Yamaha what is this noise???

kdub41

Murder Red
Jan 27, 2009
Hemet
when i shift into gear from a long ride or when the motor is hot, my car slams or grinds into gear :eek: what could this be? maybe just a linkage adjustment? because if i shut it off and leave it in gear there is not problem or when i first start it in the morning and put it into gear its fine, or let it cool it engages fine. Its only when i put it into neutral when its hot and then put it into gear. please let me know so i can fix this.

kdub41

Murder Red
Jan 27, 2009
Hemet
well how do you adjust the linkage and how do you know when its adjusted correctly? and where is the idle adjustment lol sorry for all the questions im just a noob lol
well i would like to go again but i will be bumming a ride in someones car

kdub41

Murder Red
Jan 27, 2009
Hemet
well i just dont want it to break lol i dont have the money for it to get fixed if it does
plus its going to be way hot out there :(
if i can get this linkage thing fixed then i will, i just dont want my tranny to go out :confused:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Check the throttle cable where it runs through the frame under the hood. When i wired my lights a added a couple zip ties to hold some stuff in place and my car started doing the same thing. I cut the zip tie around the throttle and the problem went away. The cable should be loose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000