UTVUnderground.com - Dune Bashing The U.A.E. (Dubai-Abu Dhabi) // EVepic.com

duner19

Jan 4, 2011
awesome write up joey. thats good to hear they do in fact work hard. its very eye opening to witness ur experiences. keep the info and pics coming.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So yesterday put this trip over the top. This trip never goes backward, its only forward. More fun, more food, more hospitality, more baller lifestyle, more site seeing. Its unreal. So we leave Dubai after a brief visit with the Dubai RZR Team at their Polaris Dealership in Dubai, I will post story on that later.. We head arrive in Abu Dhabi around noon. Our host for the week is the very high ranking local by the name of Khalid, pronounced Ha-Lid. He lines us up with rooms at the 5 Star rated, freshly completed, Ethiad Towers here on the coast of Abu Dhabi overlooking the Arabian Gulf. Let me tell you, this place is INSANE! First class from the minute we arrive. The views from our room are like no other. The elevator went up 62 floors in 30 seconds and is silent. Abalone marble walls just in the elevator. It exudes elegance and elite when walking through this place. The room is al jacked up on technology. Everything is at the push of a button including the automatic retractable blinds and curtains.

After checking in we are swooped up by another of Grant's friends in his AMG Mercedes 500 to be taken to a fantastic Italian lunch and of course, COFFEE! I have never drank so much coffee in my life! From there we were picked up by another Funco customer and friend named Mayed who then gave us the grand tour of Abu Dhabi. He showed us where all the ballers houses were, errrr I mean baller mansions, errrrr I mean baller PALACES! lol. He took us to Yas Marina Formula 1 track which is the nicest in the world. Attached to it is Ferrari World which is the worlds largest indoor amusement park and pretty much a Ferrari museum.

Once the tour was complete it was back to the hotel for a quick shower. Once cleaned up our host himself Khalid was waiting for us in the front of the hotel in his new Rolls Royce Phantom GHOST! HAHAH This insane car has a twin turbo V12 and is the most baller car I have EVER ridden in. Super cool. Of course what do you do when you get into a Rolls Royce? You head to the mall to go have what else? COFFEE! hahaha Once our coffee is complete we head over to the Majas which is essentially the "man cave" for this group of friends. Here we arrive Khalid goes "oh look, there is (so and so) with his new Lamborghini". This guy pulls out in a BRAND NEW Lanbo Avantadore LP700!!! No joke, this is the ONLY one in the country and took 1.5yrs to get here to him after ordering. It has 700hp and is the quickest shifting sports car ever built. Blew us away. He asked us to sit in it, take pictures, and then took Grant for a roller coaster ride at a mere 140mph around Abu Dhabi. The sound this car made was unreal. Luxury cars everywhere, anything and everything you can imagine! So we go inside and realize its pretty much a mansion for the boys. Only the guys come to this house after work where servants have prepared 24/7 buffet meals and pour drinks until your bladder explodes. We sit and talk millionaire politics, cars, and of course buggies and UTV's! Everyone in this group will be with us at Khalid's family farm located in Liwa this weekend where we will be shredding the largest dunes in the world!

Anyway, it is about 9am here and our second day in Abu Dhabi is about to kick off. Here are some pics to hold you over!

Welcome to Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi

Welcome to Yas Marina Circuit

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | World's largest indoor theme park | Official site

The hotel Lobby! This is one of the most advanced hotels in the world!

The view from our room overlooking the Arabian Gulf!

The view from the bathroom overlooking the Palace Hotel, The Presidential Palace, and in the distance the construction you see is the new Presidential Palace. The Palace Hotel is one of the worlds only 7 Star Hotels. It cost over a billion dollars to build and I was told that even if they were to sell it out for the rest of its lifetime it could never pay for itself!

The new Mosque in Abu Dhabi is another magnificent piece of billion dollar architecture

A glimpse of Yas Marina Formula 1 facility

A glimpse of Ferrari World, the worlds largest indoor amusement park and home to the worlds fastest roller coaster

Got swooped up in the Rolls Royce GHOST with the V12 Twin Turbo

Lamborhini Avantadore LP700

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

RangerBurger

Jan 23, 2011
Humboldt County
Incredible! Glad you guys are having such a blast. Loving these pics. I'd love to make it over there one day. Really cool to see such a different culture and how much we gear heads have in common. Stay safe guys.:D My kids love the Angry Birds rail and rzr.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
This is awesome, Thanks to the boys in Dubai and Funco Motorsports for making it possible for us UTVunderground members to experience this amazing culture.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XsvPfELb5eI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a video my friend Mayed Al Yousef made. I went to the UAE thinking we would show these guys how to ride... HAH.... These guys could and did teach us a lesson or two! They are insane on 4 or 2 wheels in the sand! Balls to the wall 24/7

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
If its not too late, tell the dirtbike boys they need a paddle on the back of their MX bikes. Skat Trak Hooker is the best. They will totally transform how the bikes run through the sand..

G-

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Im at a loss for words... Just like you said Joey, misperception 100%.... shame on me...

But I say we make a trip out there ... I'm down... That has to be one of the sickest places I have ever seen...

These guys know how to ROLL that's for sure, what a blast you had..

So when we going ?:confused:

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
Im at a loss for words... Just like you said Joey, misperception 100%.... shame on me...

But I say we make a trip out there ... I'm down... That has to be one of the sickest places I have ever seen...

These guys know how to ROLL that's for sure, what a blast you had..

So when we going ?:confused:
Bart, I say we go over for the Moreeb Dune Challenge!! Im going..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZyA9CiD4Ho"]Queen Racing/Mr. Turbo Moreeb race winning run - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000