UTVUG LOORRS Glen Helen Pics & Results

Weller Racing

I Make Things Go Fast - Official UTVUnderground Sp
Aug 21, 2009
Chandler, AZ
www.wellerracing.com
Thanks for posting the pics guys! Great coverage as always!

Congrats to Weller Racing Drivers Austin Kimbrell, Cody Rahders, Tyler Herzog, and Gary Thompson for their Podiums this weekend! It was good to see Robert from Magnaflow and Jim Rosa's team out there in their new SR1's! There is going to be a couple more for Speedworld too! Lets keep it up!

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Splitting classes isn't necessarily the issue here. Although I'm ALL for having them completely seperate. We should have 10 or 11 cars at Speedworld in the SR1 class - splitting them up would be OK for our class, but it would leave the Unlimited Class with a smaller field.

And Greg - I don't think Dan does this on purpose either, but it doesn't make it any better for anyone who has to share a track with him.
I really don't think he knows any better. this has been going on since CORR, so it is not like he no experience in UTV's. but he has deserved a black flag now and then, heck some others have gotten one for less, IMO

heck my over cautious driving cost me some spots last season.
at least three times, one was in elsinore, car spun in front of me and I locked them up to avoid a broadside, cost me a postition, next was Surpise, checked up for a car sliding across in front of me, then Corry Dry humped my rhino! lol :)
( remember that Corry? haahaa) cost us both a postition.

last round at Primm, RJ broke as Dan and I were coming out of the rollers, had to lock it up to not slam RJ, spun out, cost me two positions.

maybe I should have just hit everyone :eek:

yeah we want to win, but Damn, no reason to break everyones Rides while doing it.

lots of close good racing/passing last year with many of you, little sxs bumping door to door in corners is normal.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Rog but at the same time you didnt lose position cause you checked up....had you hit those cars who were wrecking or spinning in front of you would have lost positions too. Sometimes crap happens in front of you causing you to get caught up giving guys behind you a chance for a cleaner line to get around.

The real advantage by checking up was saving your car and the others from further damage which is a noble and smart thing of you to do vs. taking a chance and hammering the gas and trying to get through it. You were definitley a clean racer Rog and I think if some others were driving someone elses car as you were they too may take the "cautious" way around another racer vs. trying to drive their car a little to hard underneath someone causing for a potential loss of control.

Reactions: 1 person

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
thx for the props Joey :)

you can finish if your not broke :D lead lap of every round.
consistency can pay off. and it is cheaper on parts. lol

congrats to all the top finishers in GH.

sorry I missed sunday nights rounds.

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
I think it's unfair to single out one person like Dan, I saw even the top guy's have a moment on the track where they were out of control. There was foul play on and off the track when there didnt need to be. Every team has their weekend where it just does'nt work, but we cant let it beat us up. I do agree on the black flag issue, I think if we can get them in bring it out more, we'd see alot cleaner driving. Over all it was a rough weekend for everyone, but we cant forget, we all need eachother to keep this thing going....
Good to see everyone at glenn hellen I had a rough weekend also broke tie rod end in quilifing on friday. sat broke rear member support.sun morning went to weller camp to get new brackets thankyou weller racing. then stopped by DAN KELLY,S pitt to see if he could do some welding for me he said just bring your car on over and we will fix you up.Thanks to calvin for helping me find all the tools in dans trailer.without dans help i would not have been able to race sun .thanks jimmy for the valve work on my rear shocks. thanks to trevor 747 INC for the new rear fenders.thanks to everyone for being are freinds.

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
There was no doubt there was a ton of contact last weekend. Austin and I hit a couple of times and we were lucky enough to come out ok and we share camps with eachother. Him and I are the last ones to ever hit one another. I know the drivers in the utv callses aren't exactly the best. Even I have a lot to learn. We're getting there though. It's known that us drivers don't do it on purpose because of the chance we could take out ourselves. Cody even said sorry to everyone he hit during saturdays race. Shit happens on the track. Hell, I got taken out by Chad George costing me lots of points and not even finishing the race on saturday. He came up to me after the race and explained it. Yeah I was still pissed and tried to be polite, but it is simply racing. If spotters would have been better it may have been avoided. Maybe not, whatever, whats done is done. Even Cory came in hot into turn four on the inside and hit Cody into me pushing me from first to third place. Neither Cody or I got mad. Sucked at the time but if that is what other driver are gonna due it's going to keep happening. I know in other races i've done the same. A little door to door is gonna happen. Not mad at anybody I had a blast,just gonna start getting ready for speedworld. On the Dan being out of control topic I would like to add that he does have more experience with this kind of power than all of us. Does he drive over his head from time to time. I can't say cause I'm out there with him. I never made contact with him last race.( Guess I was one of the few lucky ones) I do know he has a bad rep though. I think he knows how to take the fast lines out there but other cars are in his way and from the sounds of it he should probabley be more careful. I know for a fact that he was working all weekend with suspension. And from passing him in practice through the rythem section his cars wasn't looking the best it could. It does take time to work out the bugs. Everyone knows to give dan his space. That's the way it is.

Reactions: 2 people

Austin Kimbrell

Monster Energy Kawasaki - UTVUnderground Team Driv
Jan 27, 2009
Arizona ASU
on sunday i only had 2 wheel drive most of the race my front drive shaft broke and thats never good and also a vacuum line broke that went to my motor witch messed my the mapping of my motor so some how after all that i still came away with a 3rd place lol :D

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
All I have to say is its everyone elses fault...if you race a utv at all you should already know to stay away from Dan Kelly. Dan always gets hit too, like in vegas this year we he was hit so hard his transponder came off. You didn't see him go on here and complain about it.

Which brings me to my next thought, transponder always work. When two cars are on the same lap, car one breaks down car two goes a couple corners farther, that means car two has a higher placing. Although when it shows up on the time sheet that car one placed higher then car two. Driver of car one should go over to car two's pit and try to steal the trophy back...talk to a LOORRS offical they'll take care of ya ;)

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
WOW....listening to you guys all I can say is I would neverbe cut out for racing and could never be level headed or friendly about being took out.....YOu guys and Gals are super patient

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I met Dan through racing and he is one of the nicest guys I know.I have raced with him many times and havent had any issues.(I make sure my spotter tells me were he is if he is behind me) I am sure he doesnt hit people on pupose.
I got side swiped by a fellow racer who got sideways in some whoops and when I turned to avoid him I knocked him back straight to continue racing while I rolled 2 times and tore my front supenesion up.He apologized a 100 times and it still sucked, but thats racing.
It doesnt hurt to vent a little though.

Zerofield

Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
I met Dan through racing and he is one of the nicest guys I know.I have raced with him many times and havent had any issues.(I make sure my spotter tells me were he is if he is behind me) I am sure he doesnt hit people on pupose.
I got side swiped by a fellow racer who got sideways in some whoops and when I turned to avoid him I knocked him back straight to continue racing while I rolled 2 times and tore my front supenesion up.He apologized a 100 times and it still sucked, but thats racing.
It doesnt hurt to vent a little though.
EXACTLY!!! Dan is a great guy! He'll help anyone out. If he know it was he's fault he will come over and apologize.

Zerofield

Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
Joey and Rusty great pics and it was good to see you guys again! You going to make it out for snowflake this year?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Screw the pictures. We want to hear people whining, complaining and making more drama!!!

casper694

Wagon Burners - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 10, 2009
ojai CA.
wow those pics are amazing. Thank u JOEY and RUSTY for all of the help this weekend with the photo shoot and interview stuff. this weekend was a lot of fun the track was fast with a lot of rollers ( i hope im not the only one that still feels a little bit beatin up?) but any way i just want to thank everyone for all of there support, of course my Mom and Dad, Wagon Burners Motersports, Funco Motorsports, kawasaki, UTVunderground, C&G, Muzzy, Kal-Gard, Walker Evans Racing, King Shocks, TKunderground, ( sorry i dint no what other color to use hahah) and Fatography.

casper694

Wagon Burners - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 10, 2009
ojai CA.
Thanks for all the pics and recaps Joey and crew! You guys do awesome work, and are always a blast to have some fun with! Congrats to the podium winners, and to Code for his 1st win!!

It was definitely a rough weekend for me. I slid into the concrete wall in turn one on saturday, hitting the front and rear tires, and nerf bars. Broke all sorts of stuff, and even moved the drivetrain over a good amount.

Then on sunday, starting in last, i was able to pass 3 or 4 cars by the end of the "un-rhythm" section, and while on the very inside line in turn 3, Dan Kelly came from the far outside line straight into my front tire just before the apex of the turn, ripping off the front wheel. After watching my in car video, if he didn't hit me, he would have ended up cutting the corner too short and going up the berm on the inside, but the knock straightened him out, and sent me across the track with another broken front end. It just sucks to know there is another guy on the track that is always out of control, and wreaking havoc. I have heard from just about everyone that has raced on the track with him, that he is always out of control, and to be cautious with him. I was trying my hardest to give him plenty of room because the last thing i wanted was to make contact with him or get any where close. But that wasn't enough. He came out of nowhere. Very frustrating to not even be able to make a complete lap last weekend. And the worst part was, he gets out of his car after the race talking to his spotter saying that Corry and I hit him. Then 10 minutes later he walks over, and asks me what happend. After I explained to him that he hit me, he says straight to my face, "Oh yeah, I felt that." and walked off. Pretty bad sportsmanship if you ask me. He just needs to take it down a notch. In my opinion, he is driving beyond his means, and taking out other racers in the process. There isn't one other driver in the UTV class that drives the way he does. Its too bad. But that is what racing is all about.. Gotta take the bad with the good!

G-
wow not to butt in on all of this talking but dan was driving on my bumper i do that a lot just watch the second round in utah its called setting up for the conner and getting the car infront of u out of the way. i have been racing with dan for 2 years now and i have never had a problem on the track with him. to me its funny that u can talk bad about dan when u spun out and drove straight in to my door but its all good it is racing it happens stop complaining about bumping, i want to c u race super stock like i did back in the day now thats bumping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000