UTV World Championship Race Schedule / Details / Updates

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Harrahs is the host hotel but Tropicana have some sick rates for the weekend!!

Here are some room rates from the Tropicana Hotel for the UTV World Championship for Feb 19-21 2015

Guests can call our Reservation Department 7 days a week from 7am – 10pm at 800-343-4533 prior to the February 6th cutoff date. They will need to reference group # 20255 or “UTV World Championshipâ€. Rates are based on single or double occupancy and do not include the 12% room tax.

Classic room rates:
Thursday 2/19 $29.99
Friday 2/20 $57.99
Saturday 2/21 $65.99
Sunday 2/22 $29.99

Resort room rates:
Thursday 2/19 $33.99
Friday 2/20 $67.99
Saturday 2/21 $75.99
Sunday 2/22 $33.99

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Official info for Harrahs:

UTVunderground.com is proud to announce Harrah’s Laughlin as host hotel for the Polaris RZR UTV World Chanpionship!

Harrah’s will host drivers registration, awards party and more!

You can reserve your rooms online here:

http://www.totalrewards.com/hotel-reservations?propCode=LAU&groupCode=S02GGM5

Of call 866-781-9572, be sure to use the group code (S02GGM5) to get your discounted rooms.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I spoke to the boss at BITD yesterday. He said he does not want to create a safety concern in the start of this race. But he cant tell us all exactly how the start will work until he knows the amount of entries he will be dealing with.

Once he has the entry count or close to it, he will finalize the row width and how many rows. He will not throw a 50 car wide start at us. There will be a certain # of cars wide and a certain # of rows, all on corrected time. The start will be a straight way followed by some slight turns while it breaks out onto the main course.

I am hoping for no more than 10 cars wide per row.

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
At the rage at the river race, they started with 3 cars wide and corrected time. it was about a 1/4 mile drag race and every start was clean. It was a good setup, but I dont see there being any more room for a 4th car.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
I have noticed that there is no accommodations made for the handicapped. Yes, we do race. Also basing the starting order at the Mint on this race is not fair. Period.
This race is not even close to a true desert race, and should not be included in year end points for BITD.

Again, my main concern is for those that have walking problems and the like.

My 2 cents.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have noticed that there is no accommodations made for the handicapped. Yes, we do race. Also basing the starting order at the Mint on this race is not fair. Period.
This race is not even close to a true desert race, and should not be included in year end points for BITD.

My 2 cents.

There are a few handicapped racers. One that stands out is Tanner Godfrey. He races WORCS and he will be at the UTV World Championship race.

http://vimeo.com/71616627

Can you tell me what your looking for? What accommodations do you need?

This starting order will not be based on last years MINT 400 finish.

This race is very much a desert race. This 14 mile loop packs a punch. If the finishing rate a super high (which it won't be) you may have an argument. But as of now this course has been a part of off road racing for many, many years. The most notable organization to use this venue was SCORE. Some of the most memorable events in off road happened at the Laughlin race.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xrxm0GhKp8

I disagree. This is a great event for the points. New course = fun, TV package = great exposure, Big Competition = insane racing and if it all goes south for you..... Use your mulligan and throw it out. Did I mention if you win you get a brand new 2015 RZR XP1000????

GOLF CART DORK.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

My 2 cents.

Not sure if serious?

There is no benefit if you can or can't walk here. Everyone starts the race IN the car, seated and strapped in. This is not a dead engine start like a motorcycle.

And like Rusty said, this is very much a desert race. This course is used by SNORE to this day for the famed Rage At The River event and was used by SCORE for years. Our course will be different however but same area / course in general.

We will do a land rush but like I have said from day 1 it will be safe and accommodating, no one wants to cause chaos but I do want a race that challenges everyone. Not the same old bullshit you are going to get at every race at every organization all year long. I hate to hear that people are scared or complaining or not willing to challenge themselves in fear of tangling tires or maybe not getting an EASY start like the other rounds. We want to create something special, something that draws attention and respect to our class. Let's show what these machines can do that others can't. You could never land rush start a TT or Class 1 class due to size. You also couldn't run them into MX style infield.

This race is about showcasing UTVs and in return there are some amazing prizes as well as TV time up for grabs! Embrace some change and challenge and let's show this sport what UTVs can do.

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Thank you for your response. Frenchy might be doing this race..he is old. Is age a handicap? NO. But if I were in this race..I would not be able to do this sort of event due to my occasional need for my cane? I am glad to hear that there will be accommodation's. Any assistance will be pm'ed or emailed.

Again, thank you for your reassurance Joey.

:)

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
This isn't the first BITD race to do a land rush start. The Blue Water Grand Prix in Parker was a landrush start for all classes and that first and second corner were really tight for 13 cars back then.

The start finish area in Laughlin is huge in comparison and should be great for the racers and fans as it funnels down.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
This isn't the first BITD race to do a land rush start. The Blue Water Grand Prix in Parker was a landrush start for all classes and that first and second corner were really tight for 13 cars back then.

The start finish area in Laughlin is huge in comparison and should be great for the racers and fans as it funnels down.
The man. The myth. The legend. Has spoken.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Thank the lord! Lasher is back!

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
So great to have companies jumping on board left and right to sponsor the UTV World Championships!

Glad to welcome UTVinc:

You know it wouldn't be the same without Method Race Wheels!

Were also proud to have Tensor Tire as a sponsor.

Another tire company jumping onboard, GBC Motorsports

Arizona West Powersports just recently signed on as well, look out for them at contingency!

Phew, just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Rugged radios has jumped in the fray! Glad to have you guys onboard!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
This will be one of the best UTV races in 2015! The underground has unleashed the beast in Laughlin, NV.
The best racers around the world will be there even the USA dream team!

#FANTASYUTV'SDESERT?
#FANTASYUTV'SSHORTCOURSE?

Polaris OR Can-Am????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000