Walkers, Kings or Fox

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
Walkers!!! Great customer support, not to mention my ride feels dialed and can take anything!

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
STOCK!

We just custom tuned 2 sets of RZR-S stock shocks for the owner of North County Yamaha. He was ALL smiles! Call him and see what he has to say about our RZR-S settings, his name is Jim Hurkman. If interested after that give us a call and we'll get you dialed in. Alot cheaper than purchasing new shocks (that you don't need).:D

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I love my Walkers! Mine are pretty much set up for the trail but work great with anything I throw at them:D Best thing is that they are local and have great customer service!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Walker Evans.....when all shocks are basically equal regarding materials, it boils down to customer service and set-up - both initial set-up and any changes that might need to be made. Walker has enough experience working with us racers in all types of UTVs that they have a very good idea of how your shocks will need to be set up, right out of the box. (When you spend that kind of money on your shocks, you expect them to be set up properly, and it's always a disappointing setback when they aren't.) WER does a great job of this, as well as taking care of their customers. :)

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i agree with Corry. a shock is a shock is a shock to a certain degree. they all do the same thing. some have internal bumps and external adjustment but they all can be setup to siut your needs.

when choosing a shock its best to choose a shock you can easily buy internal seals and shims. most major offroad shops carry these rebuild parts. another thing to think about is who is going to revalve them or rebuild them for you, if you are going to do it then ordering parts through the mail is ok. but if you have to send you shock to someone through the mail for rebuilding or revalving it gets expensive for shipping both ways.

there is no black magic to shock rebuilding or tunning it is trial and error to get it to do what you want on your ride. the out of the box internal valving from a manufacturer will be close but to get it perfect for your style will need some tweeks.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
FOX, but get them from a vendor that has dialed them in for UTV's.

how many times have you heard of a fox shock breaking? hmmm, seems to me I can count many WER shocks breaking in dezert and short course (UTV). before you bash me, those peeps are good at WER but something is up, maybe the suspension is cycling more than WER intended???? Don't know. this goes for a rzr, rhino and teryx racers.

OF all classes in short course, what shock is podiuming the most??? FOX :)

I would recommend Magnum, Cognito, HRT Motorsports, and LSR for Fox applications.

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
after having fox re-valve my shocks about 4 times and two others tried, ;)still never got it right! Walker nailed it on the original setup out of the box!

mc93yj

Mar 29, 2010
hobart indiana
I have afco silver series got them from makin trax with progressive springs they work great.I looked at all diff ones and read reviews and went with something totally different.I can run flat out through the whoops with no problem.

Dudeonit

Chino's Finest - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Dec 10, 2010
Chino, CA
When a Company Owner comes on the phone and says" Bring the car down and we will get you dialed in", they have my business. WER's on my XP.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
We've owned two of the four brands mentioned in this thread, I tried to work with a third brand but they were always too busy to talk to us so I took that as a sign and chose Fox. Great shock, great support, no regets.

That said choose what works for you! If you're not racing and have the "S" shock why not consider the upgrade kit like Dano said? It may make more sense than anything at this point.

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
STOCK!

We just custom tuned 2 sets of RZR-S stock shocks for the owner of North County Yamaha. He was ALL smiles! Call him and see what he has to say about our RZR-S settings, his name is Jim Hurkman. If interested after that give us a call and we'll get you dialed in. Alot cheaper than purchasing new shocks (that you don't need).:D
x2!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Everyone is going to have a different experience. Its like chevy versus ford!

By the way....Chevy rules 2012 smoke all other POS trucks LOL

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
tyler, that is why I said, "from a vendor who has them dialed in".
You are totally right. It helps to already have done the R/D part. To be fair I was running the same XFM kit That Rj had. So they had lots of info to work with.:D

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
My main reason to go to a new shock from the stock Fox Podiums is the spring rate. I have already upgraded to an aftermarket progressive 250lb spring in the rear as the stockers were sagging and I broke one. Now these new springs are sagging as well. I have lost 2" of GC and the preload is beyond the point it should be and I have not added weight to the RZR since these springs were installed. So I figure between the cost of another set of springs and a revalve I am back to what a set of new rear shocks would cost. The front on the other hand is great. I guess I'd like to think the springs on a nice set of new shocks will retain their rate better (higher quality) and not sag in the way mine are now. I understand settling but this is beyond that and the stock "S" springs are garbage. I also understand it is possible my nitrogen levels have gone down, but I do not know how to check that.

Added weight comes from a full 3/8" UHMW skid, full doors, new cage (heavier than stock), 12 pack AO cooler, 2 gallon gas can on longer rides, and a lock box with items to get me back to camp in a pinch... all together about 150lbs I figure is added.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000