UTV Hauler/Chase Truck

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Well the Rhino did not fit. The track width is too wide for the rear support bars of the chase rack. I will be modifying these bars ASAP.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
So I had some issues when I went to Havasu over Turkey Day. The transmission on the truck was acting weird. In overdrive the torque converter was unlocking and locking up again. This issue caused the tranny to get hot and puke out some fluid. I could not figure out the problem. I have been searching all the Diesel forums looking for info but I could not find anything. Then today I made a breakthrough. The problems appear to be caused by the LED taillights. The LED lights don't provide enough resistance for the trans lock up circuit.

I need to add a 5watt resistor inline with each tail light. I will be making this mod this week so I can get my new T4 onto a trail ASAP.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
This past weekend I ended up at the frozen tundra race in Jean NV. The sleeping arrangements were less than ideal. I slept in the race trailer with a door open because it broke. At 19 degrees you can't get warm with a door open.

So when I got home I started working on the chase truck to find a way to build it into a sleeper. Basically I moved the front bench seat all the way forward and I modified the seat back to fold back and lay flat by the back seat. Now I I have a nice warm space to sleep at any race.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
So I had some issues when I went to Havasu over Turkey Day. The transmission on the truck was acting weird. In overdrive the torque converter was unlocking and locking up again. This issue caused the tranny to get hot and puke out some fluid. I could not figure out the problem. I have been searching all the Diesel forums looking for info but I could not find anything. Then today I made a breakthrough. The problems appear to be caused by the LED taillights. The LED lights don't provide enough resistance for the trans lock up circuit.

I need to add a 5watt resistor inline with each tail light. I will be making this mod this week so I can get my new T4 onto a trail ASAP.

So a 50 cent part could take out the trans - geeeze

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
This past weekend I ended up at the frozen tundra race in Jean NV. The sleeping arrangements were less than ideal. I slept in the race trailer with a door open because it broke. At 19 degrees you can't get warm with a door open.

So when I got home I started working on the chase truck to find a way to build it into a sleeper. Basically I moved the front bench seat all the way forward and I modified the seat back to fold back and lay flat by the back seat. Now I I have a nice warm space to sleep at any race.
Looks comfy :cool:

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
nice work Rusty...been many a cold morning I have woken up in the desert where that setup would have felt like the Hilton

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The parts arrived today to fix this tail light/transmission problem. I will wire them up tonight.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
All loaded up and ready for another run. I hope everything works good this time so I can finish fabbing up the bed and get it Rhino Lined.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000