Where did you Ride for Thanksgiving??

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We headed up with the Teryx 4 to the Sierra's. Started our weekend off by riding the back trails in Gardnerville, NV. Pretty much high desert terrain, you can ride from there to Virginia City, Topaz lake, Carson City, and even up to Tahoe Lake.

From there we headed 2 hours north west to a tiny little town called Washington, CA. Its outside of Nevada City and is tucked away amongst the mountains. The riding their was beautiful. A combination of rocky trails and fire roads gave me a sense of being back in TN or WV. We rode to a smaller town called Alagheny where they have a tiny bar. We had a few drinks and then moved on to Donner Lake, named due to its proximity to Donner Pass.

Overall it was a great adventure in a new place for us. I would go back for sure. It was fun to explore.

Where did you guys ride? How was it?

Hit up Schatts Bakery in Bishop, CA on our way up 395.

Spent an afternoon over at Virginia City. Such a cool old town. We took a mine tour also!

Had fun exploring Gardnerville, NV. Thats my uncle's neighborhood in the background nestled right at the base of the mountain range that leads into South Lake Tahoe. Thats actually the backside of the ski resort Heavenly up there. These trails go for days!

The trails up in Washington, CA take you through and to some amazing scenery. We crossed this river which had these crystal clear pools everywhere. They say during the summer its the spot to cool off!

The T4 is perfect for this riding up here. But after 700 miles on the stock belt its time to change it. I could feel it starting to slip pretty bad and up hill climbs were pretty sluggish. But overall the T4 is bad ass!

On our way home we decided to brave the storm and head back up and over through Tahoe and back down 395. The route took us through SNOW, SLEET and heavy wind!!

We searched out our own Christmas trees. Dirty P, our host in Washington, CA, took his beautiful SDR / Cartronics / UTVUnderground.com built Polaris RZR to the mountains to prove it isn't just a trailer & show queen!

Made a stop for the kids to play in the snow on the way home through Tahoe.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Sounds like a fun trip.

We were in Glamis. Weather was perfect at 80 plus each day. Did not seem as crowded as past years.

My son got to ride his raptor 250 for the first time in the dunes. He was super excited when he made it up Olds. He did awesome in the dunes.

Got to explore the newly opened areas and check out some really steep hills and fun dune sections.

It was a great time and no major break downs and everybody made it home in one piece

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
Lot's of places to ride up in the hills in Northern Nevada, and yes the trails do go on for days. Next time you are up here go check out moon rocks.

rzrrick

Nov 23, 2013
Wildomar, CA
We went to Ocotillo on Sat 12/22.. left the RV's out with some friends staying all week.Went home Sunday and came back on Wed afternoon. Weather was 80's and no wind... got dusty on the trails..went over to Jim and Melissa's on Turkey day night for a drink..Great group there.. Rode all over and over. Packed it up yesterday morning and came home to Wildomar the back way. Traffic was good, and no rain.

Attachments

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
We went to Johnson valley to do some crawling and logged about 12 miles lol. Went up sledgehammer but the belt was slipping so bad we turned around at the plaque and had to head back to the truck. Had a new belt in it so I'm pretty sure I have a clutch issue. Also bent a rear axle. Had fun in those 12 miles tho! Lol
I need to find some more UTV friendly crawling trails for next time.

COPPERHEAD42

Apr 10, 2012
First we went to Kansas rocks park in mappleton, ks. Then hit a buddies local place in paola. Had a blast!

TURKEY DAY RIDE 2014: [ame]http://youtu.be/VozYeLw5owM[/ame]

hardcharger81

Nov 30, 2014
Elk Grove CA
Joey, was your ride 1 continuous trip? Or did you come back, load up and move to the next spot?

The are you're talking about is somewhat local to me and it'd be awesome to see a trail map of the area.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Too bad that picture isn't from farther north. I'd like to see how far the drags stretched this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000