Whats next for factory Sport SXS Development

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So I am curious. What do you all project is next for manufacturers in the sport SXS realm of development? Do you foresee the industry adding bigger engines with more power? More Suspension? Anyone think we will see a factory built race ready UTV?

Weigh in.....

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Clutch and Shifting. :D
X2... Also add a tubular frame like the WC to the XP and I think you will have more SXS then most will ever need or use. Like the dirtbike world is... A showroom stock 450 is more bike than 90% of people can push to its limits....but people will upgrade and mod it anyways. I think the 100hp mark is going to be the sweet spot to satisfy most duners and weekend warriors.

the_owl

Oct 14, 2011
4 speed and maybe some ventures in street legal versions.
Personally Id like to see better cages and safety.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
All sxs's should come with standard 4 point restraints and built in ice chest......

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Is it just me, or does Duner Dave kinda look like John Travolta.......

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I think a smaller more nimble version of my favorite all time off road vehicle. I drove the snot out of mine in the Army. Watch at 1:35 and see what this thing can do! I did that exact type of drop in Yakima Washington at Braveshield on the side of a mountain with a 15 ft wide road I dropped onto with a 2000ft drop straight down if I didn't make it. This is the penultimate off road machine and a few of the great features from this could be adapted to current designs.

Dan....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWaWH7iCfg]Gama Goat - YouTube[/ame]

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Sportier versions with factory long travel. Polaris and AC already accomplished this now we need the rest to follow suit. Anyone see dirt wheels magazine? Theres a pretty sweet looking Prototype Rhino 1000 build by Yamaha in it.:D

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I would like to see something really nice from Yamaha and/or Honda. With that said. I think the Commander Limited is the closest to a complete UTV. Add the Magnum LT kit and you are dialed in with everything.

Things that would be cool to see from out of a factory UTV.

1. I would like the ability to unlock the rear diff. This would help when you are moving it around the house your driveway does not pay the price. This would also make street driving a little more pleasent.

2. I would like to see a belt temp warning light. (this may already be a factory option)

3. The factory needs to offer more tire and wheel options.

4. They need to develope a front and rear diff with various gear ratios. The belt would last much longer if you could gear your UTV to your tire size. (You can change the gears in the Deere)

5. Factory 4 point Harness option. The stock seat belts suck.

Finally I would like to see a front engine eco-tech, 5 speed trans and tacoma live rear axle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000