What tie downs do you use?

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I'm in the market again for some good tie downs. Not just for the rzr but general use. I usually keep a casual eye out for nice ones everywhere but they still don't last.
I decided to get some good ones and have looked at Mac's but curious what else is out there? I'm staying with 1" since I have big stuff covered already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I bought my Dad a set of the 2" in these for his sand car 2 Christmas ago and they have worked great...hoping he will return the favor this year and get me a 1" set for my RZR.

http://speedstrap.com/

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Sounds like I should just get the utv pack and get some 10' 1" straps for other use. I saw where I can custom order too.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I know I don't run the coolest tie downs, but I have yet to have one fail me. For the RZR I'm using the 1 1/2 black Harbor Frieght ratchet tie downs, which I have cut to length and marked front & rear. Then I have some Home Depot, (don't know brand) 1 inch ratchet straps. Two are blue and used on the little quad, and one is Red and used for the gas cans. Each strap is cut to length so I only have a few feet of extra strap. Since I have covers for my seats, and use a utility trailer, I also made two bungee cords (1 for the front seats, 1 for the rear seats.) that act as a back up encase a seat covered was to come loose. All this is stored in a canvass tool bag that stays with the RZR. I know it's not the coolest, but it's nice that everything is custom fit & marked for my setup. Anyone could load & strap down all the toys.

Regarding the race car & prerunner straps. I'm got those years ago when Command Industrial was a product sponsor of mine with Aeroqiup. The straps are not marked with a brand?? but they are 2 inch heavy duty straps! They also came with wear sleeves that are made of the same nylon strap material, but they keep the straps from getting worn or frayed. I've had those straps since 2003-04? I wish I could get more, but they would be overkill for a UTV. Again I have a bag that those straps go in and it stays with the buggy.

I think allot of people's problems with straps is they don't know how to use them. One guy in our group swore HF straps were junk, so at the Sand Show he bought Speed Straps. Next trip out he opens his trailer and the front straps are loose and one back strap is al but come off. Speed Straps are nice tie downs, so it's not the strap fault! This is what he was doing wrong. When tying down he would pull all the extra strap through ratchet and he would only get about 1 to 1 1/2 full turns of strap around the ratchet. This allows the strap under bouncing & pulling to slip back through the ratchet. You should have 2-3 complete raps of strap around the ratchet. The nylon webbing is what grips itself and keeps it from pulling back through. Once he did that he's never had another loose strap issue.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Any body here know where to get a good deal on MAC's? I was gonna just order from the site but figured I'd ask around a bit first

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I've been wanting that Mac straps but my captain chairs sit right where the front tire sits when the rzr is inside the hauler. I think the floor track would mess with how the chair sits.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
These straps sure are nice! I ordered the utv kit and a utility kit. Haven't used them but they are very high quality!

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I like the macs but got some smart straps at tractor supply and those are nice straps too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000