All UTV's UTV Off Road Electrical and Wiring

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Ok so I did the best I could with my wiring as a mock up until I had everything that I wanted wired. I believe that I have just about everything I am going to want on a switch for now so I am thinking about rewiring my car 100% tits. More thasn likely I will end up paying one of the professionals at All German Motorsports but I am curious what some of your wireing jobs look like and what your tips and tricks may be.

Some things I am curious about are:

-Grounding Blocks, Fusing Blocks, and Relays and how they are used?

-What size Wire for what and what colors do you use to help organize the wiring?

-What types of connectors, crimps, and heat shrink do you prefer?

-do you have any wiring diagrams? Post em up or attach them

if you guys think of anything else throw it down!

nictac1

Perris #1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 21, 2009
Menifee!
Nice!
Cant wait for this one, been collecting pictures for years trying to figure the best way to wire......

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I can't wait either... We are going to re wire the car during our down time before the next race and would love to learn some tips and tricks.

I learned alot of my wiring stuff from the boating world. Those guys at Eliminator Boats and DCB sure can do some awesome work too.

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
> Raychem DR-25 for mil spec and motorsport quality heat shrink. Buy from Joey at Pro Wire Motorsport Electronics.
> Raychem heat shrinkable boots for wire junctions, like a "tee" (big$$$). Pro Wire
> Tyco sealed relays - Pro Wire
> Blue Sea Systems fuse blocks with ground bus bars. Buy from K4 switches or Fibertech offroad
> Klixon switches and circuit breakers. Pro Wire.

This stuff is the best in the business. :cool:

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Saw a class 3000 car at Primm last year in front of the PCI truck with the hood off. It was an absolute work of art. Perfection in every way. I wish I had taken pictures. If I ever build another race vehicle it will be a 3000.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000