Two men killed riding all-terrain vehicles in El Mirage

kingck5

Bad Habits - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
pomona cali
Two men killed riding all-terrain vehicles in El Mirage
By Stacia Glenn
Created: 05/17/2009 11:17:08 AM PDT

Two men were killed early Sunday while riding dirt bikes and quads in a dry lake bed in El Mirage, though officials have not said whether the men were riding together.

At midnight, William Andrew Silvestre, a 37-year-old Palmdale man, was riding his Yamaha 350 quad west in the dry lake bed when he hit a berm, rolled his quad and was ejected, said coroner's officials.

He was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:47 a.m.

At 1:11 a.m., John Peter Sliskovich, a 25-year-old Long Beach man, was riding north in the dry lake bed on a 1940 BSA dirt bike when he hit a berm and was thrown from his bike. Sliskovich, who was not wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:11 a.m.

The California Highway Patrol is investigating both accidents.

John Peter Sliskovich, a 25-year-old Long Beach man, was riding north in the dry lake bed on a 1940 BSA dirt bike when he hit a berm and was thrown from his bike. Sliskovich, who was not wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:11 a.m. The California Highway Patrol is investigating both accidents

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
That is strange that both people died hitting a berm..... Not saying it doesn't happ but really what are the odds of 2 people hitting one and getting killed. I hate to hear stories like these but I guess chit happs !! It wasn't the same berm was it, also who doesn't wear a helmet on a dirt bike ? I'm feel for the family but seems like a careless move by the operators of the bike and quad, when it is dark I am very aware of my surroundings and take extra precautions when riding at night on a bike.

Not a good thing at all but might wake up others when out night riding, it is worth taking the extras min. To get suited up to prevent something like this from happ or bettering the odds if you do fall ! Just my.02

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
For sure......

I got this in an email from a fellow member and friend Larry Cox of DRIVE breaks your heart.....It was a rough weekend for the off road community it seems......

From Larry Cox

Yesterday I lost my best friend and 2 great kids, if you can help in any way possible it is going to a great family.

Subject: Townsel Funeral Fund

Please continue to forward this to everyone in your address books.
Thank you for your support.
Larry & Tracy Cox

ChipIn: Townsel Funeral Fund

HOLTVILLE — An Imperial man and his two young sons died of their injuries Saturday morning when their pickup collided with a tanker truck on East Worthington Road near here, a California Highway Patrol officer said.

Wesley Townsel, 34, who reportedly was on his way to fish with his sons, was traveling east on Worthington in his 1994 single cab Toyota Tacoma while a 1999 GMC tanker truck headed north on Highline Road, said Highway Patrol Officer Pablo Torrez.

Townsel apparently drove through a stop sign at an unknown rate of speed and into the path of the tanker truck, officials said. The Highway Patrol received a call reporting the incident at about 6:30 a.m., Torrez said.

The tanker truck, driven by Jesus Hernandez Jr., 31, of El Centro, broadsided the pickup on the right side at about 45 mph, Torrez said.

Hernandez escaped injury and is thought to have made the 911 call, Torrez said.

Townsel’s 10-year-old son, who longtime family friends identified as Cody, was pronounced dead at the scene, Torrez said. Townsel died at El Centro Regional Medical Center. His 5-year-old son, Tanner, was flown to Yuma Regional Medical Center, Torrez said, and was to be transported to another hospital because of his injuries.

Torrez declined to confirm the victims’ names because he was unsure whether relatives had been notified, but Yuma Medical Examiner Investigator Robert Virgil said Tanner Townsel died in the emergency room of the Yuma hospital.

The boys’ mother was at the hospital when she learned of her younger son’s death, Virgil said.

Wesley Townsel’s name was confirmed by Elise Bryant, an El Centro Regional spokeswoman.

Tanner sat by the passenger side door while his older brother sat in the middle, officials said. Everyone in Townsel’s truck was wearing a seatbelt, Torrez said.

Highway Patrol Capt. Jose C. Vasquez said he was saddened by the news of the fatal crash, especially because it involved young children. Vasquez learned of the incident while he attended an event in El Centro.

“The CHP is very concerned by the loss of life in a collision because everyone suffers and everyone’s in pain,” Vasquez said.

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Man this stuff is getting out of control, they say that they come in 3s but that is way more than 3. I sure that this has to be hard to handle Joey my prayers and thoughts go out to all that are directly impacted my these tragic events ! Keep ur head up big dog

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
When I said they come in 3s it is no reference to the 3 that died in the T.C its a overall statement. Don't want anyone to think I'm taking crap on something like this...

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
This might sound selfish but I don't want to imagine the pain that this would bring....All I can say is I wish the family/friends the best

Hey Joey I was looking at where to send donation but I didn't catch the paypal account... It might be cause I'm on the phone. Is it there and I just didn't see it !

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
So sad, live every day with joy and appreciate your friends and family always.

family wagon

Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Nevermind on the PayPal comment I found it and its done, seems there has been a good amount of cash thrown in already tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000