Video of XP1000 vs XP900.. Drag Race

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Heres a Video Of Marlboromans New XP1000 vs his 2011 XP900 on the street.
about a 150 yard run. About what I figured would happened.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjwoc_O_Ovs&feature=share&list=UURFclk-IyqjNzVtUVCkWaBA"]XP900 vs XP1000 DRAG RACE - YouTube[/ame]

desertdog615

Aug 30, 2011
Based on that video, I'd say my Maverick should run neck & neck against the XP1000, maybe even squeak out a win.

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
Run all three on a radar gun that can track acceleration, speed, and distance. Then you will see that stock for stock the XP1000 is way faster than the XP900, and the XP900 is faster than the than the Maverick.

And this is from 0 mph to 70 mph. Not 150 yards.

desertdog615

Aug 30, 2011
Run all three on a radar gun that can track acceleration, speed, and distance. Then you will see that stock for stock the XP1000 is way faster than the XP900, and the XP900 is faster than the than the Maverick.

And this is from 0 mph to 70 mph. Not 150 yards.
Maybe but real world my stock Mav has beaten a stock XP everytime by about 3 lengths in 300'.

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
Maybe but real world my stock Mav has beaten a stock XP everytime by about 3 lengths in 300'.

Real world? So your saying that both drivers weighed the same, had close to the same gas in the tank, same traction, and both have perfect timing when to hit the gas? You must be a MTV reality star if that's real world.

And again...300 feet is not that far. Also how many belts have you melted in your CanAm?

desertdog615

Aug 30, 2011
Real world? So your saying that both drivers weighed the same, had close to the same gas in the tank, same traction, and both have perfect timing when to hit the gas? You must be a MTV reality star if that's real world.

And again...300 feet is not that far. Also how many belts have you melted in your CanAm?
Yeah real world,which mean's drivers do not have exact same weight, gas, traction and so forth. That would be lab testing to make everything exact. Nothing is exactly the same in real world. From what I've read most SxS drag races are 300'.
BTW, Not one blown belt in the Mav.

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
So all but the Kroyer powered XP900 were COMPLETELY STOCK with close to the same gas, driving on the same road, in 4wd so that there would be no tire spin, and with the same driver from a dead stop until he let off.

If you look at the top speed and the distance you can see that our driver just let off sooner on some cars. That is why some cars did not reach their top speed.

Attachments

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
This is as real as it gets.

Give the XP1000 6 months to a years and let people start making race cars out of them. Then you will see some more real world facts that a Maverick is not going to be as fast as a Polaris.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah real world,which mean's drivers do not have exact same weight, gas, traction and so forth. That would be lab testing to make everything exact. Nothing is exactly the same in real world. From what I've read most SxS drag races are 300'.
BTW, Not one blown belt in the Mav.
I know Right , last time I checked when Grudge racing I had to stop and make sure the guy I was Racing with had his car all set up right with the suspension, tire pressure, weights were the same. his air filter was clean and we both had 3 gallons of fuel onboard. Etc Etc Etc. Yes my buddies Maverick Beats every Xp he has ever raced by a bunch to and he will beat the 1000 to by the looks of the races Ive seen.:D Just Sayin what I saw.:cool:

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
not surprized. the new 1000 being heavier and bigger tires they are probably pretty even power to wieght ratio. i think its stiil way over priced for what it is especially with the wild cat X and mav xrs both $2k+ cheaper.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
That extra weight will be hard to overcome even with the Extra Hp when climbing big sand Dunes to. The Lighter weight 900 should get away from it.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Having already spent hours in both sand and hard pack in both the 900 and 1000 I can tell you that the 1000 is on another level. Just sayin.

With that said. We're taking a bunch of 1000s to Glamis for a night run this week. Can't wait.

Got an extra drivers seat? I can give an un-biased opinion.

c.moore

The slow one
Jun 7, 2013
Sin city wv
It may be on another level suspension wise but when it comes to straightline acceleration the owner of the xp1000 even said himself he was disappointed in it. We just watched a real world xp 900 vs xp1000 on pavement and they are dead even pretty much, the 900 definitely launches harder

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Heres a Video Of Marlboromans New XP1000 vs his 2011 XP900 on the street.
about a 150 yard run. About what I figured would happened.
is that 900 bone stock? bolt on hp mods?

desertdog615

Aug 30, 2011
I know Right , last time I checked when Grudge racing I had to stop and make sure the guy I was Racing with had his car all set up right with the suspension, tire pressure, weights were the same. his air filter was clean and we both had 3 gallons of fuel onboard. Etc Etc Etc. Yes my buddies Maverick Beats every Xp he has ever raced by a bunch to and he will beat the 1000 to by the looks of the races Ive seen.:D Just Sayin what I saw.:cool:
Some people just don't get it and I don't want to waste my time trying to explain something to a closed mind. These kind of people will ALWAYS find an excuse to not believe anything unless it's what they want to believe. These cars will most likely be very even no matter what a dyno sheet says.

Last edited:

c.moore

The slow one
Jun 7, 2013
Sin city wv
The difference between the maverick, xp1k and wildcat x is going to be close .. I dont see either one walking off and leaving the other, a lot of popo guys said the xp1k was going to put lengths on the mav and wcx and its not going to. Everyone claims the xp1k is so great but yet its dimensions and specs are almost identical to a wildcat so I can only imagine it'll feel somewhat like a wildcat with a higher center of gravity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000