Utv Hard Ramming.. Our Mint 400 #1958 aka The Pink Car

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
We got hammered around by jeeps, trucks and a Utv. Not just bumped but hard enough to cause a neck injury. At least 4 utvs were hit by trucks hard enough to put them out if the race. That seems like a lot. Seems to me reckless and unnecessary. If your fast and good you don't need to punt anyone. I believe the #1 Utv 1921 car said he's never nerfed another car. I don't know if it's true but I believe he's good enough not to have to do shit like that.

Attachments

Last edited:

Herrera Motorsports

Mar 15, 2015
George Felix my name is Victor Herrera I was the driver in the Green Kawasaki. Before you call people out maybe you need to get the entire story from your driver. I have been racing off road for over 20yrs I have been hit extremely hard and have done the same. Sometimes what one would call excessive is not always intentional, example I'm about to hit a vehicle in front of me and they check up for something I can't see from behind creating the excessive nerf. Your driver moved directly into our line of travel after mile 21 or 22 at the end of a dry lake bed I saw a fast smooth line on the right while driving past it on the left the 1st lap. So 2nd lap I came up to it and 3 other cars stayed in the left line. I had clean air and full speed coming from the lake bed. The other 3 including an SR1 a Baja and a UTV stayed left and we flew by them, your driver then realized the better line and drove straight across directly in front of us. I then jumped on the brakes and slowed our car enough to avoid taking both of us out, after scrubbing most of our speed a nerf was given all while on the horn. So I'm not apologizing just giving you the story from my eyes. So if you still feel the need to place a target on us/ me bring it.

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
George, I dont know who you are, but dont put "Targets on my back" like your in the Mafia..Sorry if everyone in the world hit you or Moved you..

Victors a legit racer and I would be shocked if he hit you with bad intentions!

Heres some pics of our bumper, taken a few minutes ago, after two years of racing, usually a hard hit will leave some damage..we have none..zero on our bumper..

Additionally I ran the whole 3rd lap with several problems and got cought up by the race 2 Trick Truck, class 1s, 10s 6100 ect twice while gingerly heading back to the finish and never got hit once, using my mirrors, even stopped and flipped over a clas 1 car begging for help with a tow strap in his hand...Ive been racing for years and have been hit numerous times..even bumps sometimes feel like you just got smashed..

Attachments

Herrera Motorsports

Mar 15, 2015
George bring a bigger car if you catch me I deserve to get hit. As you can see on our bumper not a dent on it. I guarantee that if I hit you it was only after being on the horn. I'll give you that are horn isn't an air horn but it was used. By the way my other race car is a 7200 truck and I don't think you want that one after you. Good luck in your racing but if you can't take some nerfing you picked the wrong sport.

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
George you keep bragging about how fast you are, but say slow as hell Jeep speeds and Our Teryx have magic acceleration secrets to chase you down and send you flying through the air 20-30 feet at 40-50 MPH! Lmao

Facts..look at our bumper..its just 90 wall tubing..maybe a metallurgist can explain how extreme metal to metal contact dosnt leave a scratch let alone a dent..I call BS on your war stories..

Also, dont threaten me or my team...and all the others you "called out"

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Victor Herrera is a legit racer....if he nerfed you...you probably had it coming. Its your co drivers job to make sure you dont get the bumper of another car. Sounds like maybe you should be directing your anger at him

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Some good points worth talking about being made. I was glad to see that there wasn't pre-running allowed by the afternoon racers this year. We got taken out of the race last year after getting slammed twice by a trophy truck. I tend to think a stern tap made by another car in the class after waiting to pass is justified. Ramming or getting punted by a much bigger car is another story altogether and has been going on way to much!

Herrera Motorsports

Mar 15, 2015
Thanks BiggJim. OC1 I was hit hard last year by a JeepSpeed didn't like it. But I agree with you after you are caught and don't move you should expect to get hit. And a 800 cc Tyrex vs a 1000 isn't gonna hit you that hard

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
George your Intent was to enlighten, heres a few of your words and threats

low class trailer trash team
these yahoos
ram the hell out of us
your a chicken sh** ,
brag to your Flintstone buddies
you have a target on your back
Not a reputation I'd want to have
I need to return the favor
y'all been outed
were coming with a bigger car I'll paint the bumper green so we don't scratch the paint
dick move.

Who are you how long have you been desert racing.

Honestly Im pissed...you should have reached out to me before you ranted. Im not off the grid Google Dave Lytle UTV, Dave Lytle Saugus etc..you could have found a way to get in touch with me in about 5 minutes through various forums and Media

Reactions: JoeyD23

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Post the video and that will either prove or disprove the claim of abusive nerfing. I will say nerfing is apart of the sport. Abusive nerfing happens and when it does you need to notify the race promoter and file a protest. And since you have video that could be viewed at the protest review and if they find it abusive they can DQ the offender.

If the bumper in question is the bumper in the picture, then I would have to side with Victor as there is no way that bumper slammed another car hard enough to knock them 20-30 ft and cave their bumper in 2 inches. If they did then they would clearly have bumper damage too. BTW just because your bumper is .095 Chromoly does not mean its design was built to take the abuse an off road car see's.

Maybe the damage came from the Jeep Speed?

Once again the video will prove if Victors nerf was abusive and did the damage claimed. So post it up.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
George your Intent was to enlighten, heres a few of your words and threats

low class trailer trash team
these yahoos
ram the hell out of us
your a chicken sh** ,
brag to your Flintstone buddies
you have a target on your back
Not a reputation I'd want to have
I need to return the favor
y'all been outed
were coming with a bigger car I'll paint the bumper green so we don't scratch the paint
dick move.

Who are you how long have you been desert racing.

Honestly Im pissed...you should have reached out to me before you ranted. Im not off the grid Google Dave Lytle UTV, Dave Lytle Saugus etc..you could have found a way to get in touch with me in about 5 minutes through various forums and Media

Dave your right I was pissed I should have waited till I cooled off. I'll edit that how it should read. I'll admit that was wrong way to handle it and I'm sorry. Nonetheless we got beat around in that race and I guess I wasn't as pissed about it till I found out how many others had also and put out of the race over it. I'll review the video and whether u can tell or not visually you can hear our reaction to it. Hav not viewed it but will. Anyway I don't think punting cars is racing. I've raced motorcycles 25 yrs and we mostly took care if each other. Always a few a holes but they were never very good or around long. Victor has my number feel free to call tomorrow.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I dont know george felix but i know both dave and victor and these are long time racer dudes with tons of class. You picked the wrong dudes to put targets on their backs.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I dont know george felix but i know both dave and victor and these are long time racer dudes with tons of class. You picked the wrong dudes to put targets on their backs.
Yeah well like I said I was just frustrated and I apologized which is all I can do. I don't know them but certainly people say their stand up guys so I'm not gonna be an idiot and beat a dead horse.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The "Chrome Horn" really hurts the feelings of newer racers. It's part of racing. Just because someone takes you for a ride does not mean they dislike you. Sorry you had a bad day. If the UTV community wants to be taken serious we need to stop crying. It's off road racing in harsh conditions in purpose built machines. Post the video. I have already watched a few great onboard clips.

GOLF CART DORK.

Reactions: JoeyD23

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Rusty......If it's part of racing then the rule book shouldn't say disqualified for hard nerfing. Get it off the rules and make it part of racing legit. I've raced bikes 25 yrs and taking a rider out was never considered sportsmanlike. It happened but only by accident. A nudge is one thing but whiplash is another. 4,000 lbs vs 1800 lbs is dangerous and no different than me on my 450 taking out a much smaller less powerful 125. I've heard bravado racing talk forever and it's always the same stupid stuff and NEVER the top racers saying it. Most of those guys are very confident and classy show off their skills by beating competition not knocking them out of the race.

I agree if I know your there and now were "racing" then game on but when I'm SUCKER PUNCHED from behind like that is just a cowardly move and a classy talented racer nor sportsman. All I'm saying is let's race fair and no need to hit me when I'm not looking. I just don't get how you can defend that as sportsmanship. The 1921 car is arguably the fastest car out there and he told me he's never had to hit anyone. That's talent, class, and sportsmanship. Imo

Actually it's not feelings I'm concerned about or the car.....I could care less. I do care about neck injuries that are for what? Were not TT.....it's a big quad with a cage. So let's all just go around in circles bashing into each other from behind and see how long this continues to be good clean fun. Do u want your 14 yr old co driving w you when I ram the back of your car for no reason? How about your wife. I know cars that have both in them.

Last edited:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Let me be clear. Inner class nerfing is ok IMO. In a UTV its very hard to hear a horn, siren or anything for that matter.

GOLF CART DORK.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
on a lighter note, i am glad to see a teryx come out ahead of a rzr. :p

and glad everybody is ok.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Define nerf? What's the maximum acceptable impact to a car that doesn't know your there? You can tell when a car now is racing you won't let u by.......speeding up and blocking etc. Does it change in this situation? Up to and including rolling them ? Please explain the boundaries what's fair game and sportsmanship and where does sportsmanship stop? Because every sport has rules about sportsmanship that's why they call it a sport......except I guess blood sport which is to the death. So I'd just like to know what are the boundaries?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
on a lighter note, i am glad to see a teryx come out ahead of a rzr. :p

and glad everybody is ok.
Before u run out and buy a Teryx considering we were the last car off the line and we were ahead of them I'd say not. We had trans issues but they were running pretty strong for an 800 but we already passed them.....clean I might add.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000