UTV World Championship Race Schedule / Details / Updates

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
JoeyD on the Pro Production UTV Championship Race will factory turbo Mavericks be allowed in this race? I know they have been allowed to race in BITD this year.

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013

UTVUnderground.com Announces Polaris RZR as Title Sponsor of the UTV World Championship

A new Polaris RZR XP1000 to be given to the winner of the desert and short course races!

December 11th – 2014 San Diego, CA – UTVUnderground.com today announced that Polaris RZR will be the title sponsor of the first-annual UTV World Championship, to take place in Laughlin, Nevada, February 19-21. This exciting, new event will feature two world championship UTV races including a Best In The Desert Championship points race, and a short course / motocross style Production UTV Championship race. In addition to the growing prize purses and contingency cash, Polaris RZR will be awarding the winner of both Championship races a brand new Polaris RZR XP1000! More prizes will be announced as the race weekend draws near.

“We are thrilled to have Polaris RZR as our title sponsor. They believe in our vision of bringing all forms of UTV racing together for one epic championship event! Providing new Polaris RZR XP 1000s for the winners of the two pro classes is huge,” stated UTVUnderground.com CEO/Founder Joey “Joey D.” DiGiovanni.

The four-day event format will feature one, full day of racing, contingency and tech in downtown Laughlin, along with demo and enthusiast rides, and a business-to-business UTV industry summit. The UTV World Championship is part of The Best in The Desert (BITD) Off-Road Racing Association series and will be marketed, co-produced and covered for television by motorsports media heavyweights, Mad Media. The format will bring together UTV desert racing, UTV motocross style short-course racing and enthusiast rides, into one massive multi-day event on the edge of the Colorado River. The event will also be a showcase for UTV manufacturers and aftermarket manufacturing companies. Enthusiasts and racers will be able to pre-run the racecourse in stock UTVs during the “Family Fun Poker Run.”

“Polaris RZR is actively shaping the UTV culture and we feel this event will help grow and showcase that culture worldwide,” said Jason DiFuccia, director of Marketing for Polaris Off-Road Vehicles. “We look forward to building this event with all of the partners, sponsors, racers and enthusiasts over the next few years.”

Along with displaying several of their off-road vehicles and accessories including the industry flagship Polaris RZR XP1000 and the revolutionary Polaris ACE, Polaris will be hosting RZR Demo Rides so those attending can test-drive the most thrilling and exciting sport UTV on the market.

For more information go to:
http://www.utvunderground.com/utv-world-championship

For racer registration go to:
http://www.bitd.com/best-in-the-des...ip/item/73-gpr-laughlin-ushs-information.html

For booth registration for to:
http://shop.utvunderground.com/products/utv-world-championship-booth-space

For sponsorship information:
Matt Martelli – [email protected]

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Since this will be UTV only (bikes & quads separate) it would be cool if they would allow a 1 race exception to the BITD rule book and allow Lucas/WORCS legal cars to run in the desert section like SCORE did at the IV250. Not sure how many racers want to deal with that level of abuse though.

It would be cool to run the desert course.
We discussed this Doug but we don't want to do this here because we don't want to open up an unfair pre run advantage. Even though the desert loop is 17miles you still do all the 6miles of the production race course.

With that said part of our meeting was about offering a stock UTV class at a couple of BITD races this year. First one may be the Parker 250
Keep us updated on that please!

If your car meets any of the Production class rules at worcs or classes at lucas oil regionals then your car will fit in the production race at the UTVWC.

BITD desert class rules are posted at BITD.com and are a sticky thread in the Desert Racing section of the UTVUnderground.com forum.

Thanks for the clarification. We are / will be 100% in line with the WORCS rules - and a long way from the BITD desert rules. Either way we will be there.

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
It will only cause damage if everyone starts running into each other. Everyone is going to have to be on their toes for this one. No relaxed 2 man battle down through some slow bermed turns. This is a race from start to finish and the fans are going to love it. You don't have to go for the hole shot if you're scared of bumping into someone. Let the pack go and do your work in the desert. But don't cry if the guy who gets out front checks out or puts big time between you and all the other UTVs.
But if this determines the start of the Mint, it kind of screws us that are not proficient at land rush starts. If wait and let them all go...... Oh well I guess we see how it plays out :)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
But if this determines the start of the Mint, it kind of screws us that are not proficient at land rush starts. If wait and let them all go...... Oh well I guess we see how it plays out :)

Look at the Brightside. No one in BITD is proficient at Land Rush Starts. It's everyone's first time.

One thing anyone in WORCS will tell you is as long as everyone holds their lines it works out fine. Drag race to and then once you realize you aren't going to make it first you check up. Let the other guys battle into the first turn or into the pinch and then sometimes those who check up are able to sneak right by when the guys in front tangle.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I hope the start straight for the bitd races is watered good like a worcs start straight other wise the dust will cause carnage.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
This land rush start was tried at a pure race this last season and all 30 or 40 teams in the drivers meeting asked and nearly unanimously voted for a regular 2x2 every 30 second start. I understand it might make good tv, but 1 turn will probably be a huge mess.

There is no way they will have people start outside the car. As there will be people who sacrifice safety to get up front with no belts on or safety equipment on correctly.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This land rush start was tried at a pure race this last season and all 30 or 40 teams in the drivers meeting asked and nearly unanimously voted for a regular 2x2 every 30 second start. I understand it might make good tv, but 1 turn will probably be a huge mess.

There is no way they will have people start outside the car. As there will be people who sacrifice safety to get up front with no belts on or safety equipment on correctly.

No one is starting outside of the car. Racers will be belted in and staged then engines shut off. As the green flag drops racers will fire their engines and go.

This is done all over the world. Everyone will live. It will make great TV, it will also shake up the entire start and first lap of the race and it will be entertaining for fans.

Here is what I can promise; there will be 6 other races next season that will start 2x2 every :30. We are only asking the drivers to man up for one race this year and do something different. The prize is worth it!

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
No one is starting outside of the car. Racers will be belted in and staged then engines shut off. As the green flag drops racers will fire their engines and go.

For every 5 pounds the driving team is over 400. They get a 1 car head start.
I like that part!!!!!!!!!!!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Land rush is Wack! I bet there is 40+ UTV's there. How are you guys planning in starting 40 wide? Then to boot its not even you that will take you out, its the back setter that dont know when to lift that creams you from behind that is going to end you day. Then you get a DNF that can blow your whole season. You will have guys coming out of the wood works trying to win a RZR that dont give a rats ass about racing another desert race that will bone a guy for the entire season.....all over pleasing the spectators.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Its not all over pleasing spectators. Its how we want this race to be different. You get a RZR if you win this race.. you are going to have to earn it.

WORCS guys do land rush starts EVERY SINGLE RACE! Sure some guys take each other out, but 99% make it through just fine. Don't over think this thing.. lol The Desert guys are big boys, you guys will be just fine. Like I said, think of a strategy. You all know, desert races aren't won in the first corner let alone first lap. If you are scared of contact then check up and chase everyone down.

I don't want this race to be every single other desert race. UTVs are capable of way more than what we show thats why this race will also have jumps. Lets show what these cars are capable of. We are one of the only classes in desert racing outside of bikes and quads that are even small enough to perform land rush. Just because we never do it doesn't mean it isn't awesome!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
yes! Pro UTVs will be staged first. I am not 100% sure of exactly how many cars we will get SXS as that will depend on how / when casey lasy out the start area. He is confident he can get a lot in a row. What that number is exactly I am currently unsure of. However, it was discussed that we would stage the vheicles by row, we will still draw for where you line up in the row/s. From there Pro UTV will go first, then Unlimited and sportsman classes.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
i can see that working then. i think everyone was thinking an all at once free for all of 50 utv's. a start like that was sketchy on bikes when i use to race the district 37 races, couldn't image 50 utv's going at once.
will you be able to practice the start and pick your place on the line or is it assigned as you pull up?

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Its not all over pleasing spectators. Its how we want this race to be different. You get a RZR if you win this race.. you are going to have to earn it.

WORCS guys do land rush starts EVERY SINGLE RACE! Sure some guys take each other out, but 99% make it through just fine. Don't over think this thing.. lol The Desert guys are big boys, you guys will be just fine. Like I said, think of a strategy. You all know, desert races aren't won in the first corner let alone first lap. If you are scared of contact then check up and chase everyone down.

I don't want this race to be every single other desert race. UTVs are capable of way more than what we show thats why this race will also have jumps. Lets show what these cars are capable of. We are one of the only classes in desert racing outside of bikes and quads that are even small enough to perform land rush. Just because we never do it doesn't mean it isn't awesome!
Winning a razor is enough motivation for a rookie that is a one race wonder to risk wrecking my new car or the whole field 4 weeks before the Mint. I stopped racing the Pure Series to race BITD for these same kinds of reasons. I got out of dirt oval racing for the same reason, I was tired of fixing my car every week for some guy that was driving way over his head. This aint Nascar with mega sponsors and car owners with Drivers that are checkers or wreckers at every race, I put alot of money and sweat equity into this new car of mine to gamble on a land rush start for some TV show boat action. I enjoy racing and want to make my equipment last for a while. It's not cheap to build this stuff. Our cars are wider and longer then WORCS guys and like you said they do it every race.

What will the dust cloud look like as we enter turn one from lets say 15 or 20 position if there are 40 cars? I'm already not excited about 10 - 17 mile laps. I have done that at the Pure races and its sucks.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
This isn't the PURE series and we will have a watered start area.. Don't psyche yourself out..

We couldn't have qualifying, this is the next best way to mix it up, award you a RZR amongst a lot of other prizes and awards as well as give you a potential solid starting position for the Mint 400. I refuse to let this race just be another Parker 250 or BWDC. We are limited on length of laps, we are going to make this one fun, different, exciting and challenging.

Land Rush starts have been happening in UTV races for a LONG time. Maybe not in desert but it has been happening and it has been happening with minimal contact and carnage. We want to host a race that challenges the drivers and the machines. Laughlin is a fast and fun race course. We are not encouraging carnage whatsoever, but we are giving everyone a fair chance to get to the front.

Again, desert races are not won in the first corner or first lap. If you are worried about contact in the land rush then check up and chase down the pack. I suggest everyone try to find some video of WORCS and GNCC where UTVs land rush every single race and study up. Its usually about being quick and holding your line. You have to trust the other drivers. You can't fix stupid and their is always the chance some other tard is going to punt you, but reality is, that same tard can punt you wherever and whenever anyway.

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
We did land rush starts at the first CORR races, TORC still does, many other UTV races we have done has them. My only request is a damp track and plenty of room at the first turn. Practice, strategy and patience are key. The only turn I care about being out in front is the final one.
Will we be running transponders?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000