Wet clutch

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Hey guys. quick question, my 07 Rhino is tacking out and losing speed, so i thought i would replace the belt, so while doing this i took the clutch apart (Hunterworks overdrive weights-orange secondary spring) to clean it and check how things look. All looked good and i put it back together. Took it for a test drive and still tacking out and a loss of speed, use to top out at about 58 MPH now i can hit 46 but its hitting some hard RPMS. Also about 5,000 miles on it now. I am thinking the wet clutch is on it's way out, butjust want a second that before i tear it apart.

Thanks
Craig

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Never mind, i fixed it, the sliders on the face plate (one of them) was jammed nd would not let the primary clutch go to full exstend, fixed it and just hit 58MPH. happy again!

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Breven's 06 Rhino is doing the same thing and he thinks the same way you are Craig!
I don't knowwhat i was thinking, the wet clutch wouuld not effect my top speed, It simply would not ingage if it was, so went back out and checked and it was one of the sliders, looks as if it got some dirt and would not work as designed.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
glad you found your problem. ive seen secondaries bind up and not travel all the way too. ive seen rust and belt strings hinder them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000