WE Rock Dirt Riot?

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
I couldn't find a racing forum that catered to this series, and KOH is the closest I think.

Anyone planning to run it? I will be hitting up all three mountain series events.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I couldn't find a racing forum that catered to this series, and KOH is the closest I think.

Anyone planning to run it? I will be hitting up all three mountain series events.
I'm racing the Mountain Series also.

April 6-7 Moab, UT
June15-16 Colorado Springs, CO
July13-14 Cortez, CO

Big Rich has a discussion on it over on Pirate 4X4 (Competitive Events Section).
So far, we've had a couple issues with his proposed rules (ie: 1.5X.120 cage tubing). I've recommended to him that he adopt ISA's rules as KOH had done.
Rich has talked to me a couple times about the UTV Dirt Riot Series and he seems very interested in making it a fun and worthwhile event. I recall Rob said he had fun at the Tucson event.

I'm looking forward to it, seems reasonably priced and fun. The Moab event is during the Easter Jeep Safari Week at Moab, so that should make it even more fun.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Video from Dirt Riot Race in Colorado...

Pre-run of course
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp4KZokfojI]We Rock Dirt Riot Race Trail Class Onboard HD Crawlorado - YouTube[/ame]

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
I went and watched the Co Springs race last year. I coudn't see all of the course, but to me it looked like a short track version of a KOH race. Dirt, rocks, with some random jumps and berms. The course style will change a little from location to location. Co Springs to me looks more like a motox track with some sand and ditches and rocks, and Moab should be more of a rutted road with nice rock sections, maybe with some big rocks and possibly going into the canyon. Hard to say until we get there.

Just like KOH, the UTV course is different than the U4 cars.

Big Rich is pretty easy going and very friendly. If you have a suggestion or issue with the rules, call him or PM him on pirate. Seriously one of the nicest guys I have ever chatted with.

The only issue I have is that the Moab race is during Easter Jeep Safari. And I won't be able to bring both my jeep and my UTV, so I guess I get to just piss off Jeep owners all week by rocketing through the trails in my UTV.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I went and watched the Co Springs race last year. I coudn't see all of the course, but to me it looked like a short track version of a KOH race. Dirt, rocks, with some random jumps and berms. The course style will change a little from location to location. Co Springs to me looks more like a motox track with some sand and ditches and rocks, and Moab should be more of a rutted road with nice rock sections, maybe with some big rocks and possibly going into the canyon. Hard to say until we get there.

Just like KOH, the UTV course is different than the U4 cars.

Big Rich is pretty easy going and very friendly. If you have a suggestion or issue with the rules, call him or PM him on pirate. Seriously one of the nicest guys I have ever chatted with.

The only issue I have is that the Moab race is during Easter Jeep Safari. And I won't be able to bring both my jeep and my UTV, so I guess I get to just piss off Jeep owners all week by rocketing through the trails in my UTV.
I agree, Big Rich is a good guy. He is willing to listen and find a better way if there is one. I've worked with him as a sponsor for past WE Rock National Championships, so yeah, I agree.

Guess that'll make 2 of us UTVs mixed in with the Jeeps. I've started hanging out with several from the local Jeep group, The Cliffhangers, and they don't seem to mind my UTV coming along.
They will be at Moab and I hope to get a trail or two in with them then, you would be welcome to run with us.

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
I agree, Big Rich is a good guy. He is willing to listen and find a better way if there is one. I've worked with him as a sponsor for past WE Rock National Championships, so yeah, I agree.

Guess that'll make 2 of us UTVs mixed in with the Jeeps. I've started hanging out with several from the local Jeep group, The Cliffhangers, and they don't seem to mind my UTV coming along.
They will be at Moab and I hope to get a trail or two in with them then, you would be welcome to run with us.
When we get closer to EJS I will send you my phone #, we'll have to meet up and show the jeeps how to do it.

yield2me

May 17, 2011
I raced Tucson with the stock/trail class. Since the UTV's are faster, Big Rich started me first (lol). The course was the same except when it came to the rocks (manmade)....we went around and the trucks went through it. The race was an hour long, and the most laps win.

I plan on hitting a few more this year.

Dirt Riot races are super fun, low stress racing. Entry fee is a hundo, and its for trophies only.

Vid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHX7tunAOfw"]Dirt Riot Tucson, AZ 1999 Usnick Motorsports - YouTube[/ame]

slowandold

KOH or Bust!
Aug 29, 2011
Big Rich told us this weekend that Pit Bull Tires is putting up $2500 for the Moab race....

Its alot of fun for the money...hopefully we start getting better turnouts for the events (5 UTV's this weekend at Altus) - still good fun though.

Just started raining as we pulled off course...the U4 guys raced in a mudbog basically...it was crazy!

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Big Rich told us this weekend that Pit Bull Tires is putting up $2500 for the Moab race....

Its alot of fun for the money...hopefully we start getting better turnouts for the events (5 UTV's this weekend at Altus) - still good fun though.

Just started raining as we pulled off course...the U4 guys raced in a mudbog basically...it was crazy!

$2500!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000