Trying to turn a canned ham into canned Spam

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i heard it drove away under its own power and the reason it nose dived was because the fat chick in the passenger seat lied about her weight to the driver of that fine machine and he could not offset the unexpected extra weight while flying briskly through the air.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Wow! Id say that thing held up pretty damn good!

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
I think the jump was just too beat up by then. Rounds off the lip which certainly didnt help not to mention the whoops starting to form on the approach.

It is crazy how well that thing held up though.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Stock cage held up great. I can't believe it drove away. My RZR's ball joints would of snapped on the first hit and the a-arms would of tore loose on the second.

WhiteX

Dec 8, 2014
WOW!! No helmets what do you know!!???

Glad they only had minor injuries. Would love to hear the drivers take on why he nose dived. Clearly others were hitting this jump. Wonder if he let off or if the ignition cut out or what.
I am friends with the guy in the video. In his defense we were hitting the jump over and over a few weeks prior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBX07mo6uho&

He unfortunately didn't have enough experience to know that he needed to do a small test jump before approaching it with speed. Previously the Maverick was flying nose up over the jump, so no in-air throttle input was needed. But in this case the kicker was too short and it bucked him. He may have been able to pull out by flooring it mid air, but it happened too quickly for a great reaction.

The Mav suffered little damage near the rear subframe area. That was about it.

Also, the main reason the passenger was injured was because her seat somehow became unlatched during the rollover and her head impacted the cage. They both obviously now ride with helmets and harnesses, but his jumping career is over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000