UTV World Championship Race Schedule / Details / Updates

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Land Rush starts have been happening in UTV races for a LONG time. Maybe not in desert but it has been happening and it has been happening with minimal contact and carnage.
LMMFAO are you serous!!!! EVERY WORC's race I have ever been to at least 3 cars are upside down in the first corner. We stopped racing WORC's because of the carnage.

I get it....something different. I get it....something exciting.... I bet if you polled the entire Desert field no one wants a land rush start. The only thing exciting about a land rush is spectating the carnage. From a desert racing standpoint its not exciting. Save that mess for short course.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
as an upcoming newbie, my opinion wont count much, but I don't really like the idea either.so the way I see it I will be the one who lets them go .I figure atleast 4 will be out of the race at turn 1 LOL.and hopefully they wont gridlock the first turn so ican get by and do my best to play catch up.dont really have my eyes on winning a new rzrz(although it would be nice). I will be going just to keep the points and be in the top 10 or so for the mint

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We did land rush starts at the first CORR races, TORC still does, many other UTV races we have done has them. My only request is a damp track and plenty of room at the first turn. Practice, strategy and patience are key. The only turn I care about being out in front is the final one.
Will we be running transponders?

That is the plan!! Yes on transponders

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
LMMFAO are you serous!!!! EVERY WORC's race I have ever been to at least 3 cars are upside down in the first corner. We stopped racing WORC's because of the carnage.

I get it....something different. I get it....something exciting.... I bet if you polled the entire Desert field no one wants a land rush start. The only thing exciting about a land rush is spectating the carnage. From a desert racing standpoint its not exciting. Save that mess for short course.

Dead serious. I've been to 1 or 2 worcs races and have seen clean land rush starts. Plenty of clean starts actually. The races with the most carnage are usually the races with the tightest and quickest turn / track entry. Do you think we are planning to set you up for carnage? Have some faith and at least give us some time to show you the course before you fully decide to wear a skirt instead of your fire suit... ;)

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
I do feel that with that many cars that someone or a few will start their cars before the green flag drops and be able to get a better chance at the hole shot......

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
JoeyD, 17 mile loops will make for some serious visibility problems. I just hope you guys are taking that into account.

The Pure series that had a 25 mile loop was a big dust bowl, very serious visibility issues.

I just hope you guys are thinking about that as well. Racing wont be too fun to watch if everyone has to run half pace because they cant see crap. Even if the entire course gets watered before the race starts, it will only take 2 or 3 laps for that to dry out.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Why does Score, Snore, More & BITD start all classes in 30 sec intervals?

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Maybe we should put the cars that are actually racing the entire BITD season for points in front and all the others that are just racing this race in another row. I trust the guys I race with every race not wad my junk up. I don't trust the guys coming out to try to get on TV or win a RZR.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I think everyone just needs to relax and embrace some different formatting a bit. If it sucks we will change it for the following year. I happen to think there will be minimal carnage. We aren't going to force everyone into a hard 90 in like 100ft. It may just land rush you into a mile long strait away. Just lets see how the course layout is and try it. Who knows, you all might enjoy the rush you get. I know we all will instead of seeing that boring desert race start we get at every other race.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
My concern is that those who are not in the race cars on the race course, do not completely understand all the dynamics. Even those who mark the course, really don't understand the dynamics unless they are racing at least a couple times a year to comprehend how things have progressed and understand the race pace. For example the Pure series marking is terrible, every race. If that person marking would get out there at race speed every once and a while, there would be a whole new understanding of how bad there marking is. Bitd does a really good job at marking, but if someone in the high ups was out there racing a bike or quad or utv, say a few years ago, then i would bet that splitting utvs away from the bikes would have happened at least a couple years ago. We are lucky no serious incident between bike and utv has happened.

Reactions: 1 person

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Like Joey Said "It will be fine" "just deal with it" "everyone will live" some Tard might punt you"

lol this is some good shit .. I don't give a shit how you start us I just wana race.. ;)

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Can we race Yet! I have been down here in Laughlin for two weeks practicing my land race start but yet to get my car started. Oh no, no new RZR for me. :eek: Well on he serious note where the heck do the fast guys sign up!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Can we race Yet! I have been down here in Laughlin for two weeks practicing my land race start but yet to get my car started. Oh no, no new RZR for me. :eek: Well on he serious note where the heck do the fast guys sign up!
Why you asking for the fast guys. We already did. You should start asking around where you can sign up for second place!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000