Underground CALL TO ACTION

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5vwFvzynds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5vwFvzynds?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

California 200 - FAST-Aid

Ok Members! We all know of the horrific accident that has taken place at the MDR California 200. Although we may not all be affected by a direct loss of loved one due to this event all of us can be dramatically affected in the long term because of it.

We need to do what we can to support our fallen off roaders but we also need to do what we can to support our desert race organizations to prevent this event from ending the sport so many of us love. Its easy to see that no desert racing will mean loss of jobs and possibly businesses closing up.

We are asking that all of us come together as we have before to support the cause here and write the BLM to show support for off road racing. Also we ask that you consider donating what you can to our affiliate sponsor FAST-Aid - Home. There is a special fund set up for the California 200 race that can be accessed here: California 200 - FAST-Aid

In case you guys are wondering where the Fast-Aid money goes, read this!

FAST Aid - Where your donations are going

We reiceved this from Jim @ M.O.R.E. Racing-

"OK Racers and Fans Just had a meeting with the BLM as of right now they cannot give me any info on our upcoming race, they will let me know next week. As of now they have in mind to Closed Off Road Racing. You need to E mail or call now saying you are against this closing. to E... mail them you need to go to the BLM site as they are not listing their e mail address. you need to fill out their questionnaire. You need to do this in a good way, and explain to them the lost of shuting this down and the effect it will have on our Racing Community."

Here is the BLM contact info :
Bureau of Land Management
Barstow Field Office
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311
Phone: (760) 252-6000
Fax: (760) 252-6098
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F
[www.blm.gov]See More
http://www.blm.gov]/

I urge everyone that reads this to modify it to fit yourself and send it on to your BLM reps. The sport of desert racing is under attack by eco's and the motorized off-road haters. The letter was originally drafted by Chad Ragland and he asked all of us to modify it to fit us and then send it in. Send it to your off-roading friends also and ask them to do the same.

Thank you for helping us in this...

RE: MDR Off-road race in Lucerne, Aug. 14, 2010

Even though this accident happened in another BLM District, I feel it affects all of us, especially us in the desert southwest.

I understand that this is a very difficult time for the BLM as well as the entire off-road community. The tragic loss of eight and the injuries of many more will take a long time to recover from, if ever. As a semi-professional off-road racer and avid outdoors adventurer, I am sending this email to show my support for the BLM and sanctioned off-road racing events. I am aware of the negative way the media has already began to portray off-road racing. I think this is unfair, and not responsible. There is danger in almost everything we do. Driving on America's public roads and highways is still one of the most dangerous things we can do. The death of eight and the injury of several more at the MDR race in Lucerne is a terrible accident, and devastating to all those involved as well as the BLM and off-road racing community. A tragic accident, but still, an accident.
I believe in enjoying this beautiful country and in the BLM for managing our public lands. I know of no better group that appreciates our public lands, that uses our public lands, and wants to see our public lands continue to be a safe and enjoyable, than off-roaders. For over forty years, I, and now my children, have been participating in off-road racing, and it has become not only my passion, but also my second career. I believe off-road racing is an important and legitimate way to experience public lands. I would like to see positive come from this tragedy as I am sure the BLM as well. I think this is possible.
I hope off-road racing and the BLM can continue to work together in a mutually beneficial relationship that continues to provide recreation, enjoyment, and livelihood for a great many of Americans. Lets make this accident/incident be a stepping stone to improve the sport for all. I know a few of the spectators that were involved in the accident or watched it happen, and can state positively, they would want the sport to continue and prosper.

Thank you for your time and attention in this.

www.FAST-Aid.org

California 200 - FAST-Aid

PLEASE DONATE! $5, $10, $20, $100! IT ALL HELPS!!!!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14272779" width="600" height="338" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/14272779">Jesse James - Donate to Fast-Aid.org</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/racedezert">race dezert</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Message from Charlene:
This has been a sad weekend... We have lost 8 members of our offroad community, more are injured and a driver and co-driver are devastated. My prayers and thoughts go out to them, their families and all those that helped in the rescue efforts at the event.

The offroad community has wanted this national attention, and now we got it. Unfortunately, it had to take some drama to get it. With the focus on us...We need to show the world what our community is made of... Quality, stand up citizens that rally together.

Here are some ideas:

* Post on all the comments sections of the different articles that you read online as a Positive Person in the community. Even if someone has already said what you wanted to...post it again. We are outnumbered in the masses.

* If you see something posted that is incorrect, or a bad representation: Post against it... but do it Smartly...Professionally... Respectfully....

* Send a letter of support to the BLM: We understand that this is a challenge, but the solution is not to stop desert racing.
Barstow Field Office
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311
Contact us regarding BLM California Barstow Field Office web pages

* Educate and Teach your co-workers and friends that are seeing the mainstream videos and think this is what desert racing is all about.

* BE POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL I can't stress this enough. This is not the time to be angry or vulgar...You represent our Entire Community to the one person that you are talking to, or the entire forum that you post on (not sayn' any of you have :smile:)

* Assist with getting the word out about FAST-Aid, similar to Red Cross, where people can help support the families that lost their loved ones, or that have medical bills to pay now.
Link to spread around Facebook, Twitter, Myspace etc: FAST-Aid Opens Specific Account for MDR California 200 Accident||Bower Media

Link to send to any Local or National Media that you have contact with (includes logo and Word Doc Download): FAST-Aid Opens Specific Account for MDR California 200 Accident||Bower Media

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Message from Charlene:
This has been a sad weekend... We have lost 8 members of our offroad community, more are injured and a driver and co-driver are devastated. My prayers and thoughts go out to them, their families and all those that helped in the rescue efforts at the event.

The offroad community has wanted this national attention, and now we got it. Unfortunately, it had to take some drama to get it. With the focus on us...We need to show the world what our community is made of... Quality, stand up citizens that rally together.

Here are some ideas:

* Post on all the comments sections of the different articles that you read online as a Positive Person in the community. Even if someone has already said what you wanted to...post it again. We are outnumbered in the masses.

* If you see something posted that is incorrect, or a bad representation: Post against it... but do it Smartly...Professionally... Respectfully....

* Send a letter of support to the BLM: We understand that this is a challenge, but the solution is not to stop desert racing.
Barstow Field Office
2601 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311
Contact us regarding BLM California Barstow Field Office web pages

* Educate and Teach your co-workers and friends that are seeing the mainstream videos and think this is what desert racing is all about.

* BE POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL I can't stress this enough. This is not the time to be angry or vulgar...You represent our Entire Community to the one person that you are talking to, or the entire forum that you post on (not sayn' any of you have :smile:)

* Assist with getting the word out about FAST-Aid, similar to Red Cross, where people can help support the families that lost their loved ones, or that have medical bills to pay now.
Link to spread around Facebook, Twitter, Myspace etc: FAST-Aid Opens Specific Account for MDR California 200 Accident||Bower Media

Link to send to any Local or National Media that you have contact with (includes logo and Word Doc Download): FAST-Aid Opens Specific Account for MDR California 200 Accident||Bower Media
I actually just sent an email to BLM about them trying to stop off-road racing. It was posted on RF. Dude it only takes maybe 2 minutes to write a comment. Come on guys the offroad community need our help! ;)

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Just finished putting my 2 cents together and sent it away. Get on board everyone or we'll be enjoying our toys in our garages.

Farmerdill

Jul 7, 2010
Too bad we don't have a true State wide organization that can represent all forms of offroading.

We've the ASA, CORVA, Cal4Wheel, Friends of this and Friends of that, etc but we need to create something that can appeal and rep everyone.

Establish a Giant money pot for lawyers, lobbyist and literature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000