All UTV's UTV Shock Brands?

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
Walker Evans hands down. Great company , plenty of testing and design into the shocks. Super happy with the way they work on my 2 seat 900 and extremely predictable

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Fox in my book!
Excellent support, even trackside at a lot of races in a lot of series.
Innovating constantly, wait till you see what is coming next for the xp1000

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I like to keep it simple...let the manufacturer do all the testing and all I need to do is bolt them on. On Rhinos, back in the day, Bilstein and W.E. Did a great job at this for the everyday riders. Now days it seems Fox and W.E. Are the go to brands. Other manufacturers make great shocks, but you may need to do your own testing and adjustments to dial them in. I went with the Fox RC2 2.0s on my last RZR and they were awesome out of the box. I understand for best performance every shock needs dialed to a specific car, weight, driver, driving style. That said I think You can't go wrong with Fox, King, W.E., etc....for quality...but for ease of setup I think W.E. and Fox have made it easy. To get you close to perfect in a bolt shock that may need a click here or there and a little preload adjustment.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Fox on both my rides because that's what they came with! Whoops, I forgot I've also got Fox on the front of my super duty and Kings on the back. Fox on the front cause that's what came with a lift kit, and Kings on the back because I just had them laying around.

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
You didn't mention Bandit Shocks which I just purchased for my RZR 570. I haven't tested them yet but I'll let you know my results.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
ADS Shocks.... http://www.adsmach.com/ They are the guys that more and more of the TT/Class 1 big dollar racers are turning to...You will see their trailer at BITD/SCORE/KOH etc races providing support on par if not exceeding KING etc...they are dedicated to providing a superior product and support not only to the BIG $ teams... but to the serious 4x4/offroader.

They are building custom Shocks for Polaris, Can Am and Artic Cat...and can any handle most any other application

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
X2 on ADS:D Great shocks with great support! ADS supports lots of local racers as well as some big teams. This means lots of R&D so the rec. rider gets a top quality product without the big company markup!

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
fox, (cognito fox). hands down .i spent plenty on other well known brands and this has been the best for me.and with the cognito support makes them even better.thanks cognito.looking forward to getting your name out in the desert even more this coming season.TONY

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Walker Evans Racing Shocks. Excellent quality, support, and technology (needle shocks). Made in Riverside California and not overseas. They made you 'go faster and jump higher,' :D

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
Fox.
Great support and a great product, I have them on my bike UTV and truck. Very familiar with the piston and valving setups.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Man, the most proven and successful shocks in off road racing history doesn't even make the list. Bilstein simply revolutionized the sport with their shock technology. Guess enough of you have not had the pleasure of experiencing them. Have packages for the XP900 XP4900 and soon...........?
Mark

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
I'm just not familiar with the digressive or dished pistons that some of the Bilsteins use. That and the don't have a lot of support for the UTV market

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I have worked with King, Fox, and Elka through race teams and they are all high quality shocks. I was the most impressed with Kings ability to tune their shocks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000