Polaris Turbo fix for racers

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I see the factory supported Polaris Turbo cars and private Turbo cars are not on a stop ride. What have the racers done to fix the factory problems with fire? Did the factory provide guidance on what to fix? I'm curious to see what the diffrence is from a stock car provided from the factory and turned into a race car is compared to a recreation car. Without a fix from Polaris not yet given how do the racers know what needs to be fixed. Or are they just risking it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: hellrzrxp900

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Another question I have is how can they race a car not available for sale to the public? Can Am had to run the X3 in Unlimited becuase it is not yet available.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Who ran a car not available to the public? XP Turbos have been sold for a year now. Its not as if Polaris teams were racing un-released 17 models.

Reactions: JoeyD23

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Who ran a car not available to the public? XP Turbos have been sold for a year now. Its not as if Polaris teams were racing un-released 17 models.
The Turbo is not for sale right now. No dealer is allowed to sell one and all turbo models that were sold are grounded right now.

Reactions: emj007

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Can Am Won the Turbo class with Murray right. Did Murray also win the Unlimited class Also.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Who needs a turbo anyways?

Since the Naturally aspirated cars are able to build up there motors you might as well just stay in that class.
Since the Turbo cars are Handicapped to stay stock with stock Computer settings they will only be able to go so fast and Hard.
If BITD wanted to make the Naturally aspirated class do like the Turbo class and run stock Computer Tunes and Stock build motors that might keep the field a little more competitive for the un sponsored shoestring budget race Teams.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Murray won pro-production turbo with their usual race car and Unlimited with the X3.

Cognito won UTV overall and pro-production NA.

Most factory sponsored racers are running a full tube chassis one off purpose built race car that is basically nothing like a factory ride minus the name on the side, the motor and transmission. Heck a bunch of the 2 seat cars you see racing started life as a 4 seat vehicle. The rules are very liberal in that sense, i think all you have to keep is like the 2 bottom main tubes of the factory frame and the suspension mounting points have to be same measurement and distance "identical" to factory. Dont quote me on that but it is something similar to it. The rules make you change things like fuel tank and firewall construction making these cars very different from the factory, doesn't matter what factory either Popo, Can-Am, AC, John Deer

There are a lot of build threads on here you can search through to find the differences, The RedLands car would be a good one to look at...i think one was posted recently by Madigan Motorsports. You could also look at the thread of Joey and Cagewrx car being built right now by Cognito, it is a XPT.

Shoe string budget racers might have more fun mixing it up at the local or regional races then taking on the factory backed BITD guys. Win some local races and get sponsored by a local shop then move up from there.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Im.just thinking that a built Fully Built out motor is gonna be able to out do the Turbo Cars since the Turbo cars are Handicapped on the computers. So along that line of thinking you would think the motors in the Naturally aspirated class should be left stock also.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Im.just thinking that a built Fully Built out motor is gonna be able to out do the Turbo Cars since the Turbo cars are Handicapped on the computers. So along that line of thinking you would think the motors in the Naturally aspirated class should be left stock also.

Sent from my Magic Wand!
This leaves a nightmare to Tec. I think it should be the the other way. I wouldnt want an ecu put into my car that I have no control over in between races. Open it up and let the best man/women win. Desert racing is more about keeping your car together and taking good lines than about who has more HP.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009

Sent from my Magic Wand!
The turbo cars spank us on torque, if they break and we don't, you see the outcome. Look at laughlin race in may, we won our class but were 5th overall, 4 turbos in front of us

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Murray won pro-production turbo with their usual race car and Unlimited with the X3.

Cognito won UTV overall and pro-production NA.

Most factory sponsored racers are running a full tube chassis one off purpose built race car that is basically nothing like a factory ride minus the name on the side, the motor and transmission. Heck a bunch of the 2 seat cars you see racing started life as a 4 seat vehicle. The rules are very liberal in that sense, i think all you have to keep is like the 2 bottom main tubes of the factory frame and the suspension mounting points have to be same measurement and distance "identical" to factory. Dont quote me on that but it is something similar to it. The rules make you change things like fuel tank and firewall construction making these cars very different from the factory, doesn't matter what factory either Popo, Can-Am, AC, John Deer

There are a lot of build threads on here you can search through to find the differences, The RedLands car would be a good one to look at...i think one was posted recently by Madigan Motorsports. You could also look at the thread of Joey and Cagewrx car being built right now by Cognito, it is a XPT.

Shoe string budget racers might have more fun mixing it up at the local or regional races then taking on the factory backed BITD guys. Win some local races and get sponsored by a local shop then move up from there.
Yes I understand that. My question specifically is what are the changes from the stock turbo machine are made to prevent the fires the stock machine is having and if the changes are directed from the factory?
Without an exact protocol from the factory for fixing the fire issue, I don't see how they can be sure the problem is taken care of.
Right now Polaris has not came out with a solution for the recreation riders. Did they come up with a solution for racers?

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
What have they done? They ignored the stop ride order and raced.

I see the factory supported Polaris Turbo cars and private Turbo cars are not on a stop ride. What have the racers done to fix the factory problems with fire? Did the factory provide guidance on what to fix? I'm curious to see what the difference is from a stock car provided from the factory and turned into a race car is compared to a recreation car. Without a fix from Polaris not yet given how do the racers know what needs to be fixed. Or are they just risking it?

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Yes I understand that. My question specifically is what are the changes from the stock turbo machine are made to prevent the fires the stock machine is having and if the changes are directed from the factory?
Without an exact protocol from the factory for fixing the fire issue, I don't see how they can be sure the problem is taken care of.
Right now Polaris has not came out with a solution for the recreation riders. Did they come up with a solution for racers?

The turbo car we built for SYRacing had no issue with fire and we didnt have any sort of special fix.

Reactions: crazywatson

crazywatson

Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Ok that's what I've been wondering. I'm sure people building the cars know what improvements to make. But I just wondered if the factory was letting the racers know what had to be fixed to drive the cars.
I was talking to other people and they keep saying the ecu just needs to be flashed but racers have stock ecu so this makes no sense to me.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
The turbo cars spank us on torque, if they break and we don't, you see the outcome. Look at laughlin race in may, we won our class but were 5th overall, 4 turbos in front of us

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Looking at the splits between pits this race you were right there with the top Turbos though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000