warlock's XP1000 Consumer Buyer Watchdog Thread

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
Re: XP1k Bending Shocks ????????

I would look at shock and A-arm angles at full extension before throwing WER under the bus. The needle shocks have been used successfully prior to the XP1K release. They aren't experimental. The bend in the middle of the shaft indicates to me the failure took place at full extension. Just my $.02

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Its a long shock and I believe a 5/8 shaft. With that length shock I am guessing a 7/8 shaft will be an upgrade. I believe the Fox's we will have for the XP1000 will come with 7/8 shafts.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Re: XP1K TRAILING ARM BUSHING PROBLEM !!!

Heres a picture of the trailing Arm Bushing that will pop out of place and you better keep it in its spot or Mud and Sand will get in there and wear out the Joint Fast.
I dont think that the o-ring here are to seal the Joint...at least its not on the shocks...on the shocks its there to keep the shock from rotating and making noise so that customers dont complain of the clacking they here as their suspension works;)

nottoli

Apr 24, 2013
With the launch of the XP 1000 and a price tag now matching that of a small passenger highway vehicle we should require, rather demand OEM companies like Polaris offer greater warrantee support, increased quality standards with fewer off-shore sourced content.
That being said all need to be reminded of the golden rule of Vehicle purchase" Never buy a first year vehicle" we have been reminded of this daily with our recent 2011 XP 900 Starter issue failure" problem that Polaris doesn't want to talk about. But have also been reminded of the risk we accepted in doing so.

Polaris has done a mighty job in developing, marketing and selling their products in what we liken to "the arms race of UTV's".....the real issue now will be for an OEM with so much "high end" product in the market how will they respond to supporting their customers through customer service and product quality support.
Big Pasta......we do share some of your concern over valid criticism vs just complaining....but hope you as the site moderator and owner will help filter this important information back to Polaris in a constructive but ASSERTIVE way.......since Polaris and other OEM's now expect small car sums for their products we can and should expect equal/same product quality and integrity.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Come on, I get it, you hate the XP1000 and its premium price tag, but I don't think we need 10 different threads. If they're so bad tell your buddies to stop driving them an sell them. They could sell them in a day!!
Funny How Im a Hater. I Like them All Actually and they all Have Issues But IM a little disappointed in the The Price and Quality. If I don't Point it out I guess who will So. I Guess a you can call it what you want I Just point it out as I go and Im didn't think to Lump it all together . as there all separate issues creeping up. I get it you Rep Polaris and that's your deal but maybe they will see the Problems now and step up.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
With the launch of the XP 1000 and a price tag now matching that of a small passenger highway vehicle we should require, rather demand OEM companies like Polaris offer greater warrantee support, increased quality standards with fewer off-shore sourced content.
That being said all need to be reminded of the golden rule of Vehicle purchase" Never buy a first year vehicle" we have been reminded of this daily with our recent 2011 XP 900 Starter issue failure" problem that Polaris doesn't want to talk about. But have also been reminded of the risk we accepted in doing so.

Polaris has done a mighty job in developing, marketing and selling their products in what we liken to "the arms race of UTV's".....the real issue now will be for an OEM with so much "high end" product in the market how will they respond to supporting their customers through customer service and product quality support.
Big Pasta......we do share some of your concern over valid criticism vs just complaining....but hope you as the site moderator and owner will help filter this important information back to Polaris in a constructive but ASSERTIVE way.......since Polaris and other OEM's now expect small car sums for their products we can and should expect equal/same product quality and integrity.
Nottoli you said it perfectly.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Very well said. I won't censor someone for sharing valid info or ban complaining but I also didn't feel like we needed 4 separate threads banging on each detail that the OP found to be flawed.

Trust me when I say, Polaris is reading this and if there are issues with the machine which there very well could be I would hope they are addressing them as I think any top OEM would and should.

Last edited:

fastjesse

Sep 17, 2012
It looks like Kawasaki got your memo on the warranty. They are offering 3 years on their 2014 Teryx line.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Funny How Im a Hater. I Like them All Actually and they all Have Issues But IM a little disappointed in the The Price and Quality. If I don't Point it out I guess who will So. I Guess a you can call it what you want I Just point it out as I go and Im didn't think to Lump it all together . as there all separate issues creeping up. I get it you Rep Polaris and that's your deal but maybe they will see the Problems now and step up.
It's all good warlock. You always seem to offer some good insight and you have found some flaws with the machine and its cool to point those out. My point was we don't need that many separate threads started by the same guy all getting at the same thing which is to point out the negatives of one machine.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it. I just don't like the forum to be filled with complaint threads is all.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
No Worries Joey I Understand How it is and Just Add Crap as I go . Im not Beholden to any of the Manufacturers and we Have Owned and Raced a lot of different Units over the Years and I will be The First to Praise or Hate on Shit that needs it. I actually Like The 1000 for its new found Size cause the 900 is To cramped for me. We actually get our Bikes at Dealer cost and use them for a year and sell them off for a break even Deal so It wont be Long. Lesson learned on selling them is don't spend a ton on Goodies and sell it stock for your investment back in your pocket for a new one.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Overall I think the XP 1000 is an absolute GREAT machine... if you where paying about $15k. my opinion. Maybe honda or yamaha will enter the sport sxs game and change the whole industry... but I'm not holding my breath.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
at least for the front shocks i think the issue is with the angle at which they are mounted the more they are layed over the better chance of the shaft bending and the shock not being allowed to work like it should

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Holly Schizzzznit look at the Size of those tires for god sake. Damn I don't know how any Bike would handle those unless you were all Heimed up. Stock joints I don't think can handle that much Weight and Sress for to long.:eek:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
It's the Mystic Terracross Championship. Chad is racing our UTVUnderground.com / Walker Evans Racing / GBC Motorsports Polaris RZR XP1000. This racing is brutally hard on machines. It's a miracle that any machine makes it through a race let alone a day of racing without any mechanical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000