Arctic Cat When does the new Turbo Artic Cat come out?

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Don't they need to sell like 500 units to race it in a production class in the Baja 1000?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ssb4

Feb 13, 2015
New rules don't state or I can't seem to find the wording. However, the old rules stated...

2013 SCORE/HDRA UTV RULES OFFICIALLY RELEASED013 SCORE/HDRA UTV RULESUTV PRO CLASS 1900 to 1949The UTV Pro Stock Class vehicles are built using production UTV’s, manufactured by registered companies that issue VIN numbers. Companies must produce a minimum number of units to be accepted. UTV’s must have 2 seats. A driver and navigator are required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: crazywatson

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Ah so I guess they could release it at anytime before then. The Sema show would have been a great plate to release it.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
My brother told me the boosted YXZs were whoopen on everything at Glamis last weekend. This rumored car could be such a killer package. Im starting to lose faith though now that Sema is over and nothing happened.

Last edited:

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
The production timeline from the dealer webinar slated the new car would be announced in February , production in march.

The rumored turbo was not a public car but a race only model - you'd have to apply to cats race program, get approved, sign a contract, pay for it and then follow the guidelines of the race program. or return is was my understanding.

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
The production timeline from the dealer webinar slated the new car would be announced in February , production in march.

The rumored turbo was not a public car but a race only model - you'd have to apply to cats race program, get approved, sign a contract, pay for it and then follow the guidelines of the race program. or return is was my understanding.
What is the diffrence between this and a unlimited?

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
What is the diffrence between this and a unlimited?

In the snowmobile world ISR mandates to be production you have to produce XXX amount of models for race specific purpose that people outside of the company can purchase. They do this through an amateur race program where you apply , sign a contract before the sled is shipped, and you get a substantial parts discount on top of a heavily discounted race sled (race sled under 10k where the standard production models are 13-17k)

So they break the production minimum number requirement, then racers get first dibs, then halfway through the race season dealers can buy them for floor models despite them being closed course competition only models (similar to a non green sticker compliant model for you guys out west) So one would assume that this would end up being a non carb compliant model and it would be closed course competition only. I'm not sure how Score, BITD, LOORS etc handles this and come Monday we will know how TORC handles it.

All I know is we were told we will have a new car to start development on in December.

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
This thing is way bad ass...we will see more of it in the next few days! Go get em boys. Have fun and be safe!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Saw them today. They look great. Sound bad ass. But they were practically building them in the garage at Estero. One returned back smoking heavily from the exhaust it appeared. Regardless, they are hot rods and according to Robby are essentially how they will come from factory. There will be a 110" long 2 seater which you see here, a shorter 2 seater and then a 4 seater. They have turbo xxxx engines with 210hp. Plunging rear axles with huge cvs. A lot of other cool stuff. These are race cars but cages did appear to be bolted on, not sure if this is how you will buy them or not but they are very cool. More details tomorrow. I was invited to come hang out but got side tracked before they bailed to go test.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Nice!...Joey D always bringing the scoop!!!

Looking forward to some more information from Tech and Contingency

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000