UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I think the top 10 cars from each race should start land rush style the next race. Remove the time element on the front runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SimsMotorsports

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I think the top 10 cars from each race should start land rush style the next race. Remove the time element on the front runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if your serious but I'd be in favor of top 5 not 10. And the others go every 30 seconds? Oh what about the nerfing rule? Haha!

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Pretty much all the N/A cars are non factory this year, all the factory guys went to the Turbo class.

That is not entirely true look at the 1900 pre entry and the sponsors listed I know one maybe two for sure with factory backing or support. On another note congrats to everyone who podiumed, this course was fast and had no room for error or down time.

Reactions: JoeyD23

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I tried CST and got about as many flats. I have yet to flat with Moto Tire and it took me a while to be talked into using them. Like Mark Queen said they need to be broken in just to round off the knobs but after 20 miles they are the best tire out there imo. ITP was good and loved the Tensor but this tire run flat Kevlar sidewall is worth the money. That said, I'm glad more racers in my class aren't running them.

Pballistic

Aug 30, 2016
I tried CST and got about as many flats. I have yet to flat with Moto Tire and it took me a while to be talked into using them. Like Mark Queen said they need to be broken in just to round off the knobs but after 20 miles they are the best tire out there imo. ITP was good and loved the Tensor but this tire run flat Kevlar sidewall is worth the money. That said, I'm glad more racers in my class aren't running them.
I haven't ran desert races, so it's hard to say for that perspective... But I ran Duros last season in short course and testing on the rocky trail by my shop that I assume is very close to desert racing. Over sharp jagged rocks pounding the piss out of the Duro Frontiers and I only used one set all season. I never got a flat and they completely blew away the low expectations I had for them.

I know you guys put as many miles on in one race as I do all my races combined, I get that. But I went into my partnership with Duro reluctantly knowing how I have destroyed MAXXIS Bighorns in the first 10 miles of desert/mountain running in eastern Oregon on the rocks and running a season of TORC the tires held up far beyond my wildest imagination.

I'm looking to run Tensor's this year hopefully but if it doesn't work out, I will run the Duros without thinking twice if I had to.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
[QUOTE="Pballistic, post: 200371
I'm looking to run Tensor's this year hopefully but if it doesn't work out, I will run the Duros without thinking twice if I had to.[/QUOTE]

You'll like the Tensor if you like a more square tire. Completely different feel than the more rounded ITP Ultra cross.....

Pballistic

Aug 30, 2016
[QUOTE="Pballistic, post: 200371
I'm looking to run Tensor's this year hopefully but if it doesn't work out, I will run the Duros without thinking twice if I had to.
You'll like the Tensor if you like a more square tire. Completely different feel than the more rounded ITP Ultra cross.....[/QUOTE]
ITP won't give me more than a support deal and I would run the ultra crosses but I can get everything else cheaper...

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
My Maxxis Liberties are amazing.........I don't worry about rocks or pinch/flats with those tires.

Reactions: Pballistic

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
for those of you gettting flats look into the EFX Motohammer I havent got a flat racing in two years no joke and I ran the same 4 tires as a test last year in the utvworldchampionship, mint400 and barstow race just saying

fesco70

Nov 6, 2015
Does anyone run Tire Blocks?
I know they work but do people think that they add to much weight?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Shameless promoters we all are.....it's a miracle these companies sell more than 4 tires to a customer in their lifetime...:)

I'm looking at running a wagon wheel for the mint.......they don't ever flat we ran them when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pballistic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000