USED MAV vs NEW RZR???

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
Hey guys, Im new to the SXS world and looking to buy my first side by side. I recently got to drive my buddies brand new RZR 1000 esp at Pismo Beach. I LOVED IT. So now I'm looking a all my options. I came across what looks like a great deal on a 2015 CanAm Maverick XDS 1000R Turbo. (17k with a trailer). My question is, what kind of performance differences would there be between my buddies 2017 RZR 1000 esp and the 2015 Mav I mentioned? Any imput please! thanks!

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
Ha ha. Love the pic! you must be a Yamaha fan boy! I love those too. The look is very aggressive but I've heard the clutch system isn't the easiest to use...

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
If itt were me id wait until July for the new Arctic Cat before deciding. . More options to choose from are always better. The clutch system on the yxz is not difficult to master.

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
i know the suspension was upgraded in 2015 on the canam. so it should be different than the 2013 you were talking about.

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
Its just such a good deal. I know i like the rzr but I'm not sure if i would notice a big difference. Ive seen footage on youtube of the two brands on the same trails and they seem to be very close in performance.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Unless you can get a X3 the XP 1000 chassis/suspension is superior to the first gen Mavericks. No way around it...the XP works better in the rough stuff. Now if you add the X3 to the list of possibilities that changes things up quite a bit.

Reactions: Glamisfan

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I have friends with the Maverick. One of them sold his. I have not been overly impressed with the long term durability of the Maverick. The stock clutching is nothing wonder and be belt eaters. They are a pain in the ass to work on as your have to remove the plastic panels around the engine. In my opinion they do not handle that well compared to the XP1000. Not much aftermarket support for the Maverick compared to the XP1000.

Used I would look at getting the XP1000. Lots of great deals
Any one want to weigh in on this? I'd really apriciate it!
I would not waist the money on the 2015 Turbo Maverick. The clutch set up needs some help, the suspension in stock from needs work and the rear suspension set up is just odd. Another thing to consider is the Maverick is a pain in the ass to work on. You have to remove the engine cover to get to the motor that sits between you and your passenger. Maintenance on the Maverick is more time consuming. They do not give you great access. Also if you do a lot of technical trail riding you will not like the 4wd set up.

Aftermarket support for the Maverick is just okay. You can pretty much go to any popular riding area and be able to find parts for the XP.

You already drove your friends XP, so you know how it drives.

If you are considering a Can Am, I would only be looking at the X-3.

If you do not have get a SXS right now, then I would wait until you see the new Wildcat XX in person and see what Polaris may release this summer. The pricing on the X-3 is coming down as well.

If you really want the turbo Maverick there are several dealers just sitting on 2016 models and offering huge discounts. Once the X-3 came out nobody was interested in the turbo Maverick.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I don't agree with a lot of the above but my riding is different then most of you guys. I have owned both at the same time. The Maverick handles in the woods much better than the Polaris. Turns better, brakes better, etc. No belt problems on either for me. XP rides A LOT better for slower speed stuff.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I don't agree with a lot of the above but my riding is different then most of you guys. I have owned both at the same time. The Maverick handles in the woods much better than the Polaris. Turns better, brakes better, etc. No belt problems on either for me. XP rides A LOT better for slower speed stuff.
Most of us that posted above are from the Southwest. I have heard the older Mavericks shine in tight twisty stuff.

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
Ha ha. Love the pic! you must be a Yamaha fan boy! I love those too. The look is very aggressive but I've heard the clutch system isn't the easiest to use...
Yeah NO on the weak clutch. It has been proven that the clutch issues are due to bad drivers. Mostly riding the clutch pedal while riding or doing extreme hill climbing with stock gears.

There are several people with over 3,000 miles on the stock clutch to include people that races them all out.

I love my YXZ, best UTV out there for your money IMO. And the fact that there is no belt and that you have a clutch is icing in the cake for me! Is a true rider's car not a point and shot like the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
YXZ has a lot of potential I like new paddle shifter set up. Add a turbo and "holy crap" .... its on. Add a crawler gear and that is icing...

Reactions: Simi Dude

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000