Kawasaki UTVGuide.net's Race Teryx

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
This Teryx started off as a project for the King of the Hammers race last winter:

Then I added Funco Long travel, changed a few other things and raced in VORRA at Prairie City:

Now it is stripped down to the frame for some serious changes!

Going for a full-on welded cage with boat sides for the rocks. Fuel cell and radiator in the back. Hopefully some longer 8" shocks, and then some performance goodies. Plan to do King of the Hammers again and also some VORRA races (short course and desert). Might try to make it transformable so I can do some playing as well.

I will update this post as progress occurs. Should be a unique build.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
A little bit of progress to report.

First off, I am switching to a 2009 EFI engine. It is up at Muzzys right now. Doing a 840cc kit with large valve heads and large throttle bodies. I actually got to meet Rob Muzzy over at Infineon Raceway a few weeks back when I dropped the engine off. Rob is a super cool guy and sure knows his stuff when it comes to Kawasaki. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!

Next I am going with a set of longer shocks from Fox Racing Shox. These will have their new bottom-out cups built in.

Here are a few pictures of the chassis:

Attachments

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
A little bit of progress to report.

First off, I am switching to a 2009 EFI engine. It is up at Muzzys right now. Doing a 840cc kit with large valve heads and large throttle bodies. I actually got to meet Rob Muzzy over at Infineon Raceway a few weeks back when I dropped the engine off. Rob is a super cool guy and sure knows his stuff when it comes to Kawasaki. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!

Next I am going with a set of longer shocks from Fox Racing Shox. These will have their new bottom-out cups built in.

Here are a few pictures of the chassis:
Rob Muzzy is a great guy , His staff is just as cool as he is. Before we brought or motor program in house we had Muzzy doing our engines. Last years results are a testament to the quality . We both knew there was more power to be had then we were running last year . And other guys had more and were claiming to have more power.Bottomline is we never had a motor issue and the other guys did !!

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Things have been real slow but they are about to kick into high gear. I just received shocks last night. Fox's new bottom out cup technology in both the front and rear. Front are 8.5" travel and the rears are 10". Muzzy's will be done with my 2009 840cc engine and will deliver it at the Dune Tour.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
we have been running these same shocks in our Race Teryx for a good six months now. They are an incredible shock. With the internal bottom out cup technology it gives a whole new feeling to the ride. Joey is right when he says it's like having a bump stop built into the shock. They have a tapered sleeve on the end of the piston that reduces the force of impact in the last inch or so of shock travel. They are designed to keep you from getting those hard bottom out compression hits(the ones you can feel through your spine for the rest of the day).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000