All UTV's Were do i get my powder coat off???

Mopar

Addicted - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
usually anywhere that does P/C will also be able do blast it off.... but if youve got aluminum panels they cant be blasted without the aluminum pitting, so i dunno

Bad@$$Teryx

Dont Mess With My Bad@$$Teryx - UTVUnderground App
Jan 19, 2009
Goodyear, AZ
I just did my cage. They guys at Glendale Powdercoating told me burn it off with a torch. I took their advice and did it...I should of just paid them the $150 to do it. What a chore

Cheek

Texas Crazy Horse - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
Buffalo,Tx
i do powder coating, u need to find a salt stripper. they put the parts in a vat and it eats it off. it looks new when done.

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Aircraft paint remover. You can buy it at Automotive paint supply stores. Usually comes in 1 gallon containers. Often, powdercoat shops offer this service.
Do NOT let anyone blast your panels. They are too thin and will warp badly from the heat generated from mechanical stripping.

trunknuts

Jul 11, 2010
I'm in the powder coating industry also. Easiest way to do it at home is industrial paint stripper and pressure washer. Make sure to wear gloves and safety glasses. You can pick up the stripper at most paint supply stores including automotive paint vendors. Good luck.

mdbann5800

Jun 17, 2009
Aircraft paint remover. You can buy it at Automotive paint supply stores. Usually comes in 1 gallon containers. Often, powdercoat shops offer this service.
Do NOT let anyone blast your panels. They are too thin and will warp badly from the heat generated from mechanical stripping.
what he said. i do powdercoating. the best stripper is made by a company named. dads. a little time cunsuming but works. keep it out of the wind, it need to stay wet as long as possible, but dont keep respraying it to keep it wet. u cant burn it off because it aluminum, if it was steel i would say burn it off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000