UTV World Championship Race Schedule / Details / Updates

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Can we just find out where it is? ... I assuming if you have it...its available somewhere... I asked Joey with no response. If nothing else I guess I will need to borrow it from you Johnny.
If I had it I would post it. Thats a BITD thing, not a promotor thing. I am slightly busy with putting the race together.. I would direct all RACE related issues to BITD. You know I will help when and where I can.

pgarfinkle

Jan 30, 2015
We had a blast at this race.

I know it was the inaugural event and there are some things to be worked out but for how huge you guys went it was an impressive first year.

Does anyone have a list of the media that were present for the race?

Last edited:

donjulpax

Nov 29, 2014
2015-utv-world-championship-production-race-photos-vincent-knakal-utvunderground_com093.jpg Joey and Jake,
Just a few comments. Thanks to all the volunteers and others who put this event on. I had many friends and family who tried to listen to the event live and were unable. Maybe next time try to do some type online interaction to keep them engaged and provide a better connection. 2nd I think the tech should have been changed where the cars were lined up and the inspectors did their thing and this would also allow for drivers, fans etc. to mingle and get to know each other a little more and as the cars departed they could check transponders ( Toilets would have been nice ). 3rd the poker run was a fail from my point. The sign up, time on course were unsat. I felt the majority of us who participated in it were expecting more from it. I would focus a lot of energy on it next time. Poker Runs hold a lot of potential for crews, family and enthusiasts. Poker runs can be so much more.
The Race..... IT WAS AWSOME. Yes it was dusty rough and hard on parts. I would do it again. Track was fast and fun. I was never worried about the start and thought it worked great. For a first time event it gets a 7 out of 10. Thank you for this event. GREAT JOB !!!!!
Driver of the 925
Don
http://centraloregonracepark.com/ hope to see you there

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeyD23

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
View attachment 10912 Joey and Jake,
Just a few comments. Thanks to all the volunteers and others who put this event on. I had many friends and family who tried to listen to the event live and were unable. Maybe next time try to do some type online interaction to keep them engaged and provide a better connection. 2nd I think the tech should have been changed where the cars were lined up and the inspectors did their thing and this would also allow for drivers, fans etc. to mingle and get to know each other a little more and as the cars departed they could check transponders ( Toilets would have been nice ). 3rd the poker run was a fail from my point. The sign up, time on course were unsat. I felt the majority of us who participated in it were expecting more from it. I would focus a lot of energy on it next time. Poker Runs hold a lot of potential for crews, family and enthusiasts. Poker runs can be so much more.
The Race..... IT WAS AWSOME. Yes it was dusty rough and hard on parts. I would do it again. Track was fast and fun. I was never worried about the start and thought it worked great. For a first time event it gets a 7 out of 10. Thank you for this event. GREAT JOB !!!!!
Driver of the 925
Don
http://centraloregonracepark.com/ hope to see you there
" I had many friends and family who tried to listen to the event live and were unable. Maybe next time try to do some type online interaction to keep them engaged and provide a better connection."

I worked on the radio project. I agree with you. We will have a secure SAT connection next year and some form of chat ability. Sorry for the connection issues.

"3rd the poker run was a fail from my point. The sign up, time on course were unsat. I felt the majority of us who participated in it were expecting more from it. I would focus a lot of energy on it next time. Poker Runs hold a lot of potential for crews, family and enthusiasts. Poker runs can be so much more."

This was our first time working with BLM on this type of thing. We learned a lot and will go into 2016 ready. One thing I would say is "Pre-register for 2016". This will help a lot. 14 miles is a very short course to pack 120 machines on. I am not sure what you mean by "time on course." This was not intended to be a "prerun. This was a way for racers and their families to get out and see the course and be part of the event. I can tell you from POV it was rad. My kids thought it was so cool to be on the race course. My 6 year old was cheering the whole time. I pulled to the side many times to let people by and dust to clear. We had 120 UTV's enter the poker run. Imagine the dust if all 120 machines were on the course at once or allowed to go around twice. It will get better. Thanks for coming out and taking in the first UTV World Championship.

Reactions: JoeyD23

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
Poker Run & Contingency observations:

Contingency: Outstanding display by so many vendors, however, when I went through there around 3pm it seemed a lot of them were just standing around waiting for the public to come by. Maybe more notice should be given to the locals that they are welcome in the area to get great deals and see the race vehicles up close.

Poker Run: During Friday mornings Poker registration I heard a number of the general public and race teams complain that they were told the limit of 55 vehicles was achieved and no more would be accepted. Lots of grumbling in the long line. They all left very unhappy and were gone when someone announced the 55 limit was lifted and everyone could go. Very unfortunate for the public especially what with your overall efforts to tie this even in with the community.

I'm sure next year will be better and overall I thought it was a very good event....even though we (#1917) had a very tough race day. Four broken axles........and we haven't had one of those in over a year!

donjulpax

Nov 29, 2014
Rusty,
I should have been more clear. Time on course meaning . Have check points with a real card draw and some type of quick activity for kids, family and crews. Interaction and fun is key to keeping this sport alive. Again thanks to all. UTV Underground is going in the right direction Thank You

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Rusty,
I should have been more clear. Time on course meaning . Have check points with a real card draw and some type of quick activity for kids, family and crews. Interaction and fun is key to keeping this sport alive. Again thanks to all. UTV Underground is going in the right direction Thank You
Noted, thanks for the feedback. Cant wait for 2016. Till then come check out The MINT 400 in a couple weeks.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Poker Run & Contingency observations:

Contingency: Outstanding display by so many vendors, however, when I went through there around 3pm it seemed a lot of them were just standing around waiting for the public to come by. Maybe more notice should be given to the locals that they are welcome in the area to get great deals and see the race vehicles up close.

Poker Run: During Friday mornings Poker registration I heard a number of the general public and race teams complain that they were told the limit of 55 vehicles was achieved and no more would be accepted. Lots of grumbling in the long line. They all left very unhappy and were gone when someone announced the 55 limit was lifted and everyone could go. Very unfortunate for the public especially what with your overall efforts to tie this even in with the community.

I'm sure next year will be better and overall I thought it was a very good event....even though we (#1917) had a very tough race day. Four broken axles........and we haven't had one of those in over a year!
The 55 Limit thing sucked for us when we heard that the morning of the Poker run. We went into immediate action to find the BLM and get them to change their limit back, which they did. It sucked they did that to us.

As for letting the local / public know about the event.. We spent a ton of money running radio ads in Las Vegas, Laughlin, Bullhead City and in Havasu. We also ran print ads in all the local papers and magazines. We worked with city officials for months as well. We did all we could minus billboards and TV commercials.

donjulpax

Nov 29, 2014
Rusty and Joey,
Will there ever be a condensed version of the race on tv or available on line for us to view.
Thanks Don

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
The 55 Limit thing sucked for us when we heard that the morning of the Poker run. We went into immediate action to find the BLM and get them to change their limit back, which they did. It sucked they did that to us.

As for letting the local / public know about the event.. We spent a ton of money running radio ads in Las Vegas, Laughlin, Bullhead City and in Havasu. We also ran print ads in all the local papers and magazines. We worked with city officials for months as well. We did all we could minus billboards and TV commercials.
Joey,
You did your best to get the word out and I commend you and your organization. Murray Racing had a blast and look forward to next years event!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000