Polaris Turbo fix for racers

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Im gonna say more than a stock Turbo car. since Turbo cars are about 110hp to 120 to the wheel. on a good day
nope, we dont make as much as a turbo car hp or torque. We can hang with a turbo car from 0-25mph in a drag race then they run off like a freight train

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
What matters in long straight runs is where the top speed comes into play and the clutches are the limiting factor to. So as long as there's room to stretch out for a while it doesn't matter as much if your Turboed or N/A.
A course with more turns and acceleration going on could work in favor of the Turbos Torque.
Lamberts car I would guess has about all of Sparks tricks in it and I'm sure it makes 30 to 40 more HP than a stock car. Jim your probably laughing right now cause I'm still low. Hehehe

Sent from my Magic Wand!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Since the Naturally aspirated cars are able to build up there motors you might as well just stay in that class.
Since the Turbo cars are Handicapped to stay stock with stock Computer settings they will only be able to go so fast and Hard.
If BITD wanted to make the Naturally aspirated class do like the Turbo class and run stock Computer Tunes and Stock build motors that might keep the field a little more competitive for the un sponsored shoestring budget race Teams.
You dont have a clue what our car makes horsepower wise. Our motor is built conservatively to live through the harshness of the desert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simi Dude

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
All this talk of horsepower is cool and all, but I dont think anyone has answered his original question, clearly Polaris has an issue with cars catching on fire and has a stop ride on the turbos. It seems like he would like an answer to why the recreational cars are unsafe to drive and the race cars are not, is there something that the race car guys are doing to make them safe and if so why isnt that info being filtered down to the recreational guys who have spent good money on something collecting dust in their garage, or are the race cars just as unsfe as the stock cars and if so why are they allowing them to race.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
You dont have a clue what our car makes horsepower wise. Our motor is built conservatively to live through the harshness of the desert.
I don't have any idea what yours is at for HP but I'm guessing that Sparks has it Tuned up pretty good which is very obvious. Which is fine by all.means.

Stock XPturbo makes 144 engine 103 to the wheels stock , can am turbo makes 131 engine 96 to the wheels.
Stock RZR is 80 or so.
I'm not trying to get your HP number but just looking at the classes overall and I would say the NA class cars can obviously hang with some motor work.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
All this talk of horsepower is cool and all, but I dont think anyone has answered his original question, clearly Polaris has an issue with cars catching on fire and has a stop ride on the turbos. It seems like he would like an answer to why the recreational cars are unsafe to drive and the race cars are not, is there something that the race car guys are doing to make them safe and if so why isnt that info being filtered down to the recreational guys who have spent good money on something collecting dust in their garage, or are the race cars just as unsfe as the stock cars and if so why are they allowing them to race.
What have they done? They ignored the stop ride order and raced.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Racing is Racing and anything is possible in the desert and these guys all wear fire suits and have plenty of fire extinguishers and experience in the field to handle what ever comes there way. Plus the cars are meticulously prepped to Race.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Reactions: BiggJim

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Were the 2 cars that burnt down in 1 day that Marc owned turbo cars?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I'm just wondering if those 2 rzr's burned down from the mystery problem the stop ride was issued for.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Ok that's what I've been wondering. I'm sure people building the cars know what improvements to make. But I just wondered if the factory was letting the racers know what had to be fixed to drive the cars.
I was talking to other people and they keep saying the ecu just needs to be flashed but racers have stock ecu so this makes no sense to me.

The recall is for 2 items.

1. The ECU could possibly malfunction in an overheat situation and let the motor heat up until the point that it boils and blows the head gasket or damages the head allowing release of hot coolant and or engine oil.

2. The fasteners on the oil drain tube (i believe from the turbo but don't know that as fact) can become stripped or loose and allow oil to leak, spray, spill out onto hot engine parts causing potential fire hazard.

If you look at the www.cpsc.gov there are a number of different recalls on a number of different makes and models of vehicles in the OHV world...kind of interesting actually how many of them go unnoticed or unrecognized by consumers...a lot of them are minor but still interesting. Honda, Kawasaki, and Arctic Cat all had them for one model or another, not all were sport SXS.

Reactions: crazywatson

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I'm surprised! When I see companies selling fuel rails and making money advertising they prevent fires I would thing they would change them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000