?

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Piaute Trail Loop #1 in Utah. I believe it's around 300 miles total and you can hotel and fuel every night if properly timed. There is some good literature out there on the loop to help guide a guy through. This is only a summertime option though, too much snow otherwise.

cek

Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
Thank you that's the info I was looking for to get me pointed in the right direction.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
Ya there are multiple hotels in Moab i believe they allow ohv rigs to drive on the streets within city limits and you can make it to a lot of the trails without leaving city limits it's very cool terrain you should get a hold of the ROTR (Rally On The Rocks) group they just started a thread to sign up for there weekend I'm sure they could point you in the right direction

cek

Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
Ya there are multiple hotels in Moab i believe they allow ohv rigs to drive on the streets within city limits and you can make it to a lot of the trails without leaving city limits it's very cool terrain you should get a hold of the ROTR (Rally On The Rocks) group they just started a thread to sign up for there weekend I'm sure they could point you in the right direction

Thanks... I also found a webiste that has a lot of info. We are trying to decide if we are going to do Moab or Grand Canyon this year. We can do the Idaho ride anytime. Its pretty close.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
I have never been on the Grand Canyon ride but Moab is like nothing I have ever experienced anywhere else the slick rock is so cool and the views are awesome I definitely recommend making a trip there at least once

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
Arizona Strip Aka North rim of the grand canyon is Bad Ass! You really do not have to pay A guide to do this. In today's world all you have to do is plan your route by Google earth and over lay that map on to a GPS. If you are A out doors man and your equipment is well prepped this is very easy to do I have done it twice with my old man we covered about 600 miles in 6 days along the trails that go for miles and sights that are unreal. Get A group of people that love an Adventure and go for it. if you have done Baja then this is A walk in the park! If you need a starting point PM me and I can help you out, part of the fun is planning and doing some thing like this on your own.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
Arizona Strip Aka North rim of the grand canyon is Bad Ass! You really do not have to pay A guide to do this. In today's world all you have to do is plan your route by Google earth and over lay that map on to a GPS. If you are A out doors man and your equipment is well prepped this is very easy to do I have done it twice with my old man we covered about 600 miles in 6 days along the trails that go for miles and sights that are unreal. Get A group of people that love an Adventure and go for it. if you have done Baja then this is A walk in the park! If you need a starting point PM me and I can help you out, part of the fun is planning and doing some thing like this on your own.
That sounds like an absolute blast I can't wait tell I'm rich and can go on trips like this :)

cek

Jul 12, 2009
Yakima, WA
You do not need to be Rich to do something like this. I'm just an Average guy with A Family and A desire to explore.
Thank you. I'll be in touch. I'm trying to get our group to commit before I start bugging peeps for details.

Thanks again.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I'm planning to do the GC run again this year with Wally. While I will agree, it's totally doable on your own, the advantage of going with Wally is if it's your first time he has it all worked out for you. Plus you're supporting a really good guy who knows how to lead a really fun ride!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000